! Can't find any information on "Angola Republica Portguesa Correos $.50 stamp

Old January 19th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
JOBI01

Default ! Can't find any information on "Angola Republica Portguesa Correos $.50 stamp

Although you have neglected to mention the face value of this stamp, most
Angola stamps have a Scott catalog value between 15 and 30 CENTS. Republica
Portugesa appears on stamps of Angola until 1975.
--
Bill Lehr
JOBI Philatelic Services

"Rock Gibbons" wrote in message
Top of the day mates,

The stamp is in mint condition, light brown in color. It has the
country of Angola in light blue with the ocean to the west.
It says "Republica Portuguesa"
Correos

Bottom center "ANGOLA"

I've searched the WWW and have been unable to find any
information about it.

May I please ask for help in identifying, and valuing this one stamp?

Respectfully yours in the search

RG

Old January 19th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

It sounds like Scott # 530 issued Aug 15, 1967 commemorating
the 350th anniversary of the founding of Benguela.

It shows an Angola map with the Atlantic Ocean at the left.
In the top right corner is a picture of Manuel Cerceira Pereira.

Catalogue value 20c mint or used

http://sio.midco.net/mapstamps/angola.htm

Blair

Old January 19th 07, 07:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

G'day Rock,
I'd suggest you have the 50c Angola issue 1955
(here is the 5c issue)
http://cjoint.com/data/btgsgIOeO5.htm

Details: Stanley Gibbons Cat SG526 1955
50c
Map of Angola (West Africa) showing the country's Railway lines

There are 8 values in the set, each value differs in the maps colour.

founded by "Henry the navigator's" boys, when they were
creeping down the west coast of Africa in the 16th century?

HTH

Old January 19th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rod

Oops.
make that the 15th century

Old January 19th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Rod wrote:
G'day Rock,
I'd suggest you have the 50c Angola issue 1955
(here is the 5c issue)
http://cjoint.com/data/btgsgIOeO5.htm

Details: Stanley Gibbons Cat SG526 1955
50c
Map of Angola (West Africa) showing the country's Railway lines

There are 8 values in the set, each value differs in the maps colour.

founded by "Henry the navigator's" boys, when they were
creeping down the west coast of Africa in the 16th century?

HTH

The 50c ($.50) value of Rodney's 1955 set can be seen in the middle
of the row of map stamps on this image,
http://perso.orange.fr/sibai/ebay/A521.jpg

Scott #388 Catalogue value 20c mint or used,

Blair