Any other Namiki VP fans ...

Old January 16th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Default Any other Namiki VP fans ...

On this group? I've been using mine since last summer nearly every day,
still love it. Using Noodler's Aircorp blue-black in it now.

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

Old January 17th 06, 12:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Love the Vanishing Point. I have both the fine and medium inserts for it.
Smooth and comfortable in the hand. Excellent pen for daily use. Heavier
instrument than I would normally select, but very well balanced. I also use
Air Corp blue black. It has become my favorite ink.

Gordon

Old January 17th 06, 01:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Thanks Gordon, it might be my favorite ink now too. I also have both
the M and F nibs, using the latter now.

Old January 17th 06, 04:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

Been using fountain pens since my mother gave me her Esterbrook when I
turned 18. I'm now mid 40's. Although a bit heavier than I'd like, I use
a VP regularly, medium nib size. Loaned it to a friend to sign his name
and he wrote with the nib upside down... since then it's been a bit
scratchy. I have my first bottle of Noodler's on order, thanks to this
group. I've used Penman ink when it was available, usually blue-black.
Switched to Levenger's Cobalt the last few years. Not a bad ink, keeps
its color better than some I've tried but seems to dry slow.

thanks for the help in the past

wrote in news:1137461791.936206.45370
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Old January 17th 06, 02:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

On 16 Jan 2006 14:20:10 -0800, wrote:

On this group? I've been using mine since last summer nearly every day,
still love it. Using Noodler's Aircorp blue-black in it now.

Chris
http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

I have a Carbonesque Black with a Fine nib. Fits well in my small
hands. Since I do not post any pens, these make it easy to use. The
section is just the right size.

Currently it is out of rotation, Lamy 2000 in rotation now, but I tend
to use Herbin, Lamy or Pelican inks in blue or black. Very boring
colours but what can I say?

Must add another VP to my stable in the near future.
Old January 19th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I have two VP's . Great for taking notes in meetings because I dont
have to keep removing and replacing the cap to jot a line.

I always order medium nibs. More than any other brand line I use, the
two Namiki's, one writes like a broad (nib) and the other like a fine.
shrug And it's not theinks, KI've tried several in each. Just
modern manufacturing poor quality control. (Now I'm beginning to sound
like Frank. Eeks!)

Old January 27th 06, 07:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

wrote in message
ups.com...
On this group? I've been using mine since last summer nearly every day,
still love it. Using Noodler's Aircorp blue-black in it now.

Yes, because of the push-button ease, it's my favorite carry-around pen. I
also like the way the clip automatically orients the pen into the proper
writing position in my hand - no time spent looking to see which way the nib
is positioned. Have been using Pelikan turquoise.

--
~~Bluesea~~

Old February 13th 06, 11:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

I've been using a VP for the last five to seven years. Great pen. I
just ordered the fine insert for it as I prefer fine nibs.

I prefer the older style as I find it more comfortable to write with.

Ed
www.fountainpenforum.com

Old February 14th 06, 01:14 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils

"Roger" wrote in message
On 13 Feb 2006 15:14:46 -0800, "Ed Svoboda"
wrote, at least in part:

I've been using a VP for the last five to seven years. Great pen. I
just ordered the fine insert for it as I prefer fine nibs.

I prefer the older style as I find it more comfortable to write with.

Yes, the clip position in the Pilot that is a bother to many
is just different enough in the older Namiki to not be as
much of an issue to some of those folk.

You know, in the love/hate discussions about the VP clip, it never occurred
to me that it might be a new/old design issue instead of simply the
placement on the grip as opposed to the other end like other fps.

--
~~Bluesea~~Seeing the light