Novice with a 100 stamps to trade off.

Old January 5th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Novice with a 100 stamps to trade off.

Hi there,
My son and I are complete stamp novices and have only been collecting a few
months.
It is a struggle to find time to deal with a couple of hundred stamps let
alone thousands.however being gluttons for punishment, we have 100 stamps of
several
european counties (50% Great Britain) and a few from the rest of the world.
These stamps would suit someone who isn't looking for
anything special or someone wanting different swaps.
All we ask in return in a similar amount of stamps from wherever.
Thanks - Dave Bennett

Old January 6th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:04:11 -0000, "Dave B"
wrote:

My son and I are complete stamp novices and have only been collecting a few
months.

+++++++++++++++++
The spammers and con artists have made the Internet a swamp of
suspicion. This kind of abuse has made us wary of messages, which is
unfortunate.

This Stamp Collecting newsgroup should be a place where a sincere Dad
and Son could seek help, and there are many of us oldtimers who would
jump at the chance to trade or donate some of our duplicates, to
promote the kind of interest which you have shown.

I really don't know how we can separate the sincere (like yourselves)
and the crooks (who want to profit from our helpfulness: spammers,
vermin). Any suggestions, anyone?

It was not clear whether you reside in the UK or elswhere, but perhaps
there is a Stamp Club in your area. Perhaps your local Library could
tell you where they meet and when? It is much easier to help new
collectors when you meet face-to-face, and decide whether they are
trustworthy.

There are also Exchange Clubs where pen-pals swap via the mail
services. This has the added advantage of covers franked with newest
Commemoratives from the country of the sender.

Good luck, and let us know about your progress.

S.

Illegal Stamps - The Gambia (2003) Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 May 31st 05 09:17 PM
Trade stamps Luis Marketplace 0 September 26th 04 01:34 PM
Trading in your favor for Jake Westbrook Kraft7014 Baseball 0 June 9th 04 04:03 AM
QUADS to Trade! dr8track 8 Track Tapes 0 August 22nd 03 10:53 PM
Trade my Stamps for Your Phonecards SniperzzzXTC General Discussion 0 July 26th 03 10:13 AM