Seeburg HF100R DIY Cabinet Laminate Kits....

Old November 27th 12, 08:03 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456
Default Seeburg HF100R DIY Cabinet Laminate Kits....

Seeburg HF100R DIY Cabinet Laminate Kits....

I have 3 or 4 1954 Seeburg HF100R Jukeboxes that I will be restoring over this winter. I have made jigs/templates and will be cutting out Laminate for these specific boxes and I was wondering if there was a demand out there for Seeburg HF 100 R DIY Kits.

Below is a photo of the kit that I am currently producing... With one exception, All my future kits will come with a glossy finish on the Brown Burl pieces unlike the matte finish shown on the Brown Burl pieces in the photo below. There is also a customer posted pic of my kit on page 3 of this post that shows alot more detail of it.

Depending on interest I may also be able to offer various colors.

Kits are $325.00 plus Shipping and Handling and PayPal expenses.

All kits come with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee....
If for any reason anyone who buys a kit from me is not 100% Satisfied for any reason,
As long as they return the entire kit to me Un-Used within 30 days of purchase,
I will gladly reimburse them the money spent for the kit.

Anyone interested in buying a kit can contact me over the phone with any questions that you may have or you can also email me at:

TribalRoadKing “insert at sign” OptOnline “insert dot” Net

Payments can be made using "PayPal" for an additional 3% charge.

Thanks for your interest

Jeff Pluchino
68 Cheshire Lane
Ringwood NJ 07456
973 962-6654
Attached Images

Last edited by JeffP : January 27th 13 at 06:38 PM.
Old November 29th 12, 06:25 PM
wildbill wildbill is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffP View Post
Seeburg HF100R DIY Cabinet Laminate Kits....

I have 3 or 4 1954 Seeburg HF100R Jukeboxes that I will be restoring over this winter. I have made jigs/templates and will be cutting out Laminate for these specific boxes and I was wondering if there was a demand out there for Seeburg HF 100 R DIY Kits.

The kit will contain all the same pieces found in this photo below minus the cashbox door piece.

Depending on interest I may be able to offer various colors.

If anyone is interested in buying a kit you can give me a call at 973 962-6654 Thanks Jeff P.
Jeff, any idea how much they would run?
Old November 29th 12, 06:41 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

I'm thinking $325.00 plus whatever it costs to ship from 07456

Last edited by JeffP : January 26th 13 at 06:58 AM.
Old November 30th 12, 05:43 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S

I'm interested. Please send details.

Terry
Old November 30th 12, 08:39 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I'm interested. Please send details.

Terry
Hi Terry, at this time I am only looking to see if there is enough interest in these items for me to offer them out. I have you down as #1, I would need at least 3 people interested in order for me to buy the materials to create another batch. I usually can get 3 complete sets out of 2 sheets of 4 x 8 material in order to do the White and Brown pieces. Thanks for your interest and I hope that 2 or more people decide that they want them too.
Old December 1st 12, 04:54 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

JeffP wrote:
Seeburg HF100R DIY Cabinet Laminate Kits....

I have 3 or 4 1954 Seeburg HF100R Jukeboxes that I will be restoring
over this winter. I have made jigs/templates and will be cutting out
Laminate for these specific boxes and I was wondering if there was a
demand out there for Seeburg HF 100 R DIY Kits.

The kit will contain all the same pieces found in this photo below minus
the cashbox door piece.

Depending on interest I may be able to offer various colors.

If anyone is interested in buying a kit you can give me a call at 973
962-6654 Thanks Jeff P.

|Filename: all_panels800.jpg |
|Download: http://www.collectingbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=251|

Have you approached Victory Glass to see if they are interested in
carrying the kits? Can't hurt to talk to them...

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com
Old December 1st 12, 05:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic

Looks nice; I'm possibly interested.

Can you describe the laminate cut / fitment in more detail? It looks like it
will fit UNDER the side chrome, is that correct? Ditto for the side speakers?
How is the fit around the coin door frame? i.e., is the frame visible once
the laminate is installed, or does the laminate cover all/some of the frame?

How thick is the laminate? (I know someone in years past offered a laminate
kit with material that was somewhat thinner than the stuff normally used for
glue-up counter tops.) Are the bottoms of the side inset pieces curved in the
kit or do I have to form them on site?

I don't visit this group frequently, so feel free to keep my e-mail address on
file if you get enough interest to produce these kits.

Thanks,
Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

Old December 1st 12, 07:34 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Hi John,

Thats a great idea, I have bought many things from Victory Glass since 1999 so it would be really nice if the checks could go in the opposite direction for a change. Once I complete my first batch I will definitely reach out to Denny to see if he has any interest.

Just an update: I have Terry (from this board) interested in a kit and a guy from California who has called me and wants 2 kits so I will be buying the materials sometime next week.

Just a FYI for all you do it yourselfers:

I really like Formica 7182 Dune Wood for the Whitewash White laminate pieces and I really like Formica 1136 Chestnut Burl for the Brown laminate pieces.

Unfortunately, the Formica 1136 Chestnut Burl has been discontinued and I am currently looking for an alternative.

So if anyone on this Forum has any ideas of a similar looking Burl substitute, please don't hesitate to post it.

In addition, While I am giving out FYI's, I aslo found that the Ace Hardware stores carry a Warm Brown Spray Paint that is a dead on Match to the Brown found on the inside and rear of the HF100R
Old December 1st 12, 10:15 PM
JeffP JeffP is offline
Member

Location: Ringwood NJ 07456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic View Post
Looks nice; I'm possibly interested.

Can you describe the laminate cut / fitment in more detail? It looks like it
will fit UNDER the side chrome, is that correct? Ditto for the side speakers?
How is the fit around the coin door frame? i.e., is the frame visible once
the laminate is installed, or does the laminate cover all/some of the frame?

How thick is the laminate? (I know someone in years past offered a laminate
kit with material that was somewhat thinner than the stuff normally used for
glue-up counter tops.) Are the bottoms of the side inset pieces curved in the
kit or do I have to form them on site?

I don't visit this group frequently, so feel free to keep my e-mail address on
file if you get enough interest to produce these kits.

Thanks,
Joseph "Tony" Dziedzi

[/i][/color]
Hi Tony,

You are correct, The laminate will fit under the chrome Boomerangs as well as the Side Speakers and the Coin Return Cup.

The laminate will be cut in such a fashion that will allow it to Butt up Flush with the Cash Box door Trim making the Cash Box door Trim appear to be recessed.

So to answer your question... Your Cash Box Door Trim will be completely visible.

The laminate will be 1/32 thick or 20 Mil. This is necessary as the 1/16 thick 10 Mil material that is generally used on countertops is too thick, especially for the Brown pieces when you apply heat to them in order to bend them around the lower front feet.

I will be building another jig in order to pre bend the 2 front Brown pieces. I know that this procedure is a difficult process for the general Do It Yourselfer and I feel that if I can pre bend them I can make the installation process a whole lot easier.

At this point, I have a total of 6 kits to make, 3 for me and 3 for 2 people in the group so this project is a go.... I should have something available in the next few weeks depending on availablity of the Brown Burl that I cannot seem to find at this time.

Thanks for the Great Questions...

Last edited by JeffP : December 5th 12 at 02:37 AM.
Old December 2nd 12, 12:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S

Jeff -- it sounds like you've made these before? Forgive me if I
should know this, I really don't follow this NG much. But I've had my
R for 5 years now and I need to either get this done or get rid of it.

Do you see this as a relatively easy DIY project? I've never worked
with laminate before. I have done some veneer work.

Terry