Final follow up to e-Bay problem customer

Old May 12th 06, 12:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Final follow up to e-Bay problem customer

I just logged in to e-Bay today and the buyer that I recently had the
shipping terms issue with left me postitive feedback!

I definitely made a mistake in this auction and was headed down the wrong
path in dealing with the customer. I have the good people of RCC to thank
for setting me straight and helping me to maintain my 100% positive feedback
rating.

Old May 12th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"PC" wrote in message
I just logged in to e-Bay today and the buyer that I recently had the
shipping terms issue with left me postitive feedback!

I definitely made a mistake in this auction and was headed down the wrong
path in dealing with the customer. I have the good people of RCC to thank
for setting me straight and helping me to maintain my 100% positive

feedback
rating.

All's well that ends well - and a good learning experience for the whole
newsgroup. Thanks for sharing it.

John Gilbert

Old May 12th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"PC" wrote in message
I just logged in to e-Bay today and the buyer that I recently had the
shipping terms issue with left me postitive feedback!

I definitely made a mistake in this auction and was headed down the wrong
path in dealing with the customer. I have the good people of RCC to thank
for setting me straight and helping me to maintain my 100% positive
feedback
rating.

Over the years I have had rcc set me straight on a lot of subjects, ranging
from the picayune to the big blunder.
Even when it p**s*d me off, I am always
appreciative.........mostly..........eventually... .....well mostly :-)

Never a shortage of people to tell you that you are wrong although there is
often a shortage who will tell you
that you are right.

Dale
(too many yous in that last sentence, I am confused now)

Old May 12th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Dale Hallmark" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message
[...]

Dale, I wish to state, emphatically and unequivocally, that you are
absolutely right in all observations expressed above. Keep up the good
work!

Mr. Jaggers

Old May 12th 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"PC" wrote in message
[...]

Now that is a first! Thank you Mr. Jaggers!

Dale

Old May 12th 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:33:35 -0500, "PC"
wrote:

I just logged in to e-Bay today and the buyer that I recently had the
shipping terms issue with left me postitive feedback!

I definitely made a mistake in this auction and was headed down the wrong
path in dealing with the customer. I have the good people of RCC to thank
for setting me straight and helping me to maintain my 100% positive feedback
rating.

Well, I'm watching "My e-Bay" for my first negative in a couple of
years. I listed a collectible token with a shipping charge of $5.95
USPS Priority Mail. The item sold for a little over $36.

Good guy that I am, I shipped the item before the Buyer's payment was
received, and two days after the auction closed. I had other items to
take the post office, and wanted to save a trip for the last item. I
figured the guy is a collector (which I noted from his feedback) and
would come through with the payment.

A week after the auction closed, I got an e-mail from the Buyer asking
that the item be shipped in a padded envelope for $1.00. I replied
that I'd already shipped the item.

The Buyer paid, in full, by PayPal, but included a rather hostile
comment that he was unhappy that I shipped the item before I received
his payment. He'll probably neutral or neg.

I was tempted to e-mail him back and point out that the time to
negotiate shipping charges is before the auction closes, and he owed
what he agreed to pay when he bid. I kept my mouth shut, though. His
request was reasonable, since the item would have been safe in a
padded envelope, but his timing was a week late.

I'm one of those Sellers that leaves feedback immediately after
receiving payment, and try to get the item in the hands of the Buyer
as soon as possible after the auction.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL
Old May 12th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"PC" wrote in message
I just logged in to e-Bay today and the buyer that I recently had the
shipping terms issue with left me postitive feedback!

well now If legend logs into ebay and is reinstated, laura can go back to
her usual trolling.

Old May 12th 06, 02:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Tony Cooper wrote:
On Thu, 11 May 2006 18:33:35 -0500, "PC"

Good guy that I am, I shipped the item before the Buyer's payment was
received, and two days after the auction closed. I had other items to
take the post office, and wanted to save a trip for the last item. I
figured the guy is a collector (which I noted from his feedback) and
would come through with the payment.

A week after the auction closed, I got an e-mail from the Buyer asking
that the item be shipped in a padded envelope for $1.00. I replied
that I'd already shipped the item...

Tony, if he leaves you a negative, it would certainly be unfair. Like
you said, he should have worked it out with you before bidding.

I used to send out the occasional package before it was paid for if the
feedback was good and it seemed to be a known eBay customer. It took
one bad experience for me to stop doing that. The customer didn't pay
and worse yet sent several emails that he was going to send payment.
The emails were just a game he was playing, so I just chalked the small
loss off to experience. eBay NARUed him. Often there are hidden marks
behind what looks like good feedback. My NPB was enough to push him to
NARU status.

I think the loss was around $5. I thought it a pretty cheap price for
someone to sell his character. But then, some people's characters
aren't worth even that much It was an inexpensive lesson for me
about sending out packages before they were paid for.

Anyway... if you get negged, it will be undeserved. I wouldn't be
surprised if you get a positive, despite the words from the buyer.

Anita

Old May 12th 06, 05:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
Well, I'm watching "My e-Bay" for my first negative in a couple of
years. I listed a collectible token with a shipping charge of $5.95
USPS Priority Mail. The item sold for a little over $36.

Well, if you get a negative (which I think is unlikely, highly unlikely),
be sure to let us know. I would love to read the negative that slams a
seller for too fast of shipping. 8)

Bill

Old May 13th 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

A week after the auction closed, I got an e-mail from the Buyer asking
that the item be shipped in a padded envelope for $1.00. I replied
that I'd already shipped the item.

Wow that is a new one! A buyer complaining that you shipped too soon!

Customer Du Jour Wes Chormicle Coins 12 July 9th 05 06:16 PM
Has anyone had a problem with "My eBay" before? Randy Thompson Coins 7 June 9th 05 01:06 AM
Cup Final programmes for sale Keith Hampson Football (US) 2 October 16th 03 05:35 PM