BEP selling coins now--sheesh! 'Jump the Shark' moment?

Old May 10th 06, 11:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default BEP selling coins now--sheesh! 'Jump the Shark' moment?

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/store/section.cfm/511/2565

Yes or no?

I guess if the US Mint gets to sell currency the BEP gets to sell coins huh?
Starting with 2004 Texas SHQ's? I wonder if they'll be something special?
They must have authorized these special for the BEP back in '04 or
thereabouts because I always thought they were forbidden from selling coins
after that year had passed? If they're going to do this why not release some
BU Texas commems or something like that? ;-)
'21D Walkers would be nice. You know--like Walker Texas Ranger?
This really puts the 'heebie-jeebies' down my spine--like a bad omen.
Dogs and cats living together.

I was lucky a few times buying from there but they take like 5 -6 weeks to
deliver. Much like the US Mint used to--or still does on occasion.

Old May 10th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

You can still get past years of SHQ's but it used to be that once that year
had passed that was it.
They must have a law written for these to be sold post date==I really hate
that.

Old May 11th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

I-d say that, in that set, the quarters are simply window dressing. The
value will be in the notes.

Old May 11th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Yeah if they were something special it would seem like they'd be shilling
that to no end.
I wonder if the $2 was from uncut sheets? I can only find reference to K
district twos being made in sheets for collectors.
???

Old May 11th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Says matching _low_ serial numbers so I am guessing that the BEP may have to
do a small run just for this set. Could make the twos something special.
Just me guessing at this point.

Old May 12th 06, 01:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Guess if I want to keep up on my duece types I'll have to get one.
Watch'em
start selling K's in humungous numbers the week after these sell out.
;-)

I've heard other duece collectors say the same thing. I think you'll see a
bunch of ones, fives and tens on eBay shortly after release. 8-)

Old May 13th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
k.net...

"Brian Blackwell" wrote in message

"bri" wrote in message
nk.net...
[...]

Too bad someone would break up a matching set of low SN's huh? Idiots. Just
makes the ones that are complete sets worth more is all.
There was a blurb I read somewhere about how they do on occasion have
special runs of collector notes so that's probably what these will be.
Well I really have a problem since I'm thinking of some other notes to get
besides this set--like I already have a low SN $5 and a $10 star and a one
star and a pair of regular I dist. gem dueces for 2003. So adding more
2003's is duplicating my efforts. I'm glad I'm not trying for $2 stars since
then I'd have to be buying a whole lot of 2003's at over 10 bucks each or
whatever those are getting now.
But then again if they only make 2000 K district dueces and that's it for
those then you just know that those will be quite collectible. Esp. if I get
lucky again and manage to get a sweet number.
This kind of stuff pops up and always puts a wrench in my plans--like I was
working on a complete type set of I district star $1 FRNs and I got 3 just
waiting for me to buy but those will have to wait if I want to get that set.
;-)

Vcoins approaching $9,000,000 mark Anka Coins 7 June 18th 05 12:46 PM
Coin Toning Question ynotan Coins 3 October 6th 03 09:28 AM
Coin grading/authentication services -- periodic post Linda Coins 6 August 8th 03 06:25 AM
Help on telling repro Linda Coins 11 July 30th 03 02:03 AM