A Littel Boasting

Old March 28th 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default A Littel Boasting (and a lot of lyin')

Francis A. Miniter wrote:
wrote:
And then you go on to defame her further.

Mr. Minter,
Just to be sure, because words can be tricky and heaven knows the
two syllable ones sometimes get me confused as well, I looked up the
definition of "defame" in Wiki - Here's what it said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defame

"In English and American law,, and systems based on them, libel and
slander are two forms of defamation (or defamation of character), which
is the tort or delict of publishing (meaning to a third party) a false
statement that negatively affects someone's reputation. "Defamation" is
the term generally used internationally, and is accordingly used in
this article where it is not necessary to distinguish between "libel"
and "slander". "

My that looked complicated!
So I decided to educate myself further on the distinction between
"libel" abd "slander" and this is what good old Wiki had to say on that
sco

" "Libel", "slander", and "defamation" are commonly used as synonyms
in ordinary language in Britain and Ireland. In some jurisdictions,
like the United States, defamatory communication in writing is termed
"libel" while one made via the spoken word is termed "slander" "

.....just a few paragraphs below on that same page.

Having actually educated myself (what a concept!) I felt much more
confident in being able to reply to your erudite cirtique on my
comments regarding Mr. Orobko. However, I decided that I needed
something more in order to respond properly and that thing I needed was
"critical thinking skills". While racking my brain and actually using
such skills, it seemd to my (mostly) uninformed mind that the operative
phrase in the above definition was as follows: "a false statement that
negatively affects someone's reputation.". Note the word "false".

But everything that I quoted regarding Mr. William Orobko was taken
from sources that were fully annotated and, in fact, used Mr. Orobko's
very own words (documented) as the source in most cases. Thus
nothing that I have said about Mr. Orobko was false (assuming we are
to believe the very words that Mr. Orobko has written).

I assume the reason that you were unable to actually click on the link
and confirm the words for yourself was some sort of all-too-common
computer glitch. Such glitches, I have noted, occur rather commonly in
mediums such as this one where anyone (even those with less processing
power then average) can write as they wish. I can only suggest that,
since I assume that you are as familiar with the definitions of
"defamition" and "libel" as I now have become, that you aquaint
yourself with the links to Mr. Orobko's words and actions at your
earliest convenience when and if your "glitches" have been overcome.

Here are several places you may start:

http://www.tsroadmap.com/info/bailey-willow-arune.html

http://www.tsroadmap.com/info/willow...arassment.html

http://www.geocities.com/therealbillorobko/

http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...ml#anchor29531

Old March 29th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

I very much regret that these two individuals, who have now pursued me for
almost five years on line, have invaded this place.

Usher and Diane Melrose are atypical. Most who have GID (Gender Identity
Disorder) have other associated issues but very few behave in the manner you
have all now witnessed.

Their purpose is, of course, to force me to leave this group as has happened
in the past. Instead, might I urge all of you to simply "Block" these two
individuals in your mailbox. Highlight the post and then go to "Message" on
the upper toolbar. Down then to "Block Sender" That way, the posts from
these two rather nasty types will simply not show up on your screen.

If they continue to bother this group, I will of course leave when
requested.

Sorry to have had this issue come forward on this list. Such was not my
intention.

Regards,
Willow

"Allison Turner-" wrote in message
on 28 Mar 2006 10:33:05 -0800, stated:

michael adams wrote:
But not topical for this particular NewsGroup, unfortunately.
^^^^^^^

I agree.

But you have been warned.

Jennifer Usher

So, Jennifer (and Dianna), what books do you collect?
An interesting finds you'd like to share? Are you more
interested in modern firsts, say, or those old books
with rich worn leather bindings? Do you still have
room in your apartments for another shopping bag of
used books, purchased at the local thrift store? Do
you collect books for the way they look on the shelf?
For their content? For their association? For their
rarity?

-Allison

shamelessly stolen from someone else's sig. file:
"Indeed, a properly 'fixed' television has plenty
of room in it for more books" - Larry Phillips,
Rec.Crafts.Metalworking 2-19-00

--
..

Old March 29th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

William Orobko writing as Willow Arune wrote:
Sorry to have had this issue come forward on this list. Such was not my
intention.

And I guess it wasn't your intention to provide a link to this
newsgroup and this very discussion on *another* newsgroup less then 2
hours ago so troll posts coul dbe more easily directed here. Was it
Bill?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...64c25e6bf1417f

Just as it was't your intention to harass the employer of a woman who
disagreed with you online was it Bill?

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...34f247a?hl=en&

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...cee735b?hl=en&

Just as it was not your intention to threaten a different woman's in
an ultra-creepy post that mentioned several stores near her place of
residence as well a a creepy nearby her house flower shop reference

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...c2f0c9a?hl=en&

Old March 29th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Willow Arune" wrote in message

I very much regret that these two individuals, who
have now pursued me for
almost five years on line, have invaded this place.

Don't regret. Don't respond to their taunts. Don't
acknowledge they exist.

They're trolls; they're feeding off this attention. Let
them starve.

Kris
We'll make up our own minds

Old March 29th 06, 03:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

on Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:25:18 GMT, Willow Arune stated:

[...]
If they continue to bother this group, I will of course leave when
requested.

Sorry to have had this issue come forward on this list. Such was not my
intention.

Nah, don't worry about it.

Some of us might play cat'n'mouse with them for a bit,
if we're bored. But most of us have been around the
block a few times, and know where the killfile button
is.

Some very unpromising newcomers end up being valued
members of the community, of course, but I haven't seen
anything to indicate that either of these will, and so
I won't worry that I'll miss anything if I do put that
underused button to work.

Just keep on with the r.c.b-topical posts, don't feed
the trolls, and everything should be just fine.

-Allison

--
..
Old March 29th 06, 04:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

wrote:

Francis A. Miniter wrote:

wrote:
[...]

SNIP

I assume the reason that you were unable to actually click on the link
and confirm the words SNIP

First, I had no interest in clicking on any link and don't intend to do so.

Second, I used the term "defamation" because its legal meaning is a statement
(written or spoken) that tends to place a person's character in disrepute.
"Libel" is a false defamation that is written and published.
"Slander" is a false defamation that is oral and published.
But defamation serves as the basis for other legal causes of action including
(1) "false light", where the statements may be technically true but the overall
context places the person in a "false light"; and (2) invasion of privacy, a
tort which has been developed more in civil law societies of recent times, but
still serves a person who finds that his or her social contacts are being
polluted by butinskies who have a personal grudge to impress upon those who
communicate with the victim. Having no interest in the truth of your
allegations, it was this latter context that I had in mind when made my comment.

Finally, I note again, and you may wish to take some time to examine this
newsgroup, most of us post under our real names and have no hesitation at giving
our real addresses. If you believe that your position is beyond assault, then I
encourage you to do so too. If you think otherwise, I encourage you to cease
and desist your defamation.

Francis A. Miniter

Old March 29th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

"Francis A. Miniter" wrote in message

Your behaviour is unacceptable, unlike that of Willow's.

As long as we're critiquing, you're grammar is atrocious, similarly to that
of others who's skills of English are also not very well.

You basically burst into our "house" uninvited. Look at your behaviour
from our perspective. You may not like what we see.

True enough. But OTOH if you listen to yourself from from their perspective
they might not hear what you're saying. I suggest semaphores.

By the way, I note the curious fact that you and "Dianna Melrose" have the
same mail server "gmail.com" - a most unusual one and a most interesting
coincidence.

Good point about gmail Sherlock. Very suspicious. Evidently it's owned by
some outfit called google or summat. Never heard of this google thing
myself, and with a stupid name like that it's just as well. Makes you wonder
about these fly by night interweb companies. I mean, google, good grief.
Whatever were they thinking.