Finally Clearing Up Old Issues - John Pelan's Lie

Old April 17th 05, 10:03 PM
Haunted River

Wildwood wrote:
you up next, work it out now.

And of course the quintissential characteristic of a Netkook:

blaming
others for the rancor he himself causes.

So why is it that everyone knows he is both a 'kook and a troll, but
they respond to him anyway, polluting multiple groups instead of
ignoring and silently laughing at him?

For the very good reason that I am neither a kook nor a troll. That's
just a silly but obvious attempt to demonise me so in order to try and
dismiss what I say. It's textbook stuff.

Seriously, the rancour between Pelan and I could easily be resolved
should these things happen:

1) Pelan either owns up to having lied about stock ownership of
Isomedia or else publishes the emails which he says will clear his name

2) He stops stalking around after me in various Yahoo and Google
newsgroups, harrassing me with a succession of sock puppets

3) He desists from abusing me and in particular my family

4) He closes his abuse group "Bad Mr Toad" at Yahoo.

Until he does those things, I'm going to keep reminding folk that he is
an abusive bully who tells lies. Once he owns up to the lie and
apologises, I'll drop the matter.

Of course he won't admit having lied. He knows his professional
credibility would be horribly undermined should he admit that he had
lied and that his ISP had threatened to sue him for lying.

So the conflict goes on......but I would point out that it does so
because of Pelan's propensity to bully and lie, not because of my
dogged determination to stand up to him. As I said, I will happily lay
down arms once Pelan makes confession.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old April 17th 05, 10:11 PM
Haunted River

You've been branded a mentally ill liar by the group
alt.horror.cthulhu.

It's been proven by someone who appears to be a respectable film-maker
(whom you've harrassed) that you lied brazenly about receiving letters
from professional organisations, in your bizarre quest to prove him a
net kook and troll etc etc. Even a published friend of yours privately
confided to me that you were mad, in the context of asking me to be
kind to you because of that illness. And I know that you lied about
receiving emails from John Pelan's ISP because their Legal Counsel
Barry Maulding told me so (in an email I published with his
permission).

It's pretty obvious that *you* are the sick internet deviant here,
O'Brien.

Old April 17th 05, 10:13 PM
Bob

Haunted River sez:
I'm going to keep reminding folk that he is an abusive bully who tells

lies.

I'm beginning to believe you Barker!

He knows his professional credibility would be horribly undermined

What professional credibility? His little vanity press scribblings?
He's already a laughing stock on rec.collecting.books and with every
post digs himself in deeper and deeper.
He a pitiable, cowardly, loud-mouthed endomorphic bullyboy who hides
behind the internet.
I gaurantee that he wouldn't dare open his mouth in person because he
knows he would get the living **** beat out of him.

Old April 17th 05, 10:28 PM
Haunted River

That is the best character description of John Pelan that I've heard
for a long while. He's cowed many of his cronies and customers into
submission via his domineering personality and those of his peers who
should know better have too many shared business interests to risk
standing-up to him.

Pelan DID tell a lie about his ISP to try and stop people complaining
to the ISP about his abusive behaviour. He then tried to bully the ISP
because they freeely admitted to me that they had reprimanded him for
lying. He flew into a rage and threatened them with litigation. Oh, the
irony of it! Pelan lies about owning stock in their company, and then
*he* threatens to sue *them* after they find out about it. Worse, he
then employs a deranged lunatic called Kevin O'Brien to claim to have
received emails clearing Pelan from all charges....only, neither of
them can actually publish those emails because they don't actually
exist, and if they were stupid enough to fake some, Isomedia would
quickly sue them both.

As for 'professional credibility', I long ago rumbled the fact that
Pelan keeps on referring to himself as the 'critically-acclaimed'
author / editor etc etc of this or that book. But where is that
critical acclaim? In five odd years, I've never yet been able to locate
any. Does it exist, anywhere?

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old April 17th 05, 10:36 PM
Mark Dillon

Kevin L. O'Brien wrote:

Still another example of Barker's expert imitation of a Netkook.
Netkooks love to make grandiose claims such as this, and then when
everyone ignores them knowing they could never make good on their
boasts they then declare victory.

As I said; to the Netkook there can be only one reason why no one took
him up on his grandiose offer. Of course, to any reasonable person
there can be and generally are other legitimate reasons, the chief one
being that no one believes the Netkook can make good. But to the
Netkook silence is vindication of his claims, and so he declares
victory. As Barker does here.

And of course the quintissential characteristic of a Netkook: blaming
others for the rancor he himself causes.

Netkook, narcissist... no matter which term we use to describe
Barker, we're dealing with someone so profoundly ill that he will
never understand the implications or extent of his illness.
He will never grow, never learn, never accept responsibility for
his own self-imposed frustration. And he will never stop blaming
the rest of us for his constant self-sabotage.

It seems to me, then, that our only solution is to killfile everything
he says. It's not as if we'd miss anything new: Barker repeats the
same dull fantasies every time; refute him this year, and he'll
be back next year with the same obsessive fabrications. And it's
not as if anyone would ever believe Barker's lies: he wipes out
his own credibility with masochistic finesse.

So why are we wasting time with him? We have so many things to
share, so many worthy topics to discuss, so many things to learn...
but every moment spent with Barker is a blot on the day.

Please: let's ignore him, once and for all.

Mark Dillon
Quebec, Canada

Old April 17th 05, 10:43 PM
The People's Poet

Stop wasting your time and email the Legal Counsel through
www.isomedia.com and ask him this:

"Please can Mr Barry Maulding confirm whether he reprimanded John Pelan
for lying about stock ownership with his company?"

That way you'll cut straight to the heart of the matter and find out
who is lying.

Alternatively, you could do no such thing, and persist in covering-up
for an abusive friend. It just depends on whether or not you want to
find out who is lying.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old April 17th 05, 11:38 PM
John Pelan

On 17 Apr 2005 14:13:36 -0700, "Bob" wrote:

Haunted River sez:
I'm going to keep reminding folk that he is an abusive bully who tells

lies.

I'm beginning to believe you Barker!

He knows his professional credibility would be horribly undermined

What professional credibility? His little vanity press scribblings?

**** you, you worthless junkman, when I want any shot out of you I'll
suggest that you scrape your tongue. Make of the comments below to my
face and see what happens, tough guy.

He's already a laughing stock on rec.collecting.books and with every
post digs himself in deeper and deeper.
He a pitiable, cowardly, loud-mouthed endomorphic bullyboy who hides
behind the internet.
I gaurantee that he wouldn't dare open his mouth in person because he
knows he would get the living **** beat out of him

Delusional asshole. Get back to your dumpster-diving. Anytime you
think your hard enough, bring it the **** on. You'll spend the rest of
your miserable life drinking out of a straw.

Cheers,

John

Old April 18th 05, 04:31 AM

Haunted River wrote:

You've been branded a mentally ill liar by the group
alt.horror.cthulhu.

LOL! That's rich. Only in Barkerville does the opinion of one person
represent the unqualified opinion of an entire newsgroup!

It's been proven by someone who appears to be a respectable

film-maker
(whom you've harrassed) that you lied brazenly about receiving

letters
from professional organisations, in your bizarre quest to prove him a
net kook and troll etc etc.

LOL! Oh, this is priceless stuff! Only in Barkerville would the
unsubtantiated accusations of a man who lied about me to third parties
and forged email messages by considered proof.

Even a published friend of yours privately
confided to me that you were mad, in the context of asking me to be
kind to you because of that illness.

LOL! This is the best yet! When my friend read this, he contacted me
and told me that this was most definately NOT what he told you. So
again you've lied about what people say to you.

By the way, still not insulted, but please feel free to try again.

And I know that you lied about
receiving emails from John Pelan's ISP because their Legal Counsel
Barry Maulding told me so (in an email I published with his
permission).

LOL! It just got better. Mr. Maulding informed me that you had
changed the contents of that email before you published it, and that he
had told you directly that he had not reprimanded John and that he
asked you to stop saying he had.

It's pretty obvious that *you* are the sick internet deviant here,
O'Brien.

Yes, well, Barkerville is indeed a very strange place.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Old April 18th 05, 04:48 AM

Thank you for your advice. I appreciate your concern.

My interest in responding to Barker is not to "win", or to inform
people of the "truth" about Barker (though there may be newcomers who
might take him seriously, or wonder why I do not defend myself), or to
respond to his vile accusations (though again on Usenet failure to
respond is often seen as an admission of guilt). I respond for two
reasons:

Like John I am exercising my freedom of speech; you and others are then
free not to listen.

What I do is akin to the saying that all that evil needs to triumph is
for good men to do nothing.

By all means, please feel free to killfile Barker, me, Pelan, and this
thread. Were I in your place I would probably do the same (except for
the reason I stated earlier). Just keep in mind that had you been
subjected to Barker's vitriol you might feel differently.

So leave us to our own private antechamber of Hell forever at each
other's throats, but understand why we do it and pity us, not revile
us.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Old April 18th 05, 10:34 AM
The People's Poet

Pains me to say it, but you're right Adams.