Finally Clearing Up Old Issues - John Pelan's Lie

Old April 15th 05, 08:32 PM
Haunted River

Default Finally Clearing Up Old Issues - John Pelan's Lie

It is in no one's interest to have prickly issues grumbling on forever
and a day, so in an attempt to clear up one particularly annoying
dispute, I make this post, in the hope that we can finally resolve the
issue and move onwards to other things.

On the 1st and the 8th February, John Pelan claimed stock ownership of
his then ISP CNW / ISOMEDIA.

Links proving this:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...2258eb48f56c47
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e8645bad64a43a

Pelan made these claims to deter anyone from complaining to his ISP
about his abusive internet behaviour. However, I liased with ISOMEDIA
via their website (www.isomedia.com) and was put in contact with their
Legal Counsel, a Mr Barry Maulding. Not only did Mr Maulding confirm
that he had reprimanded John Pelan for abusive behaviour, but that
Pelan was most definitely not a stockholder, and that he had
specifically warned Pelan to stop making this false claim.

Indeed, Mr Maulding deemed it so serious a matter that he actually
telephoned Pelan at home.

A short while ago, Pelan's new acquaintance Kevin O'Brien, claimed in
alt.horror.cthulhu to have received emails from Barry Maulding
completely disputing my account of things, allegedly stating that Mr
Maulding had denied ever having been in contact with me. However,
O'Brien has a proven track record of lying about such matters, and
faking communications that never existed, as proved he

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ad11eed04746e8

Both Pelan and O'Brien have been curiously unwilling to publish these
supposedly-received emails from Mr Maulding, no doubt fully aware that
ISOMEDIA would swiftly litigate against for forging non-existent
communications. In contrast, I have been given permission by Mr
Maulding to publish his email confirming that both Pelan and O'Brien
are lying.

This email is cited below, with full headers, in case anyone doubts its
authenticity. Furthermore, Mr Maulding is still in residence as Legal
Counsel at Isomedia, and anyone doubting my version of events can liase
with him themselves.

From: "Barry Maulding"
Subject: John Pelan
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:29:08 -0800

Mr. Barker,

Regarding your email of Dec. 29, you are authorized to publish
any emails I sent you and this email.

I do not deny and have not denied that I warned Mr. Pelan to
stop making false claims about being an owner of ISOMEDIA.

Barry Maulding
General Counsel

* * *

John Pelan has persistently tried to dodge this issue. He started off
denying that he had ever made any claims about ISP stock ownership
(until I posted links to his own posts proving that he had); then he
argued that I had not received any emails from Mr Maulding (until I
published one of those emails, proving that I had); now it would appear
that Pelan is questionning Mr Maulding's very existence, even though
that can be very easily corroborated.

Pelan's original lie is bad enough, but this sleazy, constant denial of
wrongdoing is causing significant ongoing problems in many newsgroups.
Other people are becoming victims. My belief is that until Pelan
finally apologises in public, admitting that he lied about this
specific issue, then many newsgroups jointly frequented by us both will
continue to be unpleasant and acrimonious. Furthermore, until he
accepts and acknowledges his guilt in this matter, he will be unable to
stop stalking and harrassing me in his very obvious attempt to clear
his own name by attacking mine. Again, I would argue that I am not the
only victim of this abuse: everyone who gets dragged into the matter
suffers to some degree or other.

I doubt very much that Pelan will have the humility or decency to own
up to his lie, far less apologise for it. I would therefore urge his
friends and acquaintances to urge him to either do so - which would
clearly be in the interests of several newsgroups - or else require him
to publish proof of his own repudiating my version of events.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

PS. One final observation: perversely, it is very much in Pelan's
business interests to perpetuate rancour within usenet groups because
he owns Horrabin Hall. Thus not only has he caused the ongoing
conflict, but he actually benefits from everyone's misery.

Old April 15th 05, 10:48 PM

You are a pathetic failure, an internet stalker, and likely mentally
ill. Please seek help for your unhealthy obsessions. Your continual
stalking behavior and spamming of non-commercial newsgroups will land
you in a good deal of hot water. Imagine how empty your existence will
be when you can't post your rants on Usenet any longer.

Run along now, no one cares about your sick little fantasies.

Cheers,

John

Old April 15th 05, 10:53 PM
Haunted River

So, you're not prepared to own up to your lie, and you're not prepared
to post evidence to support your claim that you did not lie?

It's just as I predicted - you are condemning abgf to perpetual
rancour. Partly because you are inherently dishonest, partly because
you wish to compel potential customers to subscribe to your moderated &
privately owned Yahoo newsgroup.

Old April 16th 05, 12:04 AM

Sorry, but I don't answer to toads. Your lies and sockpuppetty would
fill a book. Just go away, no one cares about your wild allegations.

Old April 16th 05, 12:52 AM
Haunted River

Forget the toads and the wild allegations. For the long term good of
this group, are you prepared to publicly acknowledge that you lied, or
will you be publishing evidence that you and O'Brien claim is in your
possession which proves your claim to be innocent of the allegation?

We need one or the other to resolve this issue. Come on, stop wasting
everybody's time.

Old April 16th 05, 01:07 AM
Haunted River

I'll go further. If you will publish the emails that Kevin O'Brien
claims to have received from Barry Maulding at ISOMEDIA, I will promise
to leave this group for good, forever.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old April 16th 05, 01:54 AM
John Pelan

On 15 Apr 2005 17:07:18 -0700, "Haunted River"
wrote:

I'll go further. If you will publish the emails that Kevin O'Brien
claims to have received from Barry Maulding at ISOMEDIA, I will promise
to leave this group for good, forever.

http://hauntedriver.co.uk

You promised to leave this newsgroup if you failed to prove that I was
"Deathdream". You failed to prove this, and in fact had it pointed
out to you that the computer used by "Deathdream" was in a different
part of the country, different path, different ISP, and in short could
not possibly have been me. Your latest accusation that I am "Eliza B."
is equally ridiculous, the young lady obviously knows British comedies
that I've never seen and her ISP is based in the UK. Just because you
are fond of playing dress-up and masquerading under a feminine alias
doesn't mean that everyone else shares your kinks.

Not only are you a stupid git, but we all know you to be a cheap
little liar without an iota of credibility, so why should either
O'Brien or anyone else kowtow to your outrageous demands?

Run along flycatcher, your trolling grows tiresome.

Old April 16th 05, 02:13 PM

Haunted River wrote:

I'll go further. If you will publish the emails that Kevin O'Brien
claims to have received from Barry Maulding at ISOMEDIA, I will

promise
to leave this group for good, forever.

LOL!

You've never kept that promise before, so why should anyone believe you
now?

Unlike you, I don't particularly care whether people believe your lies
about me or not, so I see no reason to post private email messages.
You and I both know you're lying; that is enough for me.

Kevin L. O'Brien

Old April 16th 05, 02:27 PM
Haunted River

Everybody trusts Todd T.

I promise to send Todd =A31,000 (one thousand pounds), for him to donate
to a charity of your choice, if you will publish the emails that you
and Kevin O'Brien claim to have received from ISOMEDIA. It's the only
way of clearing up this matter, resolving all the conflict, and handing
the newsgroup back to the general public. Alternatively, you could come
clean and admit in public that you lied about owning stock with your
ISP.

It's your choice. Out of respect for dozens of other people, you must
seize this chance to end the conflict. I have published a genuine email
with the full consent of Barry Maulding, Legal Counsel for Isomedia. If
you also claim to have emails from Mr Maulding, why won't you publish
them? =20

Chris Barker
http://hauntedriver.co.uk

Old April 16th 05, 04:25 PM
John Pelan

On 16 Apr 2005 06:27:52 -0700, "Haunted River"
wrote:

Everybody trusts Todd T.

I promise to send Todd £1,000 (one thousand pounds), for him to donate
to a charity of your choice, if you will publish the emails that you
and Kevin O'Brien claim to have received from ISOMEDIA. It's the only
way of clearing up this matter, resolving all the conflict, and handing
the newsgroup back to the general public. Alternatively, you could come
clean and admit in public that you lied about owning stock with your
ISP.

It's your choice. Out of respect for dozens of other people, you must
seize this chance to end the conflict. I have published a genuine email
with the full consent of Barry Maulding, Legal Counsel for Isomedia. If
you also claim to have emails from Mr Maulding, why won't you publish
them?

Chris Barker
http://hauntedriver.co.uk

I thought that you had promised to leave Usenet if you couldn't prove
that I was "Deathdream"? You are simply a nasty little liar without an
iota of credibility. Now why don't you go back to your comedy forum?
From skimming the posts, it looks like you're getting a solid
ass-kicking there as well.

No one wants your rubbish Barker; not here, not elsewhere; you'd be
best off unplugging the computer or sticking your head in the oven,
whichever seems the most prudent course of action.

Good day,

John