B&M ignores me.

Old November 9th 03, 04:51 AM
Chrysta Wilson

Default B&M ignores me.

I procrastinated (as is my wont) and missed out on the special for the
PCGS gradings for $25 special, so when the next one came along, I went
for it. You got the catalog and choice of a book for $25. I requested my
book (I don't even remember what book now) and promptly received my
catalog. No book. I forgot all about it until Stujoe just mentioned it a
little while ago. I e-mailed Bowers and Merena on 10/28. No response as
yet, so I dropped them another line tonight. On the same night I
remembered having ordered one of the Lord of the Rings coins from the
British mint, and I haven't heard anything about that either. E-mailed
them. Guess what? No response. I feel like I'm shouting into a void or
something!

Just felt like whining a little.

--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old November 9th 03, 06:53 AM
Sam F.

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote...
I procrastinated (as is my wont) and missed out on the special for the
PCGS gradings for $25 special, so when the next one came along, I went
for it. You got the catalog and choice of a book for $25. I requested my
book (I don't even remember what book now) and promptly received my
catalog. No book. I forgot all about it until Stujoe just mentioned it a
little while ago. I e-mailed Bowers and Merena on 10/28. No response as
yet, so I dropped them another line tonight. On the same night I
remembered having ordered one of the Lord of the Rings coins from the
British mint, and I haven't heard anything about that either. E-mailed
them. Guess what? No response. I feel like I'm shouting into a void or
something!

Just felt like whining a little.

--
Chrysta Wilson

Dont be in any hurry!
When I signed up a couple years back, I got the $99 members fee, got the 4
submits, and
the PCGS Grading/counterfiet, whatever the heck name it is.. (cant find it
since I moved, and have torn the place
up a couple times looking for it, and my intel microscope!).
I am pretty sure, it took almost 4 months to get... I had actually given up!

So be patient.. it will show.. or you can really bust their chops!

Sam F.

Old November 9th 03, 02:13 PM
Harv Laser

"Chrysta Wilson" wrote in message
I procrastinated (as is my wont) and missed out on the special for the
PCGS gradings for $25 special, so when the next one came along, I went
for it. You got the catalog and choice of a book for $25. I requested my
book (I don't even remember what book now) and promptly received my
catalog. No book. I forgot all about it until Stujoe just mentioned it a
little while ago. I e-mailed Bowers and Merena on 10/28. No response as
yet, so I dropped them another line tonight. On the same night I
remembered having ordered one of the Lord of the Rings coins from the
British mint, and I haven't heard anything about that either. E-mailed
them. Guess what? No response. I feel like I'm shouting into a void or
something!

Just felt like whining a little.

Would you like some cheese with your whine??.. ..

You're not Ms. Timid.. sometimes sending email is like putting a note in a
bottle and throwing it into the ocean, and one is harder to ignore when
you're on the phone. Call them up and ask where your book is and don't take
any of that "We'll get back to you" crap. If you got the other stuff then
you're in their database and they can just punch in your membership and
it'll come up on a screen.

If the person you're talking to doesn't know, then ask for his or her boss
until you get to someone who does. If you let it drag out for months, it'll
get lost in the cobwebs..

And hey, if you forgot what book it was that you requested and their screen
doesn't show it, maybe you can finesse them into giving you the four free
gradings instead ..

Harv

Old November 9th 03, 06:11 PM
Chrysta Wilson

In article m,
says...

[...]

Sounds like a plan! I think I will give them a few days to respond to my
second, slightly less polite e-mail first before trying this.

--
Chrysta Wilson

My Collection:
http://www.chrystawilson.com
Old November 9th 03, 07:35 PM
Dr. Richard L. Hall

Actually, I like certified letters. At probably the same cost as the phone
call (unless they have an 800 number), it shows the people you're serious
about the problem. And you also have a record that you've tried to resolve
the problem. Works wonders sometimes.

s.com...