Danish Rigsbankskilling stamp (1851, 1853)

Old July 1st 04, 08:24 PM
DROGER Jean-Paul

Default Danish Rigsbankskilling stamp (1851, 1853)

Hello! I have bought a stockbook with plenty of danish stamps, used,
and 4 pages older stamps that are most for my connection!!

I have a little problem to separate the 2 printings from first brown
stamp: the "Fire R.B.S"!!
I have Yvert (never the best), Facit 2003 and a DAKA Handbog (1999)! I
thought I'll find somethin in the DAKA, but not one word about
differencies, but I had found some answers for my questions about
cancelations!!

If some one has better explanations, or better a web address about this
stamp ( in English or German) I'thank him!!

--
Jean-Paul DROGER (enlever "anti." et remplacer "ptt" par "wanadoo" pour
me joindre en perso; remove "anti." and replace "ptt" by "wanadoo" to

Old July 1st 04, 08:25 PM
DROGER Jean-Paul

Dans son message précédent, DROGER Jean-Paul a écrit :
Hello! I have bought a stockbook with plenty of danish stamps, used, and 4
pages older stamps that are most for my connection!!

I have a little problem to separate the 2 printings from first brown stamp:
the "Fire R.B.S"!!
I have Yvert (never the best), Facit 2003 and a DAKA Handbog (1999)! I
thought I'll find somethin in the DAKA, but not one word about differencies,
but I had found some answers for my questions about cancelations!!

If some one has better explanations, or better a web address about this stamp
( in English or German) I'thank him!!

sorry you must read collection and not connection!!

Old July 1st 04, 09:23 PM
amesh \(Mette\)

"DROGER Jean-Paul" skrev i en meddelelse
Dans son message précédent, DROGER Jean-Paul a écrit :
Hello! I have bought a stockbook with plenty of danish stamps, used, and

4
pages older stamps that are most for my connection!!

I have a little problem to separate the 2 printings from first brown

stamp:
the "Fire R.B.S"!!
I have Yvert (never the best), Facit 2003 and a DAKA Handbog (1999)! I
thought I'll find somethin in the DAKA, but not one word about

differencies,
but I had found some answers for my questions about cancelations!!

If some one has better explanations, or better a web address about this

stamp
( in English or German) I'thank him!!

sorry you must read collection and not connection!!

Jean-Paul, if you post your message to the Danish philatelic newsgroup
news:dk.fritid.filateli I am quite sure that someone there can answer you.
Feel free to post in English. I myself don't know enough about these
varieties to give you a proper answer.
--
Ann Mette Heindorff (Mette)
remove usenet. to reply

Old July 2nd 04, 10:08 AM
Chris Doran

DROGER Jean-Paul wrote in message ...
Hello! I have bought a stockbook with plenty of danish stamps, used,
and 4 pages older stamps that are most for my connection!!

I have a little problem to separate the 2 printings from first brown
stamp: the "Fire R.B.S"!!
I have Yvert (never the best), Facit 2003 and a DAKA Handbog (1999)! I
thought I'll find somethin in the DAKA, but not one word about
differencies, but I had found some answers for my questions about
cancelations!!

If some one has better explanations, or better a web address about this
stamp ( in English or German) I'thank him!!

SG Part 11 has 2/3 of a page on this -- too much to retype here.
E-mail me if you'd like a scan.

Chris
Old July 2nd 04, 11:37 AM
RKJ

"DROGER Jean-Paul" wrote in message
Hello! I have bought a stockbook with plenty of danish stamps, used,
and 4 pages older stamps that are most for my connection!!

I have a little problem to separate the 2 printings from first brown
stamp: the "Fire R.B.S"!!
I have Yvert (never the best), Facit 2003 and a DAKA Handbog (1999)! I
thought I'll find somethin in the DAKA, but not one word about
differencies, but I had found some answers for my questions about
cancelations!!

If some one has better explanations, or better a web address about this
stamp ( in English or German) I'thank him!!

OK.. here the deal.

First there are not just 2 prints, but four prints of the 4RBS of 1851.
Important is the orange coloured burelage ... and distinguishing of engraved
and flatpress burelage. The burelage is not the stamp design itself, which
is always flatpress, but the underlying diagonal wavylines.

Print 1 (Ferslew print). 1 april 1851. Chocolade brown shades mostly (rarely
a redbrown shade). Burelage in engraved print (this means that the burelage
ink is sort of raised from the paper, which can quite easily be felt by
running a nail across the stamp. The burelage is always quite visible in
this print. 95% of the cancellations are mute circular "target" cancels.
Also the cancellations seems to catch the burelage mostly.

Print 2. (Thiele I print). March 1852. Darker violet-brown or reddish brown.
Burelage in flatpress (not raised from paper) almost always very weak.
cancellations mostly 3-ring numerals, but mute cancels not uncommon.

Print 3. (Thiele II print). June 1853. Blackish brown (rarely a lighter
reddish brown). Often very bad print, making white letters uneven. Burelage
in flatpress (not raised from paper) almost always very sharp and visible.
95% numeral cancellations.

Print 4. (Thiele III print). March 1854. Many different shades. The lightest
shades of all prints. Burelage in flatpress (not raised from paper). Almost
invisible burelage. 99% numeral cancellations.
a. yellowbrown
b. greyish brown
c. olive brown (slightly greenish tint)
d. chestnut brown (slightly violet tint) (rare)
e. hazelnut brown.(rare)

--
Rene

Old July 3rd 04, 11:37 AM
DROGER Jean-Paul

RKJ a exprimé avec précision :
[...]

thank you very much, I have just understood that the "burelage" was
printed first on the paper and after this the stamps with flat
printing!!

next week I hope have more time and will see the stamps again!!

Old July 4th 04, 01:24 AM
RKJ

"DROGER Jean-Paul" wrote in message

thank you very much,

No problem :-)

I have just understood that the "burelage" was
printed first on the paper and after this the stamps with flat
printing!!

Exactly..

next week I hope have more time and will see the stamps again!!

Have fun :-)
If u get stuck, send me a good scan of your 4RBS stamps, and i?ll try to
figure out the prints.

--
Rene