OZ expert please...Rodney R U There

Old August 29th 04, 01:57 AM
Stamps4ra

Default OZ expert please...Rodney R U There

I have been this route before and still have not received a knowing answer.
Problem stamps: 100th Anniversary of South Australia, issued February 12,
1986. I have looked at these buggers until me eyes are crossed. Incandescent
light, Neon light, Flourescent light, Sunlight and even Flashlight and still
get the same results.
I have a single used copy where tghe background printing is bright emerald
green, no other copies found like this. The other copies I have the background
print is either black, gray green or gray. Do you have a clue why the
difference??

Thanks,

Ralphael the OLD one (Yep, I'm back)
Old August 29th 04, 02:23 AM
Rodney

G'day Raphael,
You flatter me
I have only been collecting for 2 yrs!
Anyhows, I don't have an immediate answer,
I visit the Library weekly, so I'll have a look in
Brusden White on Monday for you.

Rgds
PS Welcome back

Old August 29th 04, 03:24 AM
Rodney

G'day Raphael,

I'll have to take a rain check on Brusden-White,
It may be, our edition at the Library does not extend to'86
I've checked both the gazzillions I have in my stock books
and SG 1993 Brit Comm Spec with no reference.

There are definitely shades in my stock, but under magnification
via scan they all come out grey green.
I'd suggest you have an EFO

What issue do you have of the se-tenant pair?

Old August 29th 04, 08:09 PM
Roger Smith

"Stamps4ra" wrote in message
I have been this route before and still have not received a knowing

answer.
Problem stamps: 100th Anniversary of South Australia, issued February 12,
1986. I have looked at these buggers until me eyes are crossed.

Incandescent
light, Neon light, Flourescent light, Sunlight and even Flashlight and

still
get the same results.
I have a single used copy where tghe background printing is bright

emerald
green, no other copies found like this. The other copies I have the

background
print is either black, gray green or gray. Do you have a clue why the
difference??

Thanks,

Ralphael the OLD one (Yep, I'm back)

I cannot throw any light on this except to note that the 1988 edition of
Brusden-White does not mention any variations, and that on all my copies the
background writing is grey, perhaps with a slight greenish tinge which might
be an optical (contrast) effect.

Unless later editions of the ACSC mentions anything to the contrary, I
wonder if your odd stamp may have been immersed in water or exposed to
light. Are any of the other colours different?

Best regards

Roger

Old August 30th 04, 12:05 AM
Stamps4ra

Yo Rodney,

Many thanks for the response.
As to which issue I have a seten pair; I have no clue here.
I have a mint block of four, a mint seten pair, a used pair and a FDC wityh a
seten pair. Gadzillion used singles.

Thanks again Ralph

Old August 30th 04, 12:09 AM
Stamps4ra

Thanks Roger:

It looks like I will remain mystified by these little devils. I have many
used coipes and found black print as well as grey and grey-green. The Emerald
green one stands out very promiently.

Ralph
Old August 30th 04, 01:54 AM
Rodney

G'day Ralph,
The pair come as ship and Logo
I just wondered which one shows the bright colour.
Roger has saved me a trip to the Library with his response.

I do have emerald green occurences, but I wouldn't call
them bright, and as I say when scanned, show as grey green.

The way I deal with my Aust oddities, is to refer to the
appropriate back edition of the Australian "Stamp News"
A Mr. A.G. Salisbury writes a monthly piece called
"Commonwealth Corner" and he collates the nations
references to fly specks. The amount of detail he goes into
is quite amazing.
If I come across the editions of 1986 I'll have a look for you

Until then, place it in the EFO's

Old August 30th 04, 08:49 AM
Victor Manta

"Stamps4ra" wrote in message
I have been this route before and still have not received a knowing
answer.
Problem stamps: 100th Anniversary of South Australia, issued February 12,
1986. I have looked at these buggers until me eyes are crossed.
Incandescent
light, Neon light, Flourescent light, Sunlight and even Flashlight and
still
get the same results.
I have a single used copy where tghe background printing is bright
emerald
green, no other copies found like this. The other copies I have the
background
print is either black, gray green or gray. Do you have a clue why the
difference??

Thanks,

Ralphael the OLD one (Yep, I'm back)

The whole SNA wishes welcome back to the Windows Clerk # 1!

Victor Manta

Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old August 30th 04, 11:52 AM
Stamps4ra

Thanks Dr Phil;
Not a color variation or missing color at all. The background pirint is
bright emerald green on one stamp.

Ralph