heritageauctiongalleries Has any heard of this Company?? to good tobe true

Old December 19th 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
casdon[_2_]

Default heritageauctiongalleries Has any heard of this Company?? to good tobe true

I was searching Ebay Political Autographs and found this item 4 Lines
in George Washington's Hand as President Item number: 170178164754 For
a $1.00 WHAT???? no signature just he /her word that Geroge Washington
wrote these lines. He/she has various presidential clipped signature
going from $1.00-129.00 ranging from JQA to Franklin Pierce and
Millard Fillmore, and a one from James Monroe starting from a dollar.
I not a expert by any means but these type of autographs( meaning our
early president signing) in this range seems to good to be true. Any
thoughts??. And I'm not trying to slam this company it just seems a
too good. And they charge the following fees.

Minimum Value Maximum Value % Buyer's Premium The Buyer's premium is
a service fee normally charged in live auctions. Winning buyers must
pay an additional amount to the seller based on their bids.
from US $0.00 to US $999.00 22.5%
from US $1,000.00 and above 22.5%

Old December 19th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Nobody would put those signatures without reserve for 1.00 so that's
not even something to look at. As for the fees, that's OUTRAGEOUS

Old December 19th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

many auction houses charge a buyer's premium with their auctions. it's
actually a common practice. it does seem silly and outrageous, but
it's a reality...
in fact, i think ebay is the only large auction house that DOESN'T
charge a buyer's premium.
Old December 19th 07, 05:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
AutographPros.com[_2_]

I put Heritage Auction as one of the top 10 auction houses in the world for
autographs. They have a major authentication process but again, none of
these sites are perfect (except mine ). I've consigned to them in the
past and have never seen them selling any music autographs that looked fake.
For a point of information, I have not consigned to them in a couple years
as a testament that I have no affiliation with them that would lead me to
try to get your $ spent there. I'm just trying to help. If I had to guess,
I'd say this will probably be a live auction, and all ebay bids will act as
absentee bids, and therefore if you bid $1, you'll not stand a chance at any
live auction. My suggestion is if you are truly interested, contact them to
see if you can act as a phone bidder. That way you can participate in the
live auction without placing your ceiling bid and getting shut out without
having another option to bid.

--
Michael Kasmar
www.AutographPros.com

"Have you joined our website emailer yet? If not, go now to
http://www.autographpros.com/newsletter.php and sign up. We have many
exciting things to come there including exclusive sales and discounts, gifts
and free prize give-aways, and updates to our in-person adventures with the
stars."

Old December 19th 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

It wasn't the buyers premium I was alluding to as outrageous, but the
sheet % they were charging. INSANITY

Old December 19th 07, 10:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

casdon wrote:
[...]

I've dealt with them before through their mail auction catalog 5 or 6 years
back. They are quite reputable. I bid on several items, won aq couple of
golden age of Hollywood sigs. As far as the low start bid and no reserve,
I've done the same on eBay in the past on items that I knew would reach a
price I'd be willing to accept. It wasn't autographs though, it was the 1st
Star Trek Hallmark Christmas ornament. A search at the wimt showed they
normally sold for 250-300, had a book value of 450, I paid $17.50+ tax for
it (if memory serves) so I listed it with no minimum, no reserve. I
received several inquiries as to why and posted the explanation in the
auction, basicly saying I have faith in the auction system, if I'm wrong the
winner gets a bargain but the item will sell at the final bid price.

Old December 20th 07, 01:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

"barefoot" wrote in message
many auction houses charge a buyer's premium with their auctions. it's
actually a common practice. it does seem silly and outrageous, but
it's a reality...

This is true, but 22.5% on the hammerfall ??? thats just flat out crazy.

in fact, i think ebay is the only large auction house that DOESN'T
charge a buyer's premium.

Im think ebay more than makes up on this in the plethora of charges it
pushes on to the sellers

Old December 20th 07, 06:31 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

many auction houses charge 10-20% for a buyer's premium.
ebay will probably implement this in the future to entice more
stockholders.