The Hobbit

Old April 2nd 08, 08:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default The Hobbit

Anyone know when they'll start this? I know Peter Jackson is back
IN... so that's making me very happy.

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf the
Wizard in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, is hoping to reprise the
role in another tale from Middle Earth.

Ian McKellen told fans that he would like to play the role of Gandolf
in "The Hobbit."

A fan asked McKellen on the actor's official Web site if he would
play the role of Gandalf in "The Hobbit," which is being produced by
Peter Jackson, director of the "Rings" trilogy.

"Yes, I will, if Peter Jackson and I have anything to do with it, he
being the producer and me being, on the whole, a very lucky actor,"
McKellen, 68, said in a reply dated Wednesday.

Jackson reached a deal with New Line Cinema late last year to make two
films of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned prequel to the
blockbuster "Rings" trilogy. Jackson will serve as executive producer
for the "The Hobbit" movies.

Another fan asked: "Have you been approached yet by Peter Jackson or
anyone else" to play the ancient Wizard?"

McKellen replied: "Encouragingly, Peter and (partner) Fran Walsh have
told me they couldn't imagine `The Hobbit' without their original
Gandalf."

Old April 2nd 08, 09:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

Sue H wrote:
[...]

Though I can't say when it'll start filming there was a link about the JLA
movie that mentions (briefly, at the end) it will be shot in New Zealand.

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/13/27413.php

I'm trying to find confirmation that the project is still a go since a few
weeks back the Tolkien estate filed suit against New Line saying they
haven't been paid their royalties for the first 3 movies.

Best,
Bill

Old April 2nd 08, 09:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I am really looking forward to the film... so hope they settle that
soon. I'd love them to use some of the same people if they can
(anyone who might overlap).

Old April 3rd 08, 06:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

they are just saying they haven't been paid their PROPER
royalties..people are saying that the movies brought in about 2
billion dollars plus the properties (toys, card games, video games,
tie ins)...funny thing though, they've already sold the rights to the
hobbit...so they have no choice.
mike

hobbit money mail master Coins 5 June 6th 04 05:05 AM
Tolkien The Hobbit 50th Anniversary gold edition, Signed Val St. Lambert pink/mauve swirl dish, Petrus Regout footed Pacha bowl, and more...... Danny Ross General 0 November 15th 03 07:30 PM