Sue....

Old March 24th 08, 04:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

Default Sue....

Sign4Me wrote:
I just checked and they are NOT a UACC Registered Dealer, they are
just a paid member of the UACC which everyone and anyone can do.

"barefoot" wrote in message
well, then they should fire you too...
and i don't see where ebay uses you...

just because you are a registered dealer with uacc means NOTHING...
i bet if i actually send your stuff to autograph world, you won't be
a registered dealer for long (isn't he still on the board over
there?) keep touting all your sources of companies that no one has ever
hard
of EVER...please...it actually detracts from your argument...

i think we've (other people on this board) have pretty much been
nailing you on the head with your stuff...but you keep plugging
away...that grave is getting deeper!

Just to keep things straight, medieval never claimed to be a UACC registered
dealer, that was added in barefoots post. Medievals original statement was,
"-We are proud members of the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC)
...."

And yes anyone can be a member, however remaining a member is difficult if
you deal dishonestly with UACC members. Contrary to what seems to be a
popular belief the UACC can't help you with a complaint against a member
unless you're a member also. This only makes sense, they aren't a legal
system or the police, they have no influence over nonmembers.

Best,
Bill

Old March 24th 08, 05:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

yeah sorry...my mistake. uacc is the uacc...lots of people are
members..but why be a member if you're not going to uphold the uacc
guidelines or regualtions.

by the way, i would LOVE to be totally wrong about this guy...but the
simple fact of the matter is, is that i am not...i would totally love
to rally around the people doing it right...but instead of addressing
the accusations, he chooses to try and discredit me...and i'm all for
that...but when the truth comes out and other people see it like i see
it...he's going to have a hard time discrediting EVERYONE!

Old March 24th 08, 06:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Thanks for checking that. I thought that it didn't read right
either when I read the previous message. I thought Strickler said
that he was a member only. That is a very common misconception
about a member and a registered dealer.

--

Mike
Gummby3

"Bill Plenge" wrote in message
Sign4Me wrote:
Just to keep things straight, medieval never claimed to be a
UACC registered
dealer, that was added in barefoots post. Medievals original
statement was,
"-We are proud members of the Universal Autograph Collectors
Club (UACC)
..."

Old March 24th 08, 03:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Is it Star Wars is "special" to her or she's "embarrassed" by it? I
noticed how quickly she did "other types" of films and how she doesn't
even talk about it on shows (they never bring that up and like some
actors, that would be a standard thing to mention). I just saw her in
Mr. Magorium's Magic Emporium and my husband hates her (he can't stand
her and Nicole Kidman for some reason). I personally don't care for
her much either and only like her for my collection and that's all...
she won't even consider a signing.

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 17:25:56 -0700 (PDT), barefoot
wrote:

yes sue, neeson signed SOME star wars stuff at the new york premiere
of the last star wars movie...haven't heard of him doing that
since...he's since backed away from all bat man items and may have
stopped with his non star wars stance...

but portman hasn't...she still insists that star wars is something
special and continues to not sign that stuff (she really doesn't sign
at all, but she has been willing in the past- but star wars is a
definate NO) and this guy has 5 or more.

and like i said, it's funny how his stuff doesn't compare to ANY other
dealers or even in person folk who just collect.

Old March 24th 08, 04:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I am guessing that's a good question to discuss... why be a member of
the UACC if you are not going to abide by their code/mantra or
whatever. I would assume that when you join, you take an oath of
sorts (at least agree somewhere to follow); however it's up to the
organization to make sure their members are kosher. Applicants should
go through a screening process and then after, they should
occasionally police their members. Otherwise, what are you paying for
other than the privledge of having a name attached to legally sell
forgeries etc? I am sure a lot of forgers squeaked by or at least try
to. It's obvious the entity probably started somewhere with two
people starting a group (like any two of us) and had ideas. Just like
the owners of this newsgroup... where are they? What's the history?
I haven't looked but hopefully they have an archive somewhere; a file
cabinet with all their stuff. One day who knows, could grow to be
like Masons, Elks, or any other type organization where history will
be important (for staying power, longevity and documentation will be
needed).

But they aren't big enough (probably just a few guys running it?
Maybe even one or two?) to police everything. You do need to do what
my hubby had to do for his job... it's called QAE or Quality Assurance
Evaluations. You spot check say quarterly x amount of people to spot
check and then give them warnings etc as needed.

Old March 24th 08, 04:05 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

IS there a designation fo dealer compared to member? In another
words, is there a letter or different sort of number or something that
we can know who is a dealer versus just a member?

Old March 24th 08, 04:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
mike@\(REMOVETHISPART\)AutographPros.com

There are less than 300 UACC Registered Dealers in the world and these
companies are held to the highest standards, ESPECIALLY when it comes to
authenticity. Each organization had to have been a member of the UACC
iteself for years and then have references to be even considered. Each
member gets their own unique RD #, and a link on the UACC Registered Dealers
page. It's widely recognized as the most trusted group of dealers in the
world. It's far from just a 'pay for membership' organization like all the
rest.

--
Michael Kasmar
www.AutographPros.com

"Have you joined our emailer yet? If not, please do so immediately by going
to http://www.autographpros.com/newsletter.php

Old March 24th 08, 06:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

i was gonna say....it's my understanding that to be a UACC registered
dealer is DIFFICULT...they are highly motivated on their dealers and
spend time looking up a lot of evaluations on the dealers that even
try to become registered. meanwhile, the regular members aren't
supposed to be dealers i think they are supposed to just be members
and get all the info on dealers and other members as need be. there is
definately a distinction as you can say you are a member, but as a
registered dealer you have an id # and your business is made public
within the business.. but if you claim to be a registered dealer and
are only a member, you can get the boot.

i imagine this is all kind of common sense.. i don't know though.
if anyone wants to start a conv. about the UACC, let's start a new
thread.
sue, did you pull strickler off your sites?
Old March 24th 08, 08:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

So a RD is the dealer designation and any other numbers reported
would not be valid? So, I imagine then the UACC would allow anyone,
member or not to confirm a dealer ID and a RD number match with what's
in their database? I have heard that some people claim to be dealers
and members of UACC but aren't...

Actually, i have emailed them only a couple times ever and found them
to be the most helpful people ever. SO I am assuming that since I am
not a member, they still offer some assistance.

As for pulling them, not yet. I am soooo far behind on everything. I
was trying to catch up on emails too and have been unable to even do
that today as I get them as fast as I delete them. Granted, a lot are
spam and freecycle and group messages, but I managed to get down to
like 20 messages and a couple I don't want to deal with right now....
so this week I'll TRY to catch up. But I am out most of the day
tomorrow and Thursday I'll be gone half the day for dinner and a
concert (America/Christopher Cross). I didn't even send out my Easter
cards and feel guilty. Oh well, I am trying! But I'll be checking
all the dealer links on my site... and some may disappear. We shall
see.

Old March 24th 08, 08:16 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

If I understand it correctly, if you are a member, it's basically
like joining a Yahoo message group. You get to see/read what's
going on within the group, etc. A registered dealer pays for the
privilege of that status. To use the club's name/unique serial
number, they are bound by some sort of "contract" that they will
follow the guidelines established by the club and are held to a
higher level. In a way, it does sound like the Masons. If I am
mistaken, someone please clarify.