forgery alert

Old January 4th 08, 07:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default forgery alert

this was emailed me by a friend who wanted to bid on it: Do NOT bid
on this lot. They are FORGERIES. Every card is bad

Click he RARE STAR WARS SIGNED ORIGINAL 1977 COLLECTORS CARDS on
eBay, also Vintage 1977-89, Star Wars, Action Figures, Toy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Furthermore, I'd not buy anything from this seller at all; not even
NON autographs as there are complaints on two places on the net (one
won't refund, one saying that he gave a copy of a CD or something ...
not the legit CD but a bootleg).

In addition, he emailed my friend and outright LIED to him about where
he got the graphs. He said Kenny Baker gave them to him. LIAR. No
way would that happen for many reasons. 1) he's a dealer not a
collector 2) Kenny doesn't do that especially with Alec Guinness,
Harrison Ford sigs 3) they are outright forgeries; obvious to anyone
who knows these sigs at all.

If he did not lie, it could be Kenny Baker gave him the UNSIGNED cards
and he happened to sign them himself (in case he's playing a game of
semantics). In that case, the forgery is even more agregious.

He is going on my watch list.

Old January 4th 08, 08:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

Sue H wrote:
[...]

His feedback is interesting, in May and July he had negs for fake
autographs, he responded to one saying he cannot verify autographs and they
were sold "as-is", unfortunately the item listing isn't available.

Best,
Bill

Old January 4th 08, 08:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Wow; that may be the first time I've ever heard of one with fake
graphs. Usually people don't own up to buying them.

Old January 4th 08, 09:40 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

crazy. it's actually sad...you would think that someone who wanted to
deal in this type of stuff would at least OWN A SCANNER!
oh well, what i can tell, i wouldn't buy this stuff.

Old January 4th 08, 10:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"barefoot" wrote in message
crazy. it's actually sad...you would think that someone who wanted to
deal in this type of stuff would at least OWN A SCANNER!
oh well, what i can tell, i wouldn't buy this stuff.

It amazes me too, when I see an ebay listing of a signed photo and the
picture of the item is taken with a camera and you cant even see the sig.

My scanner is only A4 and a lot of the signed Items im getting in person at
the moment are 12x16 so I cant scan them, maybe an upgrade is needed.

Old January 5th 08, 08:41 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

is it just me, or do they all look to be signed in the same pen ????

MrB

--

ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996

Old January 5th 08, 02:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Yeah; that too.