Ebay Alternative

Old November 1st 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bestworldauction.com

Default Ebay Alternative

Try http://www.bestworldauction.com to BUY and SELL all your items.

It's a new Auction Site That is Free.
It's free to list
No final Value fees
Free Store Fronts!

Please tell your friends about it. Help it grow.

Old November 1st 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

all of a couple dozen listings. come back when you have a couple
thousand coin listings.

Old November 2nd 06, 04:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
?????

Perterson,

If you took that attitude with Ebay no one would have listed there.
Competition it good for bring fees down. Hope it takes off. Guess your just
sorry because you couldn't do it first.

Old November 2nd 06, 02:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006 22:23:23 -0500, ????? wrote:
Perterson,

If you took that attitude with Ebay no one would have listed there.
Competition it good for bring fees down. Hope it takes off. Guess your just
sorry because you couldn't do it first.

Actually, it's about 10 years too late, maybe more. Even Yahoo is
having limited success taking on eBay. The key to success is to come up
with a niche that eBay doesn't do, or doesn't do well.
Old November 2nd 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu

? ?????? ??? ??????
ups.com...
all of a couple dozen listings. come back when you have a couple
thousand coin listings.

Hmmmm...how many clients Bill Gates had when he first entered the market?...
Everybody has to start from somewhere.

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/golanule/my_photos
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old November 2nd 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ira

gogu wrote:
? ?????? ??? ??????
ups.com...
all of a couple dozen listings. come back when you have a couple
thousand coin listings.

Hmmmm...how many clients Bill Gates had when he first entered the market?...
Everybody has to start from somewhere.

--

Bill Gates had millions of customers when he introduced his graphical
user interface. This was a massive mprovement to the arcane line

As far as this new auction company, if you really had an item you truly
wished to sell, would you list it there just because it was free? I
wouldn't. Wouldn't use Yahoo auctions either. Neither has the massive
exposure of eBay, even with ieBay's high fees and other issues.

Too little too late. That's hpw I see it. Maybe if Microsoft opened an
auction site with MASSIVE advertising they might give eBay a run for
the money, but this peanut auction company? Not a chance in Hell of
making it.

Ira

Old November 2nd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu

? "Ira" ?????? ??? ??????
ps.com...

gogu wrote:
? ?????? ??? ??????
ups.com...
all of a couple dozen listings. come back when you have a couple
thousand coin listings.

Hmmmm...how many clients Bill Gates had when he first entered the
market?...
Everybody has to start from somewhere.

Bill Gates had millions of customers when he introduced his graphical
user interface. This was a massive mprovement to the arcane line
command system.

I was referring to the garage days Ira;-)
But even in your example, before he had "millions of customers" there was a
day that he had his *first* customer and in that day he was in the same
place as anybody starting a business!
Nobody is born with millions of clients, we all start with a couple a
customers and if our product is good then we gain success...

As far as this new auction company, if you really had an item you truly
wished to sell, would you list it there just because it was free? I
wouldn't. Wouldn't use Yahoo auctions either. Neither has the massive
exposure of eBay, even with ieBay's high fees and other issues.

Ira, I haven't even look at the site, neither I evaluated it.
I just wanted to point out that we all start at zero and evolve!

Too little too late. That's hpw I see it. Maybe if Microsoft opened an
auction site with MASSIVE advertising they might give eBay a run for
the money, but this peanut auction company? Not a chance in Hell of
making it.

Well, if you ask my opinion, I say that if someone with *really* much money
would like to open such a site, I believe he would cause problems to eBay
some time in the future...
I see it much like the Intel and AMD thing: for years AMD was the "poor
relative" compared to Intel but it came the time when AMD has a quite nice
share of the processors market...
Perseverance and a good, competitive product is the secret of the game
IMHO...

rgrds

Old November 3rd 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Seymour

gogu wrote:
Nobody is born with millions of clients, we all start with a couple a
customers and if our product is good then we gain success...

Not in the auction business. Because the sellers want to maximize their
returns, the market leader will quickly pull ahead and become a
near-monopoly. Conversely, second place will naturally fall to become a
distant second.

--
Jim Seymour
Old November 3rd 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Sibirskmoneta

I know someone who created an auction site in Britain with high hopes of
attracting advertisers etc. There were a few of us that put stuff up for
sale on there, lost money on the stuff that sold and quickly moved on.
Sorry to say but eBay dominates unfortunately and startups like yahoo
auctions and amazon etc not to mention all the other mini startups have
fallen to the side.

Old November 3rd 06, 02:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

"Jim Seymour" wrote in message
gogu wrote:
Nobody is born with millions of clients, we all start with a couple a
customers and if our product is good then we gain success...

Not in the auction business. Because the sellers want to maximize their
returns, the market leader will quickly pull ahead and become a
near-monopoly. Conversely, second place will naturally fall to become a
distant second.

--
Jim Seymour

This has got to be the umpteenth try at a new auction site being posted on
here.
I'll get my 8-Ball out and see what it thinks--
Will this new auction site be as big and sucessful as E-bay?
'NO'
Will there be yet another new auction site posted about on R.C.C. in the
future?
'YES'
Have any of the previously new auction sites posted about on R.C.C. become
wildly sucessful like that You-Tube site was?
'NO'
Well then have they become as sucessful as MOO-BID?
'HUH?WHAT IS MOO-BID?'
Ok 8-Ball--here's the link--
http://www.moobid.com/
'I DON'T HAVE ANY FINGERS TO CLICK THE LINK SO I CAN'T GIVE YOU AN ANSWER
DUMMY!'
Trust me 8-Ball--you'll see more traffic going to a coin show in Las Vegas
where they charge $15 admission.

Will oly elongate another MS70 2003 Lincoln cent?
'NO'
oops sorry wrong thread!
;-)