DVD questions...

Old August 18th 06, 03:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default DVD questions...

Off topic (not much is going on here anyway, so maybe you all won't
mind a question ... it's sort of related to autographs).

I have had tremendous results with screen captures from store bought
DVD's. No problems. Now, I just taped a documentary on Tivo. I
transfer the Tivo documentary to DVD but when I load the DVD to the
DVD player on my PC and try to use my program (Cyberlink) to make the
screen captures, the images are coming out squashed... in other words.
the images is compacted from horizontal to vertical (making everyone
look long and skinny). Any ideas what would be causing this?
Old August 18th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Marko Senli

If you load the movie in fullscreen, use your right mousebutton and see if
you got "pan&scan" turned on or off. Further check if you have "keep aspect
ratio" turned on.

Old August 18th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks; didn't help; was full version... and I don't see a keep aspect
ration ...

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 05:10:06 +0200, "Marko Senli"
wrote:

If you load the movie in fullscreen, use your right mousebutton and see if
you got "pan&scan" turned on or off. Further check if you have "keep aspect
ratio" turned on.

.. .

Old August 19th 06, 11:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Robert de Ridder

The Video is widescreen, but that fact isn't copied in the file. So the
program assumes the ratio is 4:3, when it should be 16:9.
There's probably little you can do about this other than change the size in
a editing program.

"Sue H" schreef in bericht

Old August 21st 06, 03:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Thanks; I have no clue about that, but It makes sense ... so I'll look
for a program (anyone know one that can do this that's free to
download?).

Old August 21st 06, 04:27 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Robert de Ridder

Basically any program that can resize a picture will do. You don't have any
installed?
Just multiply the horizontal resolution by 1.33 and leave the vertical
unchanged and you should get the proper size.

"Sue H" schreef in bericht

wrote:

The Video is widescreen, but that fact isn't copied in the file. So the
program assumes the ratio is 4:3, when it should be 16:9.
There's probably little you can do about this other than change the size
in
a editing program.

"Sue H" schreef in bericht
. ..

Old August 21st 06, 05:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Marko Senli

Sue are you sure that you did what i said, cause im pretty confident that
you can alter the screensize in PowerDVD. Just startup your movie in
fullscreen, then click on your right mousebutton and you will get a list of
options. You will see a list which says:

- Keep aspect ratio
- CLPV
- pan&scan
- digital zoom

Just play with these settings a bit and i think it'll work out.

ps. this works only if you are in fullscreen mode.

ll.nl...

Old August 23rd 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Ok, I found the keep ratio aspect and it wasn't checked. I'll record
another one (didn't save my last disk) and see if that helps. Thanks
Marko!

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:50:59 +0200, "Marko Senli"
wrote:

Sue are you sure that you did what i said, cause im pretty confident that
you can alter the screensize in PowerDVD. Just startup your movie in
fullscreen, then click on your right mousebutton and you will get a list of
options. You will see a list which says:

- Keep aspect ratio
- CLPV
- pan&scan
- digital zoom

Just play with these settings a bit and i think it'll work out.

ps. this works only if you are in fullscreen mode.

all.nl...

wrote:

[...]

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Posting to rec.collecting.sport.* Hierarchy (including rec.collecting.cards.non-sports!) P.A.Bines Cards:- non-sport 0 January 14th 06 08:28 PM
Answers to Frequently Asked 8 Track Questions DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 0 June 20th 05 03:44 AM
Quiz Questions... Bruce Greenblatt Coins 9 June 9th 05 03:06 PM
Questions, questions... gogu Coins 15 April 16th 05 03:56 PM
Stupid Questions... Chris Mitchell Coins 12 November 27th 04 01:00 PM