2010 Lincoln Cents

Old June 1st 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
james durham

Default 2010 Lincoln Cents

congrats on the wheats and war nickel. i have a few of them as far as
finding wheats in change it never happens here much but i did find a
bank that saves them for me

Old June 2nd 10, 10:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Farmer Dave

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 06:25:32 -0700 (PDT), Jud
wrote:

On May 31, 9:13*pm, oly wrote:

2010 cents are very very common here in the Springpatch/ Peoria/
Chambana triangle. *There is no reason to save them to the same degree
as the 2009 cents, since they're going to be made all year in the same
design.

oly

Here we are, almost half past 2010, and the only coins from 2009 and
2010 that I have found in circulation so far are one Guam quarter and
one Virgin Islands quarter. The only coins available from the bank
have been the Presidential dollars, and in whatever quantity you want.
I have however gotten 3 wheat cents and a silver war nickel in change
in the last week.

Jud -Still checks change-

here in Pennsylvania I have been able to get rolls of most of the new
releases (except 2009 & 2010 nickels and dimes) from the local banks,
I am limited to just a few rolls of each usually, but sometimes my
favorite teller will have a sealed box of pennies for me!

Dave
Old June 2nd 10, 03:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
George[_2_]

Jud wrote:
On May 28, 10:24 am, oly wrote:
On May 28, 7:45 am, Jerry Dennis wrote:

On May 27, 11:36 pm, ) wrote:
In article , Jud wrote:On May 27, 11:04=A0pm, "Chuck Miller" wrote:
All in all it was a great coin trip. I picked up some great war nicks MS6=
5 &
66 with full steps at a coin shop there.
Speaking of war nicks, I got a 1943-P in change last week. Not bad!
Last war nick in change was about 10 years ago.
Jud -Remembers war nicks, Walkers, Franklins, Liberty dimes, wheaties,
and occasional SLQ in change-
and lots of indians in pre '58 bags. i would get 40-60 usually pretty worn
indians in each bag of wheats i searched. got the occasional cn and one
flyer.
i still have about half a bag of inians from roll searches.
sure was a different universe.
I was going to say, back in the 50s (when I was a single-digiter) I
remember receiving coins from Jud's list plus IHCs, buffalo nickels, a
single flying eagle cent in about 1957/8 or so (this 5/6 y/o thought
it was a fake back then), and even the occasional worn slick Barber.
If I'd only known then what I know now.
Jerry- Hide quoted text -

"If I'd only known then what I know now."

Very frankly, I can't begin on that one - from a certain standpoint, I
would be better off if I had simpy kept every U.S. 90% silver coin
that passed through my hands. Yes, I usually traded that junk U.S.
silver for some better numismatic coins that brought (and still bring)
great pride of ownership. But with common U.S. silver coin at 12
times face or more...

It boggles the mind how little one paper dollar buys today.

oly

I have a simple 'geezer' test. Only one question.

1) Have you ever spent a silver dollar for face value?

I have, and therefore I am.

Jud -Older and Wiser Now-

I bought 25 of them at the bank at $1.00 each for my in-laws 25th
wedding anniversary so I guess that is close to the same as spending them.

George

PS my mother in law is still alive and kicking. In fact she is driving
to our house in a couple of hours.

--
Government is a voracious monster that must have your labor to control
YOU! Your money is your liberty. The taxes you pay gently enslave you,
Old June 3rd 10, 04:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On May 31, 6:19 am, Jud wrote:

I have a simple 'geezer' test. Only one question.

1) Have you ever spent a silver dollar for face value?

I have, and therefore I am.

To which I now reply:

Oh, YES! Back in the 50s, Grandma Dennis used to give us
grandsons
Morgans and Peace Dollars when we went to visit, and we couldn't
wait to
run to the mom & pop five and dime store down the block to spend
them.
Not just once, but many times.

Jerry
I prefer "codger."
Old June 3rd 10, 07:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Jun 2, 11:42*pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

* * I prefer "codger."

I have progressed from geezer to codger myself. Soon I hope to become
a 'curmudgeon'.

Old June 3rd 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Jud wrote:
On Jun 2, 11:42 pm, Jerry Dennis wrote:

I prefer "codger."

I have progressed from geezer to codger myself. Soon I hope to become
a 'curmudgeon'.

I give lessons, cheap.

James the Old Crank

2010 News: Kobe Bryant new shoes for the 2009-2010 NBA Season aderzhang Basketball 0 January 9th 10 11:55 AM
2010 Lincoln Penny - Cent Substitute Gets Nod - American Veterans Disabled Designs Arizona Coin Collector Coins 5 June 4th 09 12:49 AM
FA: Nice Certified High Grade Indian Cents, Errors, and Lincoln Cents dmzcompute Coins 0 March 23rd 05 07:54 PM
FS: Lincoln Cents George D Coins 3 March 27th 04 03:50 PM
What Is It About Lincoln Cents From The Sixties? MIckey Coins 6 September 11th 03 12:22 AM