2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars Football

Old January 16th 05, 11:35 AM
David Glenn Misner

Default 2000 Leaf Rookies and Stars Football

What are peoples thought on this set? Is the cards 301 and up Rookie
Cards?? I think Beckett lists these as XRC? They seem to sell for
less than the 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars.

Old January 18th 05, 05:16 AM
Rattlehead

David Glenn Misner wrote:
What are peoples thought on this set? Is the cards 301 and up Rookie
Cards?? I think Beckett lists these as XRC? They seem to sell for
less than the 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars.

They were redemptions for draft picks of the 2001 draft class. They are
more rare than the the 2001 counterparts, but didn't go over well in the
hobby... Think 2002-03 Finest Basketball...

L8r,
Rattlehead
Old January 19th 05, 08:51 AM
David Glenn Misner

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:16:35 -0800, Rattlehead
wroth:

David Glenn Misner wrote:
What are peoples thought on this set? Is the cards 301 and up Rookie
Cards?? I think Beckett lists these as XRC? They seem to sell for
less than the 2001 Leaf Rookies and Stars.

They were redemptions for draft picks of the 2001 draft class. They are
more rare than the the 2001 counterparts, but didn't go over well in the
hobby... Think 2002-03 Finest Basketball...

I am not sure why they did not catch on. I think it is the fact that
Beckett did not call them rookie cards. I believe they have finally
designated them as XRCs but I think that was too late. I would have
assumed that people would be buying up the first cards of Michael Vick
and Drew Brees but I guess I was wrong