A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rockola 442,443

Old November 20th 17, 12:00 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Nov 2017
Default Rockola 442,443

Hi new to the group. I have had this rockola 442 443 a long time and had it perfect but let it sit about 2 years in my heated and humidity controlled garage. 1st off everything works and plays except now the A side records do not index. The coin goes in the library picks the record tabs and the count works the B side works perfectly the A side wont move. I have the proper manual and Im a ok mechanic but sometimes it looses me! I have re-cleaned all the proper contacts and used contact cleaner too. I have ckd the micro switches but I cant seem to get power to the inside or "A" sode of the write in selector. Once I play a few "B" sides the magazine wont stop running either. I cked all the relays and cleaned the contacts. Where do I start? Tkx Jim F
Ads
Old November 20th 17, 05:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

Default Rockola 442,443

On 2017/11/19 3:00 PM, Rufcar wrote:
Hi new to the group. I have had this rockola 442 443 a long time and had
it perfect but let it sit about 2 years in my heated and humidity
controlled garage. 1st off everything works and plays except now the A
side records do not index. The coin goes in the library picks the record
tabs and the count works the B side works perfectly the A side wont
move. I have the proper manual and Im a ok mechanic but sometimes it
looses me! I have re-cleaned all the proper contacts and used contact
cleaner too. I have ckd the micro switches but I cant seem to get power
to the inside or "A" sode of the write in selector. Once I play a few
"B" sides the magazine wont stop running either. I cked all the relays
and cleaned the contacts. Where do I start? Tkx Jim F

Hi Jim,

Based on your description I would be checking the A Side readout
circuitry. Broken wire to the wiper, problem with the wiper ring, etc.
The original manual had a good troubleshooting guide for readout issues
- follow that guide!

Assuming you have a complete manual that is.

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Old November 20th 17, 04:55 PM

I have the repo manual but it does not show any fault repairs. Just runs you through how it all works. I will try and re-clean it all once more but I believe it's more a circuit problem. I'll get back to you tkx. Jim
Old November 20th 17, 09:40 PM

John Robertson, I re-cleaned all contacts. I removed 3 relays took off there covers and cleaned those contacts. Here is what is happening:
I put in a coin make a selection it rotates and always makes the proper selection. The right side selection lever will only read the "B" side of the records of the bottom tab work but never the top tab and once complete it continues to search "rotate" and will not go to the stop position.
In order of problems #1 Wont make top or "a" side plays #2 continues to hunt and will only stop for "B" side play even though "A" side accumulator does work. . #3 once complete it wont stop record carriage continues to turn.
New item only left side speakers work I tried balance and on occasion both will play but turning balance to full right is very muffled to almost nothing turning to the left increases to full left and zero right very quickly. Tkx jim
Old December 4th 17, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufcar View Post
John Robertson, I re-cleaned all contacts. I removed 3 relays took off there covers and cleaned those contacts. Here is what is happening:
I put in a coin make a selection it rotates and always makes the proper selection. The right side selection lever will only read the "B" side of the records of the bottom tab work but never the top tab and once complete it continues to search "rotate" and will not go to the stop position.
In order of problems #1 Wont make top or "a" side plays #2 continues to hunt and will only stop for "B" side play even though "A" side accumulator does work. . #3 once complete it wont stop record carriage continues to turn.
New item only left side speakers work I tried balance and on occasion both will play but turning balance to full right is very muffled to almost nothing turning to the left increases to full left and zero right very quickly. Tkx jim
Was able to get it all correct. There was some thick grease on the switching lever and once cleamed it again shut off. Had to clean all surfaces several times and all plugs. There us a circuit on the amP for the speakers pulled the pin and reset. Now the entire unit works like a charm.