Rockola 460....opinions?

Old October 25th 04, 03:30 AM
Jim Murphy

You are right there. I gathered that anyone on this group is trying to be a
do-it-yourself-er if you know what I mean. I guess I never did know how to
charge people enough or screw them. I always went to the house and charged
$25.00 per hour while I was there and tried to repair the parts they had
etc. No wonder I don't do house calls anymore. I'm not smart enough. Of
course I charge $95.00 hr for my work these days. I doubt if I could get
that for repairing jukes.

"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
I guess when I said that he would have $500.00 wrapped up in getting the
Rock Ola electronics fixed I should have explained that I was including
having someone come out and fix the thing, and also anything else that is
wrong with it. If he gets a tech in his house and says that he doesn't know
what is wrong with it, the tech will probably change the cartridge for
$100.00, "service" the mech for another $200.00, etc.
I knew that just repairing the power supply or amp wouldn't be $500.00 if
he removed it and sent it in to someone for repair, but I certainly didn't
want him buying the juke as a pig in a poke thinking that he was going to
get it running for $100.00.
"Jim Murphy" wrote in message
Answering everybody: Unless the NSM is truly from the 50's it is not for
a novice, period. The Rockola 460 should be a great little box to learn
on. Whoever indicated that a control box would cost $500 must think this
is computer driven which it is not. I have a number of parts for that
vintage machine, some of which I will be auctioning off on eBay soon. I
vote for the Rockola but I agree that $50 - $ 75 is max on it in an
unknown condition. It is worth $500 - $600 in perfect condition and since
it does not work no one knows what has gone south while it was in a
non-heated non-humidity controlled facility and for how long it has been
in there. I have thrown several of these away that had bad cabinets but
have restored several and sold them. I have about 8 jukes in storage that
I haven't seen for about 3 years and will be moving out and there may
even be one of those Rocks in the bunch. I'd gladly take $50.00 for it.
Where did you say you live? That's my $ .02 worth less if you dissagree.

wrote in message
Maybe I will see if she will let the Rock-ola go for about $100-125
since its not working. I would`nt mind having it for the basement. I can
tinker with it. She swears it was just working a month ago before they
moved it. I can still look at getting the Rock-ola comet on ebay. I will
ask the lady, if she does not mind me giving out her phone number, I
will let you know how to get in touch with her about the NSW. She has
the two juke boxes and wants to sell them both!.....Mickey
"Keith Stelter" wrote in message
Was the NSM actually from the 50's?????
There is NOTHING wrong with NSM jukes, especially the older ones.
A non-working Rock Ola is worth $50.00, period.
I can get 70's Rock Ola jukes around here (Michigan) for about $150.00
full of records.
If the Rock Ola isn't working, stay away from it.
You will have $500.00 wrapped up in control box circuit board repairs.
If the NSM is really from the 50's or early 60's and you don't want it,
PLEASE let some of us know how to get it!
I still have the Wurlitzer for sale...

wrote in message
Well....I went to look at a cou[ple jukeboxes, one of which was a NSW.
Everyone says to stay away from them. The other was not 50`s like she
said but a 1975 Rockola 460. It powered on, you could hear the hum,
but no lights and no movement of any kind. She said it was working,
before tyhey stored it. Its in decent shape considering its 30 years
old.I can probably get this for $300.00 or less. Anyone care to
comment if this ids worth picking up?I still want a 50`s era juke, but
if this is cheap enough, I might want to get this for the
basement!.....Mickey

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
100,000 Newsgroups