Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Mothballed Postal Trucks...

Old July 13th 04, 12:28 PM

Default Neither Rain, Nor Sleet, Nor Mothballed Postal Trucks...

I won a BU 1888p Morgan on Ebay last Thanksgiving '03 for $30.
Paid by check, (I didn't insure it) and when the coin hadn't arrived
in Honolulu from W. Virginia by New Years day '04 I sent the seller
an email requesting he check his records. He wrote back and said he
had a receipt that he had sent it First Class in November '03, but since
I didn't insure it there wasn't anything he could do. (He had 100%
positive feedback.) Well, chalk one up to experience, I just let the
feedback die on this one, and made a resolution to insure everything
from then on (I'd been lucky, never had anything lost in the mail ever.)

Today a little bubble mailer showed up with an EF40 1888p Morgan,
and a strange message rubber-stamped on it: (They have a rubber stamp
for this?) Too bizarre, I'll keep the coin as a pocket piece...

(See pic) http://www.ealoha.com/downloads/postal.jpg

Moral of the story: (don't get me started...)

-Ron Buelow

Old July 13th 04, 01:37 PM
Alan Williams

Ron wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Ron! That's priceless!

Alan
'so thst's where my draft board notice went'

Old July 13th 04, 02:08 PM
Scottishmoney

"Alan Williams" wrote in message
Ron wrote:

[...]

There is hope that they will find Jimmy Hoffa in a piece of 1975 era
"supposedly empty" postal equipment.

Did the postal equipt downgrade the coin, or do you think it was that way
when it was sent?

Dave

---

Old July 13th 04, 02:47 PM

"Scottishmoney" wrote in message

There is hope that they will find Jimmy Hoffa in a piece of 1975 era
"supposedly empty" postal equipment.

Did the postal equipt downgrade the coin, or do you think it was that way
when it was sent?

Dave

Coin was previously cleaned, in a unsealed safety flip, bubble mailer was
pristine.
Thought about contacting the seller, but I see the writing on the wall
here...
(I said don't get me started...

-Ron Buelow

Old July 13th 04, 05:20 PM
WinWinscenario

He wrote back and said he
had a receipt that he had sent it First Class in November '03, but since
I didn't insure it there wasn't anything he could do. (He had 100%
positive feedback.)

But doesn't it restore you faith in humanity, just a little bit, to know that
the seller did indeed do what he said he would do, even though it was wrong? I
mean, at least he didn't just rip you off! Isn't it better to know you were
dealing with a putz than a thief?

Regards,
Tom
Old July 13th 04, 05:21 PM
Alan Williams

Stujoe wrote:

Ron spoke thusly...

(They have a rubber stamp
for this?) Too bizarre,

That stamp is too funny! I wonder if they keep it next to their "We
Don't Know Where The Hell Its Been" stamp.

--
Stujoe

In the interest of brevity, and to cut down on costs, perhaps they
should simply buy and distribute a few thousand that bear a single
four-letter word. ;-)

Alan
'oops'
Old July 13th 04, 06:21 PM
Mame

Yeah, and the "Found Proping Up Table Leg" stamp.

I had a christmas card turn up 12months late! When I told the sender that I
had finally received it he said that saved him having to send another one
this year.

Mame

.net...

Old July 13th 04, 07:36 PM
henry mensch

Stujoe wrote:
-That stamp is too funny! I wonder if they keep it next to their "We
-Don't Know Where The Hell Its Been" stamp.

well, no, because they probably can't find that stamp.

--
# henry mensch / san francisco, california
#
Old July 13th 04, 09:46 PM
Richard L. Hall

I got one of those years ago (probably in the mid 70's) when someone sent me
a check for an auction he had won. After waiting a reasonable time and not
receiving the payment, I wrote him and asked if he had sent it. He said he
had. But that letter and his original letter arrived on the same day. The
original had that ("Found in supposedly empty equipment") stamped on it.
Yours is the first I've seen since.

--
Richard
A thought: Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of

My coin Links:
http://www.richlh.com/Coins/MyCoinLinks.htm