Red Cross Marianne?

Old December 11th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default Red Cross Marianne?

Whilst browsing my Scott catalog I found a common design for the 1944
Red Cross issue. The gong rang that this issue would fit nicely in my
Marianne collection because it seems to be a Dulac Marianne.
Thirteen of the ladies that I must add to the Marianne collection,
however, my past efforts to 'collect 'em all' tells me I will never
find all, maybe half at best. Oh well, c'est la vie as my redneck
French tells me.
Also, these need to go in my Joint Issue/Common Design collection
therefore I must but two of each. The only consolation is that two of
each would cost less, waaay less, than the 2008 October/November Joint
Issues,

Ralphael, the OLD one
Old December 11th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

"Ralphael1"
Whilst browsing my Scott catalog I found a common design for the 1944
Red Cross issue. The gong rang that this issue would fit nicely in my
Marianne collection because it seems to be a Dulac Marianne.

Huh? red cross issue, I don't understand.

I love Dulac's work, the Dulac Marianne is my favourite,
but alas, why did he not give her pupils?
Her fixated trance, the only failure on a magic design.
http://cjoint.com/data/mlpfkYhOqM.htm

image courtesy of Mr. Pierre Courtiade (I think)

Old December 11th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Dec 11, 7:57*am, Ralphael1 wrote:
Whilst browsing my Scott catalog I found a common design for the 1944
Red Cross issue. The gong rang that this issue would fit nicely in my
Marianne collection because it seems to be a Dulac Marianne.
Thirteen of the ladies that I must add to the Marianne collection,
however, my past efforts to 'collect 'em all' tells me I will never
find all, maybe half at best. Oh well, c'est la vie as my redneck
French tells me.
Also, these need to go in my Joint Issue/Common Design collection
therefore I must but two of each. The only consolation is that two of
each would cost less, waaay less, than the 2008 October/November Joint
Issues,

Ralphael, the OLD one

Ralph:

That is a regular postage issue NOT a Red Cross issue.
The cross seen upper right is the cross of Lorraine, the
symbol of the Free French in WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_Lorraine
http://www.maganstamps.co.uk/SYff2.jpg
http://www.soleryllach.com/zonaftp/v...9/1328982g.jpg

I believe your confusion arises from the fact that
various TB / Lung Association semi postals and
Charity seals also bear the cross of Lorraine.
(symbol of the TB / Lung Associations and not the Red Cross)

http://www.ab.lung.ca/about_us/cross_lorraine.php

http://medicalstamps.blogspot.com/20...-lorraine.html
http://www.christmasseals.com/ebay/LEBANON.JPG
http://www.christmasseals.com/images/ARG15.JPG

I hope that this helps you.

Blair
Old December 11th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Vella

Referred to as the Red Cross issue because all surtax went to the French
Red Cross and various national relief agencies. This particular stamp
was issued by 14 colonies but not by France proper.

Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.amedialuz.ca/

Old December 11th 08, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Dec 11, 8:23*am, "rodney" wrote:
"Ralphael1"

Whilst browsing my Scott catalog I found a common design for the 1944
Red Cross issue. The gong rang that this issue would fit nicely in my
Marianne collection because it seems to be a Dulac Marianne.

Huh? *red cross issue, I don't understand.

I love Dulac's work, the Dulac Marianne is my favourite,
but alas, why did he not give her pupils?
Her fixated trance, the only failure on a magic design.http://cjoint.com/data/mlpfkYhOqM.htm

image courtesy of Mr. Pierre Courtiade (I think)

Well, I am not 100% sure but the Red Cross issue looks like it has a
Marianne image on it. Check:
B28 Cameroun,
B38 French Equitorial Africa,
B12 French Guinea,
B14 French India,
B13 French Polynesia,
B1 French West Africa,
B12 Guadeloupe, B15 Madagzscar,
B11 Martinique, B13 New Caledonia,
B15 Reunion, B13 St. Pierre & Miquelon,
B13 Somali Coast
I t6hink I have fpound the all escept the French Guinea, French India
and St. Pierre.

RtOo
Old December 11th 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_o...s/1/32/89/1328...

I believe your confusion arises from the fact that
various TB / Lung Association semi postals and
Charity seals also bear the cross of Lorraine.
(symbol of the TB / Lung Associations and not the Red Cross)

http://www.ab.lung.ca/about_us/cross_lorraine.php

http://medicalstamps.blogspot.com/20...ages/ARG15.JPG

I hope that this helps you.

Blair

Red Cross is how they are listed in my catalog. All are semi-postals

RtOo
Old December 11th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

http://www.soleryllach.com/zonaftp/v...s/1/32/89/1328...

http://medicalstamps.blogspot.com/20...a-cross-of-lor...
http://www.christmasseals.com/ebay/LEBANON.JPG
http://www.christmasseals.com/images/ARG15.JPG

I hope that this helps you.

Blair- Hide quoted text -

Bingo, you win the pot.
Now find me the French India, French Guinea and St. Pierre and I will
be forever in debt to you.

RtOo

RtOo
Old December 11th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir Hystrix

Ralphael1 wrote:
On Dec 11, 8:23 am, "rodney" wrote:
"Ralphael1"

[...]

Dear Ralphael1,

I have found several on Delcampe:

French India
http://www.delcampe.net/page/list/ca...anguage,E.html

St. Pierre
http://www.delcampe.net/page/list/ca...anguage,E.html
http://www.delcampe.net/page/list/ca...anguage,E.html

I browsed quickly through this listing as well, didn't see any, but
maybe you have more time.
French Guinea
http://www.delcampe.net/page/list/ca...anguage,E.html

I hope the long links will get through.

Best regards,
Sir Hystrix.
Old December 12th 08, 12:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

On Dec 11, 4:07*pm, Sir Hystrix wrote:
Ralphael1 wrote:
"Ralphael1"

French Indiahttp://www.delcampe.net/page/list/cat,3458,var,Filatelie-Europa-Frank...

St. Pierrehttp://www.delcampe.net/page/list/cat,3490,var,Filatelie-Europa-Frank...http://www.delcampe.net/page/list/ca...e-Europa-Frank...

French Guineahttp://www.delcampe.net/page/list/cat,3452,var,Filatelie-Europa-Frank...

I hope the long links will get through.

Best regards,
Sir Hystrix.- Hide quoted text -

Well, I clicked the links and found nothing about the 1944 Red Cross
issues in question.
I have never used the Dekclampe web site so maybe I missed something.

RtOo
Old December 23rd 08, 05:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
tracknut

On Dec 11, 5:23*am, "rodney" wrote:
"Ralphael1"

I love Dulac's work, the Dulac Marianne is my favourite,
but alas, why did he not give her pupils?
Her fixated trance, the only failure on a magic design.http://cjoint.com/data/mlpfkYhOqM.htm

image courtesy of Mr. Pierre Courtiade (I think)

Actually it was taken from my site at http://www.go-fast.org/marianne/

Between the Mariannes of Dulac and Gandon, I can't chose, but they're
both wonderful designs.

Dave