Sic transit alt.collecting.8-track-tapes.

Old September 23rd 09, 04:42 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Sic transit alt.collecting.8-track-tapes.

From the looks of things, a.c.8-t-t is on the "scrap" list now...as if
any of the servers will get around to dumping it! Looks like Cholly
Noodlez did accomplish what he set out to do...ruin something he got
involved with, yet again. His 66fourdoor account got closed, but he
only came back yet again as 66-catalina, where he's flogging moldy
Korean War-era army surplus junk and a rusted out shotgun shell
reloader stolen out of some abandoned farmhouse...net worth, zero.
From the looks of things, he's skee-daddled out of 8 tracks entirely,
but the damage he did was of a huge magnatude, both to the 8 track
hobby (now nearly dead) and to Usenet.
Old September 23rd 09, 10:22 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Andy

so why dont you post some good stuff like you used to maby you can with
others help bring this group back to life?

--
AL'S COMPUTERS
"DeserTBoB" wrote in message
From the looks of things, a.c.8-t-t is on the "scrap" list now...as if
any of the servers will get around to dumping it! Looks like Cholly
Noodlez did accomplish what he set out to do...ruin something he got
involved with, yet again. His 66fourdoor account got closed, but he
only came back yet again as 66-catalina, where he's flogging moldy
Korean War-era army surplus junk and a rusted out shotgun shell
reloader stolen out of some abandoned farmhouse...net worth, zero.
From the looks of things, he's skee-daddled out of 8 tracks entirely,

Old September 25th 09, 01:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 05:22:32 -0400, "Andy" wrote:

so why dont you post some good stuff like you used to maby you can with
others help bring this group back to life? snip

Hi, Andy...anyone else out there these days?

I have really done all I'm probably ever going to do on 8 track, since
I've abandoned the format entirely and have just kept some of my rare
LPs and have gone all digital. All the crap you've read in here from
Noodlez about "digital is bad" is a bunch of crap...it has its major
advantages over any analog format, period. You record an 8 track onto
a CD, it sounds like an 8 track...period. Your record an LP onto a
CD, it sounds like an LP...period. You listen to a CD of a master
tape, it sounds like the master tape...period. That's all I have to
say on it anymore.

It was fun, when I had a car with a dealer-installed 8 track, to play
with the format, and I made it sound better than I'd ever heard it in
its heyday with top notch maintenance and better amplification and
speaker systems...but that car's gone to someone else now (who STILL
has the 8 track and a lot of my carts) and I've settled on CD plus
cassette for my car, and when that deck goes the way of all Asian
electronics, it'll be CD and HD radio and Sirius. HD radio is
interesting, but has a very limited distance range, just as does
digital TV.

I could carry on the analog-versus-digital argument for months on end,
but I'm quite busy these days, and I'll probably just drop a blurb
here and there. For my postings on when I was really into examining
the format, I guess the only recourse now is to pick the posts up in
Goo Goo Groups.

At least Noodlez found out what time it is and went away. That alone
is a major blessing!
Old October 4th 09, 04:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
news.easynews.com

8-tracks cost dollars now.

Old October 4th 09, 04:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Doc Mailloux

..

"news.easynews.com" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
8-tracks cost dollars now.