origin of coin country

Old February 17th 04, 10:07 PM

Default origin of coin country

I recently picked up an amount of coins from a friend who was in Europe and there were a few coins in the lot from somewhere I am not sure of. The coins have REPUBLIC HRVATSKA written on them. If anyone knows where they are fom drop me a line please. Also concerning Euro coins how do you tell the countries apart. I have identified Netherlands, written on it, and France, RF is written on the coins that I got from St. Pierrre the french colony off Newfoundland.
I have one with what looks like the German Eagle, and some the have IR that I think are from Italy.
Thanks in advance

Doug Miller

Old February 17th 04, 10:32 PM
Padraic Brown

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 22:07:54 GMT,
wrote:

I recently picked up an amount of coins from a friend who was in Europe and there were a few coins in the lot from somewhere I am not sure of. The coins have REPUBLIC HRVATSKA

written on them. If anyone knows where they are fom drop me a line
please. Also concerning Euro coins how do you tell the countries
apart. I have identified Netherlands, written on it, and France, RF is
written on the coins that I got from St. Pierrre the french colony off
Newfoundland.
I have one with what looks like the German Eagle, and some the have IR that I think are from Italy.
Thanks in advance

Three points:

If you post a question here, kindly expect an answer here!
Please set your software to line break!
Please don't post images of your coins he rather, post them to the
web and give us the url. You are also welcome to post images to
alt.pictures.binaries.numismatic (I think that's right!)

HRVATSKA = Croatia.

Doug Miller

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.
Old February 17th 04, 10:39 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply to my question. I am new to this newsgroup stuff
and dont understand what you mean by the points. I got that the mail link
wasnt needed, but what is a line break.
Sorry if any thing I did was wrong. Please be assured it wont happen in the
future.

Doug Miller

Old February 18th 04, 01:07 AM
Christian Feldhaus

Also concerning Euro coins how do you tell the countries apart. I have
identified Netherlands, written on it, and France, RF is written on the
coins that I got from St. Pierrre the french colony off Newfoundland.
I have one with what looks like the German Eagle, and some the
have IR that I think are from Italy.

For practical purposes it does not really matter where a specific euro
coin is from, since all euro circulation coins are legal tender in all
member states. Of course for euro coin collectors the origin of a piece
can be quite important :-)

Some of the pieces have the country name written out, on others it is
abbreviated (RF = République Française, RI = Repubblica Italiana),
others have a "flag" (Austria), and if you see a coin with Greek
characters, you can be pretty sure it is from Greece g. Here are two
"galleries" of all the euro circulation coins:

http://europa.eu.int/euro/dossiers/0.../index-EN.html
http://www.euromuenzeninfo.de/euros/back/backsites.htm

Christian
Old February 18th 04, 02:51 AM
doogiem

tHANK YOU VERY MUCH. i HAVE LOOKED AT BOTH LINKS AND THE FIRST ONE IS
DEFINEATELY THE BETTER OF THE TWO