New buffalo nickels recalled

Old May 26th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default New buffalo nickels recalled

On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:28:46 GMT, "bri" wrote:

A friend of mine that works at our credit union said that the new
buffalo nickels have been recalled because you can see it's sex organs
(It evidently is a bull). Evidently the artist responsible for the
design made it a little to realistic.

If you have any they may be worth something down the road.

Your friend is full of Bull$hit......

Gary

You know I would say about 75% of all of those were hoarded away. Getting
one in change or even in some roll searches is just not happening.
I've seen plenty of the OIV nickels lately and a few Keels and Peace but no
Buffalos. It's getting that way with the SHQ's also--at least it is around
here. If I don't get some on the first day they hit I don't even see
anymore. I do see lots of earlier issues but since about Texas they all get
hoarded away.

I have 4 of them so far.

Old May 26th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 26 May 2006 21:13:22 GMT, Unknown One
wrote:

[...]

I have 12 rolls, but I heard that story like 12 months ago...from all
people, my mother @ 77. vbg

B$
Old May 26th 06, 11:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
. ..
In article t, "bri"

wrote:

"Gary Loveless" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 26 May 2006 19:32:07 GMT, Unknown One
wrote:

[...]

not around here. you can find all the shq's, nickels and bi
centennial coins easily.

I've had no trouble getting them as soon as they get released around here
but then after that I don't see anymore. Like when the Nevada came out--I
know 5 people who have been looking all over town for some more and to date
I was the only person to have found 4 of them at a corner store. The cashier
was real reluctant to give them to me since she said she had many people who
were wanting them if she got any.
Like-- it's just a fad thing here but just about everyone I know has buckets
full of SHQ's.

Old May 27th 06, 12:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:24:58 GMT, "Amistad" wrote:

"Unknown One", in speaking of the new buffalo nickel, stated:
If you have any they may be worth something down the road.

You are absolutely correct. They will be worth a nickel.

Amistad
'staying abreast of the numismatic market'

Or maybe 6 cents with these crazy metal prices.

beekeep

Old May 27th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Unknown One" wrote in message

A friend of mine that works at our credit union said that the new
buffalo nickels have been recalled because you can see it's sex organs
(It evidently is a bull). Evidently the artist responsible for the
design made it a little to realistic.

If you have any they may be worth something down the road.

They made it realistic because it is not a pee-pee it's a 'prepuce tassel'.
If they wanted to put a tally-whacker sticking out you'd for sure have no
doubt that's what it was. The other thing is that it's not a Buffalo it's a
North American Bison.

Old May 27th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Unknown One" wrote in message

A friend of mine that works at our credit union said that the new
buffalo nickels have been recalled because you can see it's sex organs
(It evidently is a bull). Evidently the artist responsible for the
design made it a little to realistic.

Dangling participle here?? Credit unions got sex organs??

Bruce
'Recall? How do we check to see if our nickel has a buffalo without seeing them
organs?'

Old May 27th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
. ..
In article et, "bri"

wrote:

"e" wrote in message
In article t, "bri"

wrote:

[...]

i'm not saving anything below 64 and i still have buckets
full.

This one teller across town who works the drive-thru says she gets a ton of
people who regularly stop by and ask if they got any new SHQ's. And as soon
as they get them in she said they are gone in a few days.
Just a few days back I seen a PCGS MS68 Ohio for sale retail online for $45.
At one time a MS68 Ohio was getting crazy cash--like hundreds of dollars. I
have a picture of one of those somewhere--I saved it because I couldn't
believe what people were paying at the time.
So just think of all the juicy coins they could have gotten instead of
paying way too much early on in the feeding frenzy?
;-0

Old May 27th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 26 May 2006 21:13:22 GMT, Unknown One
wrote:

I have 4 of them so far.

Unfortunately, I have around 2,600 ... no more, thank you |8
Old May 27th 06, 11:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:00:44 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

If you have any they may be worth something down the road.

I don't think so.

I wouldn't be too surprised by 10¢ in 30 years or so.