motor gripper and the magazine motor

Old December 12th 10, 03:02 AM
Funkyboye Funkyboye is offline
Junior Member

Post motor gripper and the magazine motor

i remove both of them ,was wondering if its normal that by hand i cannot turn the gear of both motor, its the 1987 rock ola model 1000
Old December 12th 10, 01:33 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

The gear motors have enough reduction ratio that the only way to ensure it is mechanically operable is to turn the armature shaft protruding through the end of the motor housing. Actuating the motor by turning the gear itself is practically impossible.
Old December 12th 10, 06:13 PM
Funkyboye Funkyboye is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
The gear motors have enough reduction ratio that the only way to ensure it is mechanically operable is to turn the armature shaft protruding through the end of the motor housing. Actuating the motor by turning the gear itself is practically impossible.
Thanks so its normal then, if someone knows where the circuit that power those 2 motor start where, or which fuse its a 1987 kock-ola model 1000 i got all the book but they don't tell which fuse is for what
Old December 12th 10, 11:24 PM
DRebber DRebber is offline
Senior Member

Location: Lubbock, TX

I vaguely remember working on a model 1000 about 12 or 15 years ago or so. However, the system used was similar to their regular 490 series commerical jukes. You probably should see a power supply assembly below the amplifier on the left side of the back wall of the inside of the jukebox. This power supply should house all of the primary setup voltage fuses. I would think that a visual inspection will reveal if one is blown.
Old December 13th 10, 05:18 AM
Funkyboye Funkyboye is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRebber View Post
I vaguely remember working on a model 1000 about 12 or 15 years ago or so. However, the system used was similar to their regular 490 series commerical jukes. You probably should see a power supply assembly below the amplifier on the left side of the back wall of the inside of the jukebox. This power supply should house all of the primary setup voltage fuses. I would think that a visual inspection will reveal if one is blown.
i did check all the fuse in the power supply ,all the fuse were ok i test them, maybe the problem is in the mechanism power board, its a little board and there is relay socket,the fuse is ok,i know that the wire from my 2 motor go there,will call a friend to test those relay for me

Rockola Magazine Drive Motor noise Rob Blakeslee Juke Boxes 3 February 20th 10 04:32 PM
Rock-ola 50298-a Gripper Motor Gear * 1960 1484 parts mailman4 Juke Boxes 0 November 22nd 09 12:33 AM
Gripper motor gear mailman4 Juke Boxes 0 November 19th 09 07:36 AM
Rowe R-83 Magazine Motor chatters after scan joe_x Juke Boxes 6 March 29th 05 09:14 PM
WTB: gripper motor for AMI Continental II mike Juke Boxes 0 September 13th 03 06:09 PM