feedback system

Old November 18th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default feedback system

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in
:

It doesn't but if I get my coin why should I leave a negative because
it was slow?
Aggravating but if I get my coin, that is what I wanted in the first
place and would have bid
even if the auction said wait 30 days which it didn't.
So,.........

Dale

"kathy1945" wrote in message
oups.com...
How does not leaving any feedback penalize somebody? I don't see
where it would even show up. Enlighten me please.

Jim Seymour wrote:
Dale Hallmark wrote:
No Hello no Hi and not signed and no explanation. Well if it
actually is shipped tomorrow and I get my coin in a few days.....
alls well that ends well and I will leave a positive.

In such a case, I would not leave any feedback.

My feedback system is as follows:

Positive = Normal, Successful transaction
No Feedback = Something went wrong, but transaction completed
Neutral = You are an idiot
Negative = I declare war on you and your family

I almost never make it to "Neutral", but I skip feedback for a small
percentage of transactions.

--
Jim Seymour

sounds like a negative rating is jihad!

So, as a seller, I leave positive feedback when paid
in my mind, the buyer has completed their obligation in the transaction
and I belive the buyer deserves this.

Am I being naive by doing this or are other sellers being paranoid by not
leaving feedback until feedback is posted for them.

maxthelab

Old November 18th 06, 09:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

.. .

Jim Seymour wrote:
Dale Hallmark wrote:
[...]

If it were me I'd only leave a positive after I seen the coin in my hand and
it pretty well matched the sellers description. Because what if you leave a
positive before you actually see the coin and it turns out to be something
totally different when you get it?

Old November 18th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 03:56:40 GMT, Jim Seymour wrote:

I, personally, post positive feedback when I receive payment - because I
consider the buyer's obligation complete at that point.

I used to agree.

However, others argue that the transaction is incomplete until the buyer
has received the item and indicated they are happy with it.

Right. I got screwed by a buyer, I think (golf balls, not coins), who
claimed he didn't get the box of 7 golf balls, after I had left positive
feedback (because he paid). So I had to send out another box. The
messages the guy sent weren't all that convincing and I'm pretty sure he
got two boxes for the price of one. I would have left a neg of "package
lost, had to ship a replacement" if I still had the chance but I
couldn't. A neg like that, not a warning sign. 4 or 5? Yeah.

My advice: Do what you're comfortable with - and don't worry too much
about it.

Yup. With "coin people" I haven't had any problems.
Old November 18th 06, 02:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On 18 Nov 2006 13:56:16 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Right. I got screwed by a buyer, I think (golf balls, not coins), who
claimed he didn't get the box of 7 golf balls,

Sheesh. That should read "7 dozen".

ebay sellers that don't leave feedback Dale Hallmark Coins 38 June 5th 06 04:07 AM
Rain Man VHS - 33 listed - 2 sold (eBay) no22nd General 12 January 3rd 06 11:10 AM
Yahoo Seller Feedback poco General 0 December 21st 05 04:38 AM
Feedback Abuse R. White 8 Track Tapes 3 December 12th 05 11:56 PM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 17 May 26th 04 12:09 AM