Wheat Pennies

Old December 20th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

Default Wheat Pennies

"Mike P." wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a couple rolls of wheat pennies .. Where can I sell them ? What
price should I expect to get?
Mike
Reply to

Go buy a cheapie Whitman and fill it up--sheesh you have a whole roll's
worth of a head start fer cryin' out loud!
;-)

Old December 20th 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob and Dee

seems like a lot of grumpyness in usenet today, so i'll just
say have a nice xmas and let it go.

It could be the pressure and stress of the Christmas Season.

It could also be that Bruce was making a point about the foolhardiness of
high postage for such a low value item. Parcel Post rates are based on
weight and distance. I mail frequently to the east coast (I live in
California) and the usual difference between sending Parcel Post and
Priority Mail is under a dollar. Prior to the last couple of rate
increases, it used to be only 5 or 10 cents.

By the time you get a couple of rolls in a box, you're probably better off
using the flat rate packages (either 1 or 2 lb) for Priority Mail. That's
$4.05 or $8.10. You can pack a lot of coin rolls in that 2 lb box and ship
for the 2 lb rate.

Bob

Old December 20th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

"Bob and Dee" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

There's been lots of times when I bought more than one coin just to not get
bashed as hard with shipping costs.
So I'll buy like 10 coins--sometimes I've gotten lucky that way on the toss
in purchases too.
Most places charge not a whole lot more between getting a couple of coins
and a whole hoard of coins. And then there's been times when I decided not
to buy just because of the shipping costs--like I'll be thinking that this
particular coin will never go up that much in my lifetime to even pay for
the shipping costs. It's the same way with sending coins in to be graded.