Snowy RCC?

Old February 7th 10, 02:55 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Snowy RCC?

Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC action
this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day shoveling and
the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50' driveway in the N.
Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk tomorrow. No snow plow yet.
Fifty years ago, this would have brought out the local kids competing to
earn good money. But today most 70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at
least around here, while those local kids relax inside apparently counting
the money and blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Old February 7th 10, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC
action this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day
shoveling and the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50'
driveway in the N. Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk
tomorrow. No snow plow yet. Fifty years ago, this would have brought
out the local kids competing to earn good money. But today most
70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at least around here, while
those local kids relax inside apparently counting the money and
blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Yeah, by cracky, them young whippersnappers don't know the value of a
dollar. Wait, yes they do, which is why they're not knocking on your door.

James the Elderly

Old February 7th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius

Bruce Remick wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC
action this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day
shoveling and the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50'
driveway in the N. Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk
tomorrow. No snow plow yet. Fifty years ago, this would have brought
out the local kids competing to earn good money. But today most
70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at least around here, while
those local kids relax inside apparently counting the money and
blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Yeah, by cracky, them young whippersnappers don't know the value of a dollar.
Wait, yes they do, which is why they're not knocking on your door.

James the Elderly

What's the matter with kids these days?
Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

Old February 7th 10, 03:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Petronius wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC
action this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day
shoveling and the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50'
driveway in the N. Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk
tomorrow. No snow plow yet. Fifty years ago, this would have
brought out the local kids competing to earn good money. But today
most 70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at least around here,
while those local kids relax inside apparently counting the money
and blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Yeah, by cracky, them young whippersnappers don't know the value of
a dollar. Wait, yes they do, which is why they're not knocking on
your door. James the Elderly

What's the matter with kids these days?
Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

You must have run with a different crowd than I. We were a bunch of
snotnosed, foulmouthed little *******s. It's a wonder any of us survived
into adulthood.

James the Derelict

Old February 7th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC
action this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day
shoveling and the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50'
driveway in the N. Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk
tomorrow. No snow plow yet. Fifty years ago, this would have brought
out the local kids competing to earn good money. But today most
70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at least around here, while
those local kids relax inside apparently counting the money and
blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Yeah, by cracky, them young whippersnappers don't know the value of a
dollar. Wait, yes they do, which is why they're not knocking on your
door.

James the Elderly

More than a few DON'T know the value of a dollar because they grow with
little appreciation of having to work for one.

Old February 7th 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "Petronius" wrote:

Bruce Remick wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC
action this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day
shoveling and the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50'
driveway in the N. Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk
tomorrow. No snow plow yet. Fifty years ago, this would have brought
out the local kids competing to earn good money. But today most
70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at least around here, while
those local kids relax inside apparently counting the money and
blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Yeah, by cracky, them young whippersnappers don't know the value of a dollar.

Wait, yes they do, which is why they're not knocking on your door.

James the Elderly

What's the matter with kids these days?
Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

you don't look like dick van dyke....and damn sure not ann margaret.
Old February 7th 10, 04:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

In article , "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
Petronius wrote:
Bruce Remick wrote:
[...]

that's a song line from bye bye birdie.....
Old February 7th 10, 12:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
beekeep

On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 21:55:11 -0500, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? Not much RCC action
this weekend. If you're like me, you spent part of the day shoveling and
the other part recuperating. 24+ inches on my 50' driveway in the N.
Virginia suburbs. I'll tackle the sidewalk tomorrow. No snow plow yet.
Fifty years ago, this would have brought out the local kids competing to
earn good money. But today most 70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at
least around here, while those local kids relax inside apparently counting
the money and blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

Got a couple of feet here in Southern Maryland. Today will be the dig out. Only
8/10 of a mile to go to get to the highway!

beekeep
Old February 7th 10, 03:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Tee hee!!! Sun shining brightly in Maine, most snow melted last
week. Didn't get a flake this time around. I find it humorous when
southern climes get what we are famous for. Washington DC has gotten
more snow this season than we got all of our last season.

Jud - the Gloater
Old February 7th 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Feb 6, 8:55*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Are most of you folks out there snowed in easterners? *Not much RCC action
this weekend. *If you're like me, you spent part of the day shoveling and
the other part recuperating. *24+ inches on my 50' driveway in the N.
Virginia suburbs. *I'll tackle the sidewalk tomorrow. *No snow plow yet.
Fifty years ago, this would have brought out the local kids competing to
earn good money. *But today most 70-year-olds have to do it themselves, at
least around here, while those local kids relax inside apparently counting
the money and blackberry Ipods their parents give them.

We had a snowy morning in Central IL on Friday about 2-3 inches in the
morning and another 1 inch overnight, the temperature right at
freezing all day and night. The IL Department of Transportation did
an EXCELLENT JOB of keeping the roads salted and I was able to do a 75
mile each-way round trip (Springpatch to near Macomb) with no real
problems.

It used to be that a person could go to small-to-medium sized coin
shows every weekend from the end of October to the end of March, with
Christmas and New Years excepted. No more, almost all of those shows
are gone (the majority of the former attendees are deceased too). A
decent coin show next weekend in STL, but unless some misc. cash comes
in early, I probably won't attend.

oly