FA: Sigh, 1936-D San Diego, 1936 Cleveland, & some 90% silver halfs

Old February 19th 04, 05:13 AM
Bill Krummel

Default FA: Sigh, 1936-D San Diego, 1936 Cleveland, & some 90% silver halfs

I pulled a decent portion of my commemorative collection out of the safe
back in December, with the intent of gritting my teeth and selling them,
only for need of some cash. Well, it has been hard to make myself list any,
but I managed to put two up tonight. The Cleveland (ICG MS63);

was easiest since it is a duplicate, but still, I feel a small pang.

The San Diego (NGC 65);

Aaargh, I am feeling kind of low. Quite a few others destined for the
auction block got a temporary reprieve tonight. I am trying to figure out
how to misplace them, yet be able to find them when the storm (financial) is
over.

Also, 26 halfs, 90%. Selling for bullion value rather than numismatic
value, but since I have not looked at them other than to see the date, you
never know. But, I wouldn't bet more than bullion value on it;

Bill

Old February 19th 04, 04:03 PM
George D

Bill Krummel wrote:

Also, 26 halfs, 90%. Selling for bullion value rather than numismatic
value, but since I have not looked at them other than to see the date, you
never know. But, I wouldn't bet more than bullion value on it;

Bill

Moving this one up a little early on.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ

Please use this address to mail me. Or remove the arizona in the link.
Remember there is no Arizona.

ALL emails incoming and outgoing are run thru Norton and AVG anti virus.

Old February 19th 04, 04:54 PM
Randy Thompson

"Bill Krummel" wrote in message ...
I pulled a decent portion of my commemorative collection out of the safe
back in December, with the intent of gritting my teeth and selling them,
only for need of some cash. Well, it has been hard to make myself list any,
but I managed to put two up tonight. The Cleveland (ICG MS63);

was easiest since it is a duplicate, but still, I feel a small pang.

The San Diego (NGC 65);

Aaargh, I am feeling kind of low. Quite a few others destined for the
auction block got a temporary reprieve tonight. I am trying to figure out
how to misplace them, yet be able to find them when the storm (financial) is
over.

Not to wish you any financial bad luck, but I'm waiting for the bloody
Gettysburg to hit ebay.
Old February 19th 04, 05:51 PM
Bill Krummel

"Randy Thompson" wrote in message
om...
[...]

The Gettysburg and a creamy1939-S Oregon, PCGS MS65, would be the last to
go, and I think I can avoid listing them. In fact, I have a standing offer
for the Gettysburg which I would have to consider strongly first, before I
listed it. I was going to list all of my classic commems back in December,
and I ended up pulling 8 or 9 out of the safe, leaving 15-20 in the safe.
Of the 8 or 9, I listed 2 or 3 in December, then looked through the
remainder last night and could only pull the trigger on two. What is really
aggravating is that I have tons of $5-$20 coins that I could sell without
batting an eye, but that is a time consuming way to raise a goodly amount of
cash. Still, I may find the time to do just that before I cut deeper into
my collection. Bill

Old February 19th 04, 05:53 PM
Bill Krummel

"George D" wrote in message
Bill Krummel wrote:

Also, 26 halfs, 90%. Selling for bullion value rather than numismatic
value, but since I have not looked at them other than to see the date,

you
never know. But, I wouldn't bet more than bullion value on it;

Bill

Moving this one up a little early on.

--
George D
Phoenix, AZ
AAA, AARP, ANA, NRA, RCC ?+1, PIA, PIAAZ, GATF 85006-3032-18-4

Thanks, George. Honestly, if you were to win at the current bid, I would
be happy. Of course, I only have face value in them, so anything now is
just gravy, anyway. Bill

Old February 19th 04, 08:11 PM
Bill Krummel

I have a 1936-D Texas, NGC MS66, which is still in the safe and will be one
of the last to go if I have to go that far. I have a nice raw 1934 Texas,
my grade MS64, also still in the safe but which I won't protect as much as
several other of my commems. Bill

"Mike Hairfield" wrote in message
Got any Texas Com.'s

Mike

Old February 19th 04, 08:26 PM
Larry Louks

Randy Thompson wrote:
...I'm waiting for the bloody Gettysburg to hit ebay.

Some time back, Bill had mentioned having that coin and he sent me a link to
a photo of it. I was absolutely stunned when I saw those reddish stains on
it! So apropos for the type of setting that the coin portrays! In a word,
"gorgeous!"

Larry
'in awe in Oregon'

Old February 19th 04, 08:35 PM
Bill Krummel

"Larry Louks" wrote in message
Randy Thompson wrote:
...I'm waiting for the bloody Gettysburg to hit ebay.

Some time back, Bill had mentioned having that coin and he sent me a link

a photo of it. I was absolutely stunned when I saw those reddish stains on
it! So apropos for the type of setting that the coin portrays! In a word,
"gorgeous!"

Larry
'in awe in Oregon'

I think I sent you this link, at John Carney's site;

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jcarne.../Krummel2.html

You know, it's not that great a coin, except for, as you say, "So apropos
for the type of setting that the coin portrays!" And for that reason alone,
it would be the last commem, and the last of my coin possesions, that I
sell. Bill

Old February 19th 04, 11:27 PM
Alan Williams

"Mike Hairfield" wrote in message