Silver and Gold

Old January 21st 10, 02:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default Silver and Gold

"Donald Weber" wrote in message
m...
PC Wrote on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:39 PM

I fail to see who this election really changes anything. The
Democrats had a super majority and were largely ineffective. So now
they don't have it. They will continue to be largely ineffective.

They seem to have had a recent "attitude adjustment". That's a change.
Hopefully, while there's still a haze over the chambers, we'll get a little
more partisanship when crafting these monster bills, not that this will
streamline the process.

Old January 21st 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Bruce Remick wrote:
"oly" wrote in message
On Jan 20, 11:20 am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message

Both are tanking right now. Silver @ $18.06 and Gold @ $1111.80

A good deal for anyone looking to buy. I've yet to understand how
the US dollar can be deemed "stong" one hour and "weak" a couple
hours later, with
metal prices seemingly attached to these fluctuations with a rubber
band. I
wonder what would have happened to the dollar, gold, and silver if
the Democrat had won in Massachusetts yesterday. Wall Street
reportedly got giddy yesterday over the prospect of a Republican
win, but that's apparently
ancient history today.

Darkening financial/political conditions in Euroland seem to be
today's primary movement maker. China is on peoples' minds, and
banking profits too. This stuff is all very ephemeral.
=============

I do realize that the US dollar is not the only factor, or even
always the prime factor, driving metals prices. But it still
confounds me how this dollar strength seems to change back and forth
daily. And the metals prices usually fluctuate in lockstep. I would
think it should take at least several days of study to determine
whether the dollar is indeed weak or strong and that gold & silver
would stand by waiting for that decision rather than jumping around. I
suppose if I took an economics course it would all become clear to
me.

A course in journalism would stand you in better stead. The lesson
objective on the very first day in course 101: "As a journalist you have
either time or column inches, or both, to fill up with something. Your
job: Fill it." Any questions? Class dismissed.

James, suffering diarrhea of both mouth and pen

You sold me. I just signed up for a course in Zen.

Old January 21st 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message

[...]

That'll work, too. Just don't get into any of that reality business, it
just hurts too much.

James the Sadist

Old January 21st 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!
Old January 21st 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius[_2_]

"Jud" wrote in message
Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!

Like the South, gold and silver will rise again!

Old January 21st 10, 06:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Jud" wrote in message
Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!

Don't worry. That TV gold pitchman says that gold has never been worth
zero.

That same guy reminds me of the nerd kid in American Graffitti, all grown
up.

Old January 21st 10, 07:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Jan 21, 12:06*pm, "Petronius" wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message

Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!

Like the South, gold and silver will rise again!

I have also heard that remark (the South will rise again!) in
Bavaria. Followed by the remark that, zees time ve conquer ze whole
vereld.
Old January 21st 10, 07:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Jud" wrote in message

Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!

Like the South, gold and silver will rise again!

I have also heard that remark (the South will rise again!) in
Bavaria. Followed by the remark that, zees time ve conquer ze whole
vereld.

They'll have to get past the Duchy of Grand Fenwick before they conquer the
rest of the world, and, as you may know, the Duchy once defeated the U.S.
without firing a single shot.

James the Roaring Rodent

Old January 22nd 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_10_]

On Jan 20, 7:03*pm, "Donald Weber" wrote:
*PC Wrote on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:39 PM

I fail to see who this election really changes anything. *The
Democrats had a super majority and were largely ineffective. *So now
they don't have it. *They will continue to be largely ineffective.

Conversely the Republicans managed to cram a lot of crappy legislation
through with a simple majority in Bush's first six years.

I might point out that though the GOP controlled both Houses at the time,
They did not have a super majority in the Senate and therefore it was
necessary to get at least a few Democrats to go along with anything they
wanted to pass. *A small point but an important one.

I would characterize as something more like "folding like a cheap
lawnchair" rather than "going along" but maybe that is just me.
Old January 22nd 10, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

"Jud" wrote in message

Precious metals continue their death spiral. Hang in there Ken!

Like the South, gold and silver will rise again!

I have also heard that remark (the South will rise again!) in
Bavaria. *Followed by the remark that, zees time ve conquer ze whole
vereld.

They'll have to get past the Duchy of Grand Fenwick before they conquer the
rest of the world, and, as you may know, the Duchy once defeated the U.S.
without firing a single shot.

James the Roaring Rodent

Fredonia is still a contender, but currently leaderless ...