India ID [3]

Old July 9th 09, 01:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Default India ID [3]

To complete my database I need these 3 please.
I am curious as to the badly registered Satyajit Ray issue
with 1994 blazoned across. I cannot see it
http://cjoint.com/data/hjc2DSuJVM.htm
Thanks.

BTW anyone know why the 1994 "endangered water birds" were withdrawn?
(SG1603-1606)

Old July 9th 09, 02:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 9 July, 02:58, "rodney" wrote:
To complete my database I need these 3 please.
I am curious as to the badly registered Satyajit Ray issue
with 1994 blazoned across. I cannot see it *http://cjoint.com/data/hjc2DSuJVM.htm
Thanks.

Patel, on the left is SG 1963 of 31-Oct-2000. The other two have
defeated me so far.

BTW anyone know why the 1994 "endangered water birds" were withdrawn?
(SG1603-1606)

As you've probably seen, SG just says "due to technical difficulties",
but doesn't elaborate. http://www.hindu.com/yw/2004/10/02/s...0201480400.htm
says they were of poor quality.

Chris
Old July 9th 09, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Patel, on the left is SG 1963 of 31-Oct-2000. The other two have
defeated me so far.

My 2005 SOTW goes to 2003, perhaps they are both later Chris.

BTW anyone know why the 1994 "endangered water birds" were withdrawn?
(SG1603-1606)

As you've probably seen,

No actually, I had not googled and my SG spec finishes just before that
issue.
Thanks for that link, good stuff.
Thanks Chris.

Old July 9th 09, 04:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 9 July, 05:18, "rodney" wrote:

Patel, on the left is SG 1963 of 31-Oct-2000. The other two have
defeated me so far.

My 2005 SOTW goes to 2003, perhaps they are both later Chris.

SG's online cat goes to the beginning of 2006, but I can't see them
there either. I fear it's a matter of Googling Indian stamp sites.

Chris

Old July 9th 09, 04:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Roger that.
thanks for your help.

Old July 9th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

well that was painless
SG1568 (1994) S Ray and Oscar, part of se tenant pair.
SG1159 (1985) wood duck (valuable little critter too, if MNH)
Thanks again Chris

Old July 9th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair[_2_]

On Jul 8, 9:54*pm, wrote:
On 9 July, 02:58, "rodney" wrote:
BTW anyone know why the 1994 "endangered water birds" were withdrawn?
(SG1603-1606)

As you've probably seen, SG just says "due to technical difficulties",
but doesn't elaborate.http://www.hindu.com/yw/2004/10/02/s...0201480400.htm
says they were of poor quality.

Chris

The stamps were printed with water-soluable ink.
Oops!

8^)

Blair

Old July 9th 09, 07:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message wrote:

On 9 July, 02:58, "rodney" wrote:
To complete my database I need these 3 please.
I am curious as to the badly registered Satyajit Ray issue
with 1994 blazoned across. I cannot see it *
http://cjoint.com/data/hjc2DSuJVM.htm
Thanks.

Patel, on the left is SG 1963 of 31-Oct-2000. The other two have
defeated me so far.

The middle one (wood duck) is SG 1159 (18/5/85)

The right one (Ray) is SG 1567 (11/1/94)

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :

Old July 9th 09, 09:27 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Cheers Tony,
I have found googling for late emmission issues
quite easy really, I had not realised that
before today.
I must remember wns as well.

"Tony Clayton"
The middle one (wood duck) is SG 1159 (18/5/85)

The right one (Ray) is SG 1567 (11/1/94)

India ID please. rodney General Discussion 7 October 27th 07 06:38 AM
India~Opt. rodney General Discussion 8 October 23rd 07 12:24 PM
Rangoon, Burma - India Abroad - Cancels On India Stamps - Scan Included [email protected] General Discussion 7 May 17th 05 05:53 PM
$$$ : British India and Gulf India notes for sale Varshney, Anurag Paper Money 0 March 16th 04 05:12 AM
INDIA C.T.O.s S General Discussion 1 December 11th 03 06:50 AM