Restockimg fee

Old January 5th 09, 11:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Restockimg fee

I ordered an $85 book through Amazon Marketplace. Amazon instantly
advised me that the book was not available, so I promptly ordered it
from another vendor. I received two copies of the book, which I
reported to Amazon as a situation needing help. Amazon, instead of
determining blame in the matter, wanted me to work out the situation
and get back to them. One dealer, apprised of the facts, agreed to
take the book back subject to a "standard" restocking fee of 20%.

I could not find a seller's Web page through amazon.com. The return
address on the package preceded thn Amazon marketing name with
"Science" but, using google.com I could only find a Web page for the
marketing name preceded by "Discount," hosted by biblio.com. I could
not find any mention there of a returnn policy.

I gave the seller an Amazon Marketplace rating of 1 star (out of 5).

David Ames
Old January 18th 09, 06:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Jan 5, 3:19*am, wrote:
[...]

I don't have any solutions to offer for the above, but it reminded
me of a related question of my own. Does anyone know a
simple way of finding someone's Amazon storefront? Yes,
I know how to check out a storefront when I am reading a listing.
That part is simple. But what I refer to is when someone gives
me the name of their storefront, but I don't have one of their
listings. Sort of like, "Check out my Storefront, I am 'seaofbooks4'"
Then I can never find them, unless I happen to run across
one of their listings. It seems like there should be a place
on the "Your Account" page where you can do a search for
an Amazon merchant by name, but I can never find one.
Does anyone know a simple way to do this?

[Memo from the upstairs office]
Old January 19th 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
James Weston

"Bill" wrote in
I gave the seller an Amazon Marketplace rating of 1 star (out of 5).

That's nothing. I give all Amazon and eBay sellers 1 star out of 5 for
every transaction. Why? Because I can.

Old January 20th 09, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
scotkamins

In article ,
"James Weston" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in
I gave the seller an Amazon Marketplace rating of 1 star (out of 5).

That's nothing. I give all Amazon and eBay sellers 1 star out of 5 for
every transaction. Why? Because I can.

You can have a Big Mac & fries at every meal too, but you'd be an idiot
to do it.
Old January 21st 09, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
James Weston[_2_]

"scotkamins" wrote in message news:scot.kamins-
I give all Amazon and eBay sellers 1 star out of 5 for
every transaction. Why? Because I can.

You can have a Big Mac & fries at every meal too, but you'd be an idiot

to do it

Good point. I'll break the mold and start giving negatives for every
transaction instead.

Old January 22nd 09, 05:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Jan 20, 10:40*am, scotkamins wrote:
In article ,
*"James Weston" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in
I gave the seller an Amazon Marketplace rating of 1 star (out of 5).

That's nothing. *I give all Amazon and eBay sellers 1 star out of 5 for
every transaction. *Why? *Because I can.

You can have a Big Mac & fries at every meal too, but you'd be an idiot
to do it.

Good point. I was wondering if the chap was unusually stupid or
simply was possessed of a puerile sense of humor. For any
sensible internet book buyer, those customer ratings should be
taken very seriously because they are there to protect all of us
who purchase on-line. The sellers who mind their P's and Q's
regarding accurate listings, careful packaging, and prompt
shipping deserve to be praised. Sorry if I don't have
a proper sense of humor, but to me giving a conscientious
on-line seller a bad rating is about as "funny" as insulting
and not tipping a waitress who has given you and your
table great service. Further, with regard to the
individual posting the comment, the notion of sort of
bragging about doing something lowly and idiotic
simply because you can get away with it, is far too
shabby a sentiment for a public forum. When I read
posted horsefeathers of that sort, I am sometimes
reminded of an old Danish saying, which translates,, "
If a man have folly in his sleeve, it is sure to peep out." Sad.

I am still hoping someone here can answer my question about
how you find an Amazon merchant's Store Window when you have
the merchant's seller name, but not any of his listings. Sort of
like when someone says, "I am Amazon merchant zbooks14,
check out my Store Window when you get a chance." Isn't
there some way on the Amazon site to do a search and find
a merchant's store window by the merchant's account name,
as opposed to only being able to so by accessing from a
listing?

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

Old January 22nd 09, 05:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Jan 5, 3:19*am, wrote:

By the way, when I responded in my earlier post, I did
not address "restocking fees" themselves. My own
view is that a restocking fee is little more than an
important-sounding term for picking someone's pocket.
Basically, it is a case of book sellers doing what
credit card companies, banks, and a great many
other other entities do in our society: invent high-
falootin'' ways of nibbling (and in some case
chomping) on a customer's bank account. There
are a great many fine booksellers who have gotten
along fine by never charging a customer anything
as annoying, officious, and ridiculous as a
"restocking fee."

Old January 23rd 09, 06:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
James Weston[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in Good point. I was wondering
if the chap was unusually stupid or simply was possessed of a puerile sense
of humor.

eBay has implemented a flawed system which allows malicious buyers to leave
negative feedback without fear of retaliation. A system which allow buyers
to not pay for merchandise without fear of consequences. And lastly, to use
PayPal to keep the merchandise and then get their money back through
chargebacks. I am simply exploiting those flaws to my full advantage. It's
a brave new world for buyers on eBay. Shop victoriously and neg
victoriously!
That the purpose of my folly is lost on you, isn't surprising. You
probably need a magic marker arrow on your wife's belly pointing down just
to figure out where her pussy is, and giant signs on the wall just to find
your own bathroom.

Old January 23rd 09, 07:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bill[_2_]

On Jan 22, 10:06*pm, "James Weston" wrote:
[...]

Ha! "A galled horse cannot endure the comb." But, for accuracy,
let us subsitute
"horse's ass" for "horse"...

[Memo from the upstairs office.]

..
Old January 23rd 09, 04:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

James Weston wrote:
[...]

Now that you have made a confession to the crime of fraud,
all a seller has to do is use Google Groups to find the
statement and you go to jail. And while you may be able to
withdraw your own post, you cannot withdraw this one.

--
Francis A. Miniter

ως ουκ αν αιων' εκμαθοις βροτων, πριν αν
θανη τις, ουτε ει χρηστος ουτ’ ει τω κακος.