Any Booksellers doing class action law suits against eBay?

Old December 12th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
renaisanc9

Default Any Booksellers doing class action law suits against eBay?

I would like to know if any Ebay Book sellers are doing a class action law
suit against Ebay?

Ebay Indeed, will SELF-DESTRUCT it will! It is not only one of the
greediest companies, it is FASCISTIC to the point of behaving UNLAWFULLY,
denying Sellers their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to accept LAWFULL MONEY (checks,
cash, money order.

As we speak, there are many CLASS ACTION SUITS against eBay. I am, however,
suprised that the MOTHER of all Class-Action suits has not yet hit the
fan!... the one in which there will be BILLIONS IN DAMAGES...Fees that
sellers are forced to pay to ACCEPT MONEY and to enrich Pay-Pal who is owned
by Ebay.

WE THE SELLERS have the right to determine how we get payed.

--
http://stores.ebay.com/Grand-Old-Books

Old December 12th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
James E. Morrow

In article , renaisanc9
@aol.com says...

snip

Ebay Indeed, will SELF-DESTRUCT it will! It is not only one of the
greediest companies, it is FASCISTIC to the point of behaving UNLAWFULLY,
denying Sellers their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to accept LAWFULL MONEY (checks,
cash, money order.

snip

There is no constitutional right involved. Under the laws of the United
States only U.S. currency is legal tender. However if eBay were to
specify that only PayPal could be used that would violate anti-trust
law under the Sherman Act. That is not what eBay does. Rather they are
now requiring electronic payments to be available as a customer option.

Now we all know that will mean that PayPal will get 95% of the
transaction payment and clearing business on eBay. But as a matter of
law that is just fine so long as it is not required to be PayPal only.
EBay thus is not maintaining a monopoly by the use of monopoly power.

EBay management may be short sighted and greedy but stupid is perfectly
legal. In fact stupidity is the norm in many localities throughout
America, including large parts of San Jose, California.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to:
Old December 12th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Niel J Humphreys[_2_]

"renaisanc9" wrote in message
I would like to know if any Ebay Book sellers are doing a class action law
suit against Ebay?

Ebay Indeed, will SELF-DESTRUCT it will! It is not only one of the
greediest companies, it is FASCISTIC to the point of behaving UNLAWFULLY,
denying Sellers their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to accept LAWFULL MONEY
(checks, cash, money order.

As we speak, there are many CLASS ACTION SUITS against eBay. I am,
however, suprised that the MOTHER of all Class-Action suits has not yet
hit the fan!... the one in which there will be BILLIONS IN DAMAGES...Fees
that sellers are forced to pay to ACCEPT MONEY and to enrich Pay-Pal who
is owned by Ebay.

WE THE SELLERS have the right to determine how we get payed.

Am I the only one who finds it very difficult to take these people who
capitalise words in the middle of sentences seriously?
--

Niel H

Old December 12th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Kris Baker[_2_]

On Dec 12, 10:28*am, "Niel J Humphreys"
wrote:
[...]

Not at all. I'm also surprised someone would call
themselves a bookseller, without apparently having the
skills necessary to read one. Since the OP is posting
from the UK, which constitutional rights is he trying
to describe?

Kris
I'll give him a 1.2 on the performance art scorecard
Old December 12th 08, 08:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
jmmy

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

Not at all. I'm also surprised someone would call
themselves a bookseller, without apparently having the
skills necessary to read one. Since the OP is posting
from the UK, which constitutional rights is he trying
to describe?

Kris
I'll give him a 1.2 on the performance art scorecard

___

That would be Tulsa Oklahoma UK then, I take it ?

Which still doesn't explain why he prices all his auctions
in US dollars and specifies payment in US Postal Money Orders.

Jimmy

Old December 12th 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Kris Baker[_2_]

On Dec 12, 1:05*pm, "jmmy" wrote:
"Kris Baker" wrote in message

Not at all. * I'm also surprised someone would call
themselves a bookseller, without apparently having the
skills necessary to read one. *Since the OP is posting
from the UK, which constitutional rights is he trying
to describe?

Kris
I'll give him a 1.2 on the performance art scorecard

___

That would be Tulsa Oklahoma UK then, I take it ?

Which still doesn't explain why he prices all his auctions
in US dollars and specifies payment in US Postal Money Orders.

Jimmy

Yeah. It's a famous Route 66 stop.
You've never seen their license plates?
Oklahoma is UK?

Kris
Two windows open at once...mistyped
Old December 12th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Ozark

On Dec 12, 11:28*am, "Niel J Humphreys"
wrote:
[...]

Yes but I learned a new word: FASCISTIC. Now I have to use it in a
sentence today. Lets see; "Some of my friends and I visited Kim today.
I finished first because I have the fascistic."
Old December 13th 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
redleg

On Dec 12, 1:42*pm, Kris Baker wrote:
On Dec 12, 1:05*pm, "jmmy" wrote:

"Kris Baker" wrote in message

Not at all. * I'm also surprised someone would call
themselves a bookseller, without apparently having the
skills necessary to read one. *Since the OP is posting
from the UK, which constitutional rights is he trying
to describe?

Kris
I'll give him a 1.2 on the performance art scorecard

___

That would be Tulsa Oklahoma UK then, I take it ?

Which still doesn't explain why he prices all his auctions
in US dollars and specifies payment in US Postal Money Orders.

Jimmy

Yeah. * It's a famous Route 66 stop.
You've never seen their license plates?
Oklahoma is UK?

Kris
Two windows open at once...mistyped- Hide quoted text -

I had an Oklahoma plate, it said Oklahoma is OK !
Old December 13th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Earls_Music

On Dec 12, 11:22*am, James E. Morrow wrote:
In article , renaisanc9
@aol.com says...

snip

Ebay Indeed, will SELF-DESTRUCT it will! *It is not only one of the
greediest companies, it is FASCISTIC to the point of behaving UNLAWFULLY,
denying Sellers their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS to accept LAWFULL MONEY (checks,
cash, money order.

snip

There is no constitutional right involved. Under the laws of the United
States only U.S. currency is legal tender. However if eBay were to
specify that only PayPal could be used that would violate anti-trust
law under the Sherman Act. That is not what eBay does. Rather they are
now requiring electronic payments to be available as a customer option.

Isn't this 100% inaccurate? eBay states that except for certain
categories, sellers can ONLY offer to accept electronic funds, and
even mentions Paypal in bold lettering. They might as well have a
flashing popup that reads SMOKE NOW! SMOKE NOW!

Old December 13th 08, 03:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.books,alt.marketing.online.ebay
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Niel J Humphreys wrote:
[...]

Nope. Such people remind me of the schizophrenic character
in "12 Monkeys".

--
Francis A. Miniter

ως ουκ αν αιων' εκμαθοις βροτων, πριν αν
θανη τις, ουτε ει χρηστος ουτ’ ει τω κακος.