Website for finding out what my books are worth

Old December 19th 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RF

Default Website for finding out what my books are worth

On Dec 19, 10:33 am, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:

Making EBay the standard is like saying sex is worth what prostitutes
get for it. Women with better marketing strategies marry millionaires,

So basically what you're saying is all women are prostitutes who
market their body and that some just charge a lot more?
How long have you been a misogynist?

Old December 19th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_4_]

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:21:02 GMT, "foad" wrote:

"R. Totale" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:21:05 -0800 (PST), David Downing
wrote:

I'm looking to sell them for
as much as they're worth. Can somebody tell me what a good website
woulld be for this?

eBay. Start them at 99 cents. They will sell for as much as someone is
willing to pay you for them, and that's how much they are worth.

Wow that's stupid.

How do you figure? Auctions have been used for hundreds of years to
sell items from thimbles to mansions for exactly what they're worth
(at that particular moment in time). How better to determine what
something is worth? A firm cash offer beats speculation, guesses and
opinion every time.

That's very postmodern.

Ebay will tell you the minimum price that the 24 people who are searching
for a particular item in a particular week are willing to pay for it.

Old December 19th 07, 05:47 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter

RS wrote:

Seems like it could be a form of money laundering.

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Interesting possibility. Never thought of that. It sure would baffle most
customs agents.

Francis A. Miniter
Old December 19th 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
R. Totale

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:37 GMT, "foad" wrote:

.. .

wrote:

I'm looking to sell them for
as much as they're worth. Can somebody tell me what a good website
woulld be for this?

eBay. Start them at 99 cents. They will sell for as much as someone is
willing to pay you for them, and that's how much they are worth.

Wow that's stupid.

How do you figure? Auctions have been used for hundreds of years to
sell items from thimbles to mansions for exactly what they're worth
(at that particular moment in time). How better to determine what
something is worth? A firm cash offer beats speculation, guesses and
opinion every time.

That's very postmodern.

Ebay will tell you the minimum price that the 24 people who are searching
for a particular item in a particular week are willing to pay for it.

As well as the maximum, which is what it's worth.

Old December 19th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_4_]

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:37 GMT, "foad" wrote:

"R. Totale" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:21:02 GMT, "foad" wrote:

m...
wrote:

I'm looking to sell them for
as much as they're worth. Can somebody tell me what a good website
woulld be for this?

eBay. Start them at 99 cents. They will sell for as much as someone is
willing to pay you for them, and that's how much they are worth.

Wow that's stupid.

How do you figure? Auctions have been used for hundreds of years to
sell items from thimbles to mansions for exactly what they're worth
(at that particular moment in time). How better to determine what
something is worth? A firm cash offer beats speculation, guesses and
opinion every time.

That's very postmodern.

Ebay will tell you the minimum price that the 24 people who are searching
for a particular item in a particular week are willing to pay for it.

As well as the maximum, which is what it's worth.

Really. So Ebay, which offers items for sale for a limited period of time,
to a limited market, is the perfect pricing machine. Supply, demand and
scarcity are immaterial; and no item has any intrinsic value, except what it
can be sold for on Ebay. You sir are an imbecile. **** off now, there's a
good fellow.

Old December 19th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
R. Totale

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:03:22 GMT, "foad" wrote:

.. .

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 14:21:02 GMT, "foad" wrote:

om...
wrote:

[...]

You shouldn't listen so hard to those voices inside your head, they're
telling you I said all sorts of things which I did not. I simply
answered the original question, which was what website the poster
could use to sell his items for what they are worth. If you have an
alternative answer to his question, by all means enlighten him.
Old December 19th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Evelyn C. Leeper

wrote:

I'm looking to sell them for
as much as they're worth. Can somebody tell me what a good website
woulld be for this?
eBay. Start them at 99 cents. They will sell for as much as someone is
willing to pay you for them, and that's how much they are worth.
Wow that's stupid.
How do you figure? Auctions have been used for hundreds of years to
sell items from thimbles to mansions for exactly what they're worth
(at that particular moment in time). How better to determine what
something is worth? A firm cash offer beats speculation, guesses and
opinion every time.

That's very postmodern.

Ebay will tell you the minimum price that the 24 people who are searching
for a particular item in a particular week are willing to pay for it.

As well as the maximum, which is what it's worth.

Well, no.

I'm on a freecycle mailing list. Several times I have offered an item
and gotten no responses, but when I re-offer it a couple of weeks later,
I have multiple interested.

By your reasoning it was worth less than nothing (okay, not worth the
gas money) the first time, and then suddenly increased in value the
second time.

No, I don't think so.

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
I believe I found the missing link between animal
Old December 20th 07, 08:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_4_]

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:03:22 GMT, "foad" wrote:

"R. Totale" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:37 GMT, "foad" wrote:

m...

news:cu8im3pdhecm0hj5e5g0fj0uvurge7tst3@4ax. com...
wrote:

[...]

I asked you to FO politely, didn't I?

Anyway, you did not tell the poster what website he could use to sell his
items for what they are worth. You told him to list his items on ebay for 99
cents because they were only worth what a group of bargain hunting interweb
yahoos was willing to pay for them over a seven day period.

If you have an
alternative answer to his question, by all means enlighten him.

I'm not interested in enlightening him, I'm interested in kicking you.

Old December 20th 07, 01:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
R. Totale

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:19:36 GMT, "foad" wrote:

.. .

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:29:37 GMT, "foad" wrote:

om...

wrote:

[...]

You've yet to come up with a better way to use a website to determine
"what they're worth" and sell them at that price.

I'm not interested in enlightening him, I'm interested in kicking you.

Yes, and if it were Special Olympics Day at Flame School I would be
there cheering with the rest of crowd at the finish line, because
there are no losers here and when you see her honest effort and big
heart it doesn't really matter that little foady isn't smart enough or
strong enough to keep up with the other girls and boys, does it? But
it's not, there are and it does, so I won't.

Old December 20th 07, 01:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
foad[_4_]

"R. Totale" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:19:36 GMT, "foad" wrote:

"R. Totale" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:03:22 GMT, "foad" wrote:

m...

news:62cim35bi46c9oa4gk9tfhajbg5oqhh0gp@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

Fans of irony take note.