Silver and Gold

Old January 30th 10, 04:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

Default Silver and Gold - gone way OT

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
news

"mazorj" wrote in message

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"mazorj" wrote in message

mazorj wrote:
Jud wrote:
On Jan 28, 2:14 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
.
The total bill for my birthcare and my mother's hospital stay
[several days back in that time] came to less than $100. I still
have the receipt that she gave me.

You get what you pay for! 8-)

I may have been worth less than a hundred bucks at the beginning,
but look what I'm worth today!

James
'boy, did I leave myself open there'

You sure did!

I remember back in the 1970s when it was widely touted that the
value
of a human body broken down to its chemical elements was two or
three
dollars. Add inflation for your current elemental value.

If you go the cremation route, you may fetch a few cents as
aggregate
in a concrete or asphalt road.

Today, your various organs and body parts may yield mid- to high
six
figures on the body parts market. Your heirs will have to express
ship
your chilled self to some part of the world where paying is not
illegal, or at least where the laws are not well enforced, so be
sure
to subtract that cost to get your net value.

- mazorj the Market Mortician

I should think the D2O in the human body would be worth more than a
couple of bucks.

James the Hydrogen Heavy

New demurrer - D2O is a molecule, not an element.

Good grief. A Yahoo Q&A site says:

"When broken down into fluids, tissues and germ fighting our bodies
are worth more than $45 million.

"This price tag on the human body is based on a survey published in
Wired magazine. It found that vital organs are no longer the most
valuable body parts. Rather, bone marrow heads the list…priced at $23
million, based on 1,000 grams at $23,000 per gram. DNA can fetch
$9.7 million, while extracting antibodies can bring $7.3 million. A
lung is worth $116,400, a kidney $91,400 and a heart $57,000."

Couldn't we then be our own adequate collateral for a home loan?
Default? Okay, take some marrow. Or better yet, how about a DNA swab?

I was going to mention that but didn't want to be crass.

Hey, times are tough for many people and one has to consider all
options. With a little marrow, a bit of DNA, and a few spare antibodies,
a person could post enough collateral for a nice place on the lake. Or
maybe even acquire that unique 1906/9 Lincoln pennie.

Or pay his own medical bills. :-D

I thought that will become illegal, what with everyone required to be
covered by health insurance, unless they can't afford it, in which case
the govt will keep giving them our tax money until they can. Can you
afford it now? Can you afford it NOW? If you CAN afford it but still
refuse buy health insurance, you will be sent to an Asian village in
Israel until you one day get sick. Then you will be rescued by Rush
Limbaugh reps and will be required to appear on his radio show for a full
week, followed by blackboard sessions with Glenn Beck. See what you
started?

I foresee doctors in Mexico and parts of Southeast Asia accepting payment in
kind. Hip surgery in exchange for scraping out a few grams of bone marrow
while they're at it. Harvesting a kidney while they're in there repairing a
torn bladder. Hey, it's a win-win situation.

Well, it will be if Limbaugh hands over his vocal cords in exchange for
full-body liposuction.

Old January 30th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius[_2_]

Well, it will be if Limbaugh hands over his vocal cords in exchange for
full-body liposuction.

Wouldn't change much, he talks out of ass anyway...

Old January 30th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"Petronius" wrote in message
Well, it will be if Limbaugh hands over his vocal cords in exchange
for full-body liposuction.

Wouldn't change much, he talks out of ass anyway...

Damn, I forgot about that.