US Mint website

Old February 12th 09, 06:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

Default US Mint website

About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real unresponsive.
I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

Old February 13th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

"PC" wrote in message
About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real
unresponsive. I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

I just successfully placed my order for 3 units. The Feb. 28 ship
date shown on the coin item description shifted to April 1 on the
order sheet. (So is April Fool's Day a subtle hint that they don't
know when it actually will go out the door?)

The fine print on the order still reflects a 30-day return policy, not
the new 7-day window. Oversights like this open them to demands that
the Mint honor the 30-day policy that showed as part of the terms and
conditions of the transaction regardless of any policy declarations
elsewhere on the website.

Old February 13th 09, 05:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"mazorj" wrote in message

"PC" wrote in message
About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real
unresponsive. I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

I just successfully placed my order for 3 units. The Feb. 28 ship date
shown on the coin item description shifted to April 1 on the order sheet.
(So is April Fool's Day a subtle hint that they don't know when it
actually will go out the door?)

Well after my hand wringing and wailing I was able to place an order for a
few minutes after I posted this. While the website was slow to respond,
once it did respond the pages were served up completely, my order was
processed, and my login never dropped. I would say the site handled it
quite well when all was said and done.

I actually got a shipping date of today at first but now it says 2/16 on my
order page. I see also that if you try to order one now it says a shipping
date of 4/1. Last evening it was 2/28. I think your assemsment of that
date is probably spot on.

The fine print on the order still reflects a 30-day return policy, not the
new 7-day window. Oversights like this open them to demands that the Mint
honor the 30-day policy that showed as part of the terms and conditions of
the transaction regardless of any policy declarations elsewhere on the
website.

Oh you know it will happen. I plan on keeping these assuming no major
problem but I have returned items on at least one occasion before and found
the experience to be relatively painless. You just have to be on the ball
now.

Old February 13th 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Roßert G. Schaffrath

mazorj wrote:
"PC" wrote in message
About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real
unresponsive. I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

I just successfully placed my order for 3 units. The Feb. 28 ship
date shown on the coin item description shifted to April 1 on the
order sheet. (So is April Fool's Day a subtle hint that they don't
know when it actually will go out the door?)

The fine print on the order still reflects a 30-day return policy, not
the new 7-day window. Oversights like this open them to demands that
the Mint honor the 30-day policy that showed as part of the terms and
conditions of the transaction regardless of any policy declarations
elsewhere on the website.

They are the government. Why would they feel it is necessary to honor
the wrong terms? They make and enforce the rules so who can you
complain to?
Old February 13th 09, 07:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
mazorj

""Roßert G. Schaffrath"" wrote in message
mazorj wrote:
"PC" wrote in message
About 30 seconds before noon eastern it suddenly became real
unresponsive. I just want to order my Lincoln Commemorative :-(

Looks like everyone else does too ...

I just successfully placed my order for 3 units. The Feb. 28 ship
date shown on the coin item description shifted to April 1 on the
order sheet. (So is April Fool's Day a subtle hint that they don't
know when it actually will go out the door?)

The fine print on the order still reflects a 30-day return policy,
not the new 7-day window. Oversights like this open them to
demands that the Mint honor the 30-day policy that showed as part
of the terms and conditions of the transaction regardless of any
policy declarations elsewhere on the website.

They are the government. Why would they feel it is necessary to
honor the wrong terms? They make and enforce the rules so who can
you complain to?

The courts, although the value of any claimed damages wouldn't cover
the cost of consulting an attorney, never mind actually litigating the
case.

There's always the court of public opinion. When enough buyers raise
enough of a stink about any business practices (the Mint not being
immune here), policies that previously were "set in stone" suddenly
become mutable.

In either case, though, "Fat chance!" and "Good luck!"

Yet another US Mint website debacle PC Coins 5 May 3rd 05 09:10 PM
US Mint Website trojan66 Coins 9 March 22nd 05 06:28 AM
Mint Website Banknote Addict Coins 0 January 31st 05 02:04 AM
US mint website? Jon Coins 6 May 26th 04 10:51 PM
US Mint website Scot Kamins Coins 7 April 23rd 04 06:06 PM