Not Selling

Old June 26th 03, 06:47 PM
jimgonsalves

Default Not Selling

What are some good practices which help convince signers that you are not
going to sell on ebay or anywhere else? I'd guess having the autograph
message mention your name would help. Any other practices?
Thanks Mary Marshall Fowler, Alameda, CA
Not selling

Old June 26th 03, 08:36 PM
Isuamlmbf

What are some good practices which help convince signers that you are not
going to sell on ebay or anywhere else? I'd guess having the autograph
message mention your name would help. Any other practices?
Thanks Mary Marshall Fowler, Alameda, CA
Not selling

I have in the past, if I knew I was going to see someone who likes asking that
question, printed out the completed items on Ebay and shown them to the person.
They soon realize that there signature does not sell for what they think it
does. Most of these people have peopel working for them that tell them there
signature is being sold for a lot of money. I had a golfer (Chi-Chi Rodriguez)
tell me that he did not sign golf ball because peopel sell them on Ebay for
$200.00, when I showed him the print out and he saw most were priced at $9.99
and did not sell he changed his attitude.
Or you can always ask the person, If it sells for so much and is so easy why
don't you do it yourself. Porn star Gina Lynn used to sell her stuff on Ebay
but quit. When I asked he why she stopped she told me it wasn't worth doing.
Old June 26th 03, 11:08 PM
Barefootmk

just don't mention it and always play it off that you are not selling. jokingly
say that stuff on ebay does not sell. but don't ever offer that you are not
selling to people....wait till the celebrity asks you if you are selling it.
because jsut saying that off the bat automatically makes people think you are
selling....
understand? celebrities need to get it out of their minds that people are
making millions of dollars even if they are selling and whatever is sold is not
as much as these celebrities are getting ripped off by accountants, publicists,
attourneys and other pilferers of their money. what they could make off their
autographs is a pittance of what they lose every year from the same people who
tell them that the autographs are for sale in the first place.
that's just my opinion.
mike
Old June 27th 03, 01:00 AM
Dan Hughes

If you're asking for autographs by mail, I think if you write enough in your
letter to prove that you are a true fan they won't worry about your selling
them. For example, when I wrote to Ray Bradbury I mentioned having seen his
home in Waukegan (in Illinois, where he grew up) and I also mentioned a
couple of his more obscure stories.

---Dan

Old June 27th 03, 01:52 AM
Christianmusic14

Is their worried about selling but you don't want it personalized try having
them Personalize on the back of the photo!

Josh

Old June 27th 03, 10:37 PM
Isuamlmbf

Another good response is, I am getting it in person so I don't have to buy one
on Ebay.
Or realy confuse them and say, I bought this item on Ebay. Meadowlark Lemon got
real confused when I told him I bought an item on Ebay, His response was "I
thought you could only sell on there"
Old June 28th 03, 12:17 AM
Gunther

No kidding? One would think that to sell it someone has to be on
there to buy it. Brain-fart moment on Meadowlark's part I guess. :-)