Parker Dimonite Ruthenium

Old July 30th 03, 03:02 AM
Jeff

According to my communication with Pilot on their G2 refills,

"It can also be used in other roller balls made by Acme, Alvin, Aurora,
Burberry, Caran d Ache, Cartier, Colibri (Slim), Cross, Dani-Trio-Usa,
Della,
Diplomat, Elysee, Faberge, Graf von Faber Castell, Itoya, Kreisler,
Montegrappa,
Namiki, Pelikan, Pilot, Retro 51, Rotring, Sheaffer Slim II, ST Dupont,
Stipula,
visconti, Waterman, Yafa Slim, Zebra and Zepplin."

Jeff - who currently keeps a Pilot Q7 pen with a G2 refill inside it and has
completely abandoned any hope for Fisher Space pens.

"DovR" wrote in message
There are some fine gel color refills available. Sadly most do not fit the
1970 Parker Big Red and Yellow I use. Over here Parker rep only imports blue
and black. That's it ! Can you recommend a site which has wide selection at
decent prices for this BP/RB.

I have diff Yafa refills which are supposed to be compatable with Parker but
are not.

Pilot G2 are great but they fit only the pilots. I did some cutting and
cellotaping but all in all not a good fit and nib wobbles.

Cross ion has pretty gel colours and writes a nice line.

"David Heverly" wrote in message

(Urban Fredriksson) wrote in message

The gel refills are great.

But a bit expensive. 8 times more than ballpoint refills.

Urban:

Wow!!! Eight times the cost! I don't blame you for being a little
concerned about using the Gel refills.

Where I live in the U.S., there isn't that great of a differential.
The going price for the Gel refills is about $4.00 for a blister card
with two refills. A regular Parker ballpoint refill is around $3.00
to $3.35 for a blister pack with ONE refill. Now, the ballpoint is
probably last longer than the two Gel refills. But still, I think
it's a pretty good deal.

Third party ballpoint refills cost about $1.50 to $2.00 bucks.

I also like the Pilot G2 gel refills. I use them in some Pilot
Execu-Gel pens I have. They are great knock-around pens. I just
think Parker has some nicer colors.

David
A man who never met a shade of turquoise he didn't like.

Old July 30th 03, 10:18 AM
Matt Gabriel, Mad Poet of Newport

If I had the webspace, I'd break out the scanner about now... blue gel
comparo!

I really, really like Gel pens, despite they all seep thru moleskine
paper. I've been writing with the Pilot G2 since forever... it and the
Pilot Varsity are my at-work note-taking pens. Nicer than Papermate
black throwaways, but not so pricey I'm heartbroken when one wanders
off. The G2 feels like a substantial pen, heavier and with a better
balance than the Parker Jotter. The refills fit into some really,
really nice pens, too, and write forever and a day without running
out. (The Varsity has this habit, too.) It's a very dark, intensely
saturated blue. A little bit of line variation, but don't overdo it or
it will skip... it prefers to be put firmly to paper.

The Cross Ion is the undisputed champ, laying down a nice thick line
that shows a lot of variation in the flourishes and sweeps of your
handwriting. The Ion is $18 or so, but Cross also makes the Penatia
Gellacious, which takes Ion refills in a $4.00 body. This puts the
pen-and-cart combo about even with the Parker Jotter with a Gel cart.
Cross' blue gel lays a line that is very dark and wet, dries darker
and has a great hypersaturated look, very classy. It looks a lot like
the sample of Penman Sapphire on His Nibs' site.
(http://www.hisnibs.com/images/Miscel...lueSample2.jpg
)

The Parker gel refill writes a lot like their ballpoint does, only
without the glops and watery color. A spidery-thin and invariant line,
it will skip as soon as the touch lightens on a flourish. The blue is
a lighter shade than either the Pilot G2 or the Cross Ion, but still
very saturated. Like the Lake Placid Blue, to go back to the His Nibs
example. (The Pilot would be closer to the Levenger Cobalt blue.) It
is tiny, tho, and obviously will not hold anywhere near as much as the
tall G2 refill or the barrel-thick Ion cart.

The Cross Ion is well worth the premium, and the Pilot is a better
writer than the Parker at a fraction of its price, unless you like the
feel of ballpoints better than rollerballs.

Also picked up a Fisher Space Pen refill, broad point. Writes almost
as nicely as the G2... the color's not quite as bold, but it doesn't
glop or skip like the medium point Fishers. Insanely smooth. Easily
the best ballpoint I've yet tried, and probably a better option for
Jotter owners looking to ditch the stock ballpoint than a Parker gel
cartridge.

~ Matt Gabriel, Mad Poet (Quiet, quiet night at work... can you tell?)