Ping Mike Marotta: No mention of RCC in Numismatist?

Old May 27th 05, 07:11 PM
Bob Flaminio

Default Ping Mike Marotta: No mention of RCC in Numismatist?

In your latest article, you mention all sorts of various online coin
fora -- but not RCC? Are we too intense for the average Numismatist
reader?

In a way, I'm glad -- last thing we need is a bunch of n00bs coming
over. (j/k -- all are welcome!)

--
Bob

Old May 27th 05, 08:13 PM
Mike Marotta

I mentioned RCC at least twice in the last three years. I try to avoid
repetition. Coin Talk, Coin Forum, and Coin Facts have merited a
couple extra doffs of the hat because their principals work hard at
keeping the sites fresh, new, and active. I also mention eSylum more
often because I get a lot of hints and suggestions from there and it is
only fair to credit them. Another institution that comes up more than
once a year or so is the Federal Reserve because it is important to our
money, and their many, many websites have tons of good information for
anyone who does a little drilling.

That said, yes, RCC is a bit intense. I have only so many words in
each column and I try to stay focused. Having to "explain" RCC
requires cumbersome circumlocutions. It is not just RCC's own internal
rough edges, but also the oddball spams that fly through.

Michael

Old May 27th 05, 10:45 PM
Bob Flaminio

Mike Marotta wrote:
That said, yes, RCC is a bit intense. I have only so many words in
each column and I try to stay focused. Having to "explain" RCC
requires cumbersome circumlocutions. It is not just RCC's own
internal rough edges, but also the oddball spams that fly through.

Man, I heard that. Keep writing those columns, dude -- it's one of the
first places I go to.

--
Bob

Old May 28th 05, 12:41 AM
Anka

Mike Marotta wrote:

Having to "explain" RCC requires cumbersome circumlocutions.

Yes. How do you explain something like giving birth or a near death
experience or RCC without having gone through it?

;-)

~Anka

Old May 28th 05, 01:07 AM
Bruce Remick

"Eric Babula" wrote in message
1...
"Mike Marotta" wrote in
oups.com:

circumlocutions.

Hey! I learned a new word today! Time to go home!!!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Doubt I'll ever use that word in normal conversation.

Veeeery painful, that circumlocation. Last time I might have used it in
conversation was after a finishing six-pack of malt liquor. As I was likely
only conversing with myself at the time, I can't recall for sure.

Bruce

Old May 28th 05, 01:58 AM
Jud

Bruce Remick wrote:

Veeeery painful, that circumlocation.

I was only a few days old and can't remember my circumlocation but I am
sure that it was very painful at the time. VBG