BAREFOOT 411

Old August 4th 04, 08:21 PM
Barefootmk

Default BAREFOOT 411

came to my attention that i should do these a little more often...so here
goes...
went to the collateral premiere on monday. it was in downtown l.a.- a real bad
neighborhood...but was pretty good.
a lot of celebrities showed up. walking in from all directions. this was a star
studded event...
tom cruise, jada pinkett and jamie foxx's cars all pulled up
simultaneously...just to leave and not drop off..then a little while later they
all showed up in one car- so as to do press quickly.
as soon as press was done- tom cruise walked over and signed for the crowd
waiting for a long time...he probably signed for a good half an hour. he was
skipping a lot of items like photos and posters in favor of paper and for
little kids (i didn't end up with much myself, but i was able to snag a
few...)while tom was signing- jamie foxx signed for anyone who really asked and
had something for him to sign (wouldn't sign paper- a twist from tom's antics)
but at the same time- tom was grabbing people's cell phones and talking on them
for those people and taking photos with fans as well...jada completely ignored
signing. as did michael mann...mark ruffalo came over and signed quite a bit
too (again, all this was while tom was signing)
other actors who signed during all this...garcelle beauvais, peter berg,
estella warren (on again, off again with peter) jenna elfman (refusing to sign
memorabilia altogether), bruce mcgill. completely stiffing were alicia
silverstone (horrible anyway- good thing her star has dropped) and catherine
bell (again, real bad) with catherine not even acknowledging(did i spell that
right) the crowd. heck at least alicia waved (i guess) a lot of people walked
from different directions and with the tom cruise madness, i didn't see
everyone.
on the way out i was told tom signed again- this time for the professionals. i
wasn't there for the way out cause i left for a fake sharon stone spot. but
from my understanding, mark ruffalo came out and immediately got in with the
ebay calls. to which one of the collectors said," i'm tired of your s@#t, every
time we see you it's ebay this and ebay that" and it got so bad that they had
to be separated...mark's a real ebay crybaby (doesn't he realize that his
autograph NEVER sells on ebay- i'll find out later this week as i put one or 2
on to see if they sell this time around) and it's real obvious that these
"stars" don't look at their autographs on ebay- or else they'd know that it
doesn't sell. especially someone who's named mark ruffalo.
anyway...back to my fake sharon stone spot...went to the restaurant and waited-
there was actually a driver there saying he was driving stone...turned out he
was just driving some businessmen. horrible spot...but i do have to say- saw a
lot of people and got some autographs...chris kataan signed (he's an ebay baby
too but did sign 1 autograp) and marlon wayans signed (he signed what looks
like he's writing shawn though- which i gave him some crap for and he said
"just be happy with what you got". but to me- he's signing someone else's
name.) brady anderson (former steroid abusing oriole) i didn't ask him...and
eva mendes (signed everything i had- no questions asked and took a picture with
yeah ya.) she's really nice about signing and real pretty.
i guess that's it...all my monday night at work. hope ya enjoyed it.

Old August 4th 04, 09:14 PM
dahoov2

Fantastic report. Some of these need to learn from Tom Cruise. What
goes around comes around and part of the reason you stay a star is
your niceness to fans. Just my ho only.

As for the collector who said "i'm tired of your s@#t, every
time we see you it's ebay this and ebay that", that just told the celeb that they are there ALL the time and not this

one event as most just fans go once probably and get an autograph and
are happy.... it's mentioning that they see him all the time and it's
like being a pro 'something'. So they could take it as being a
dealer, which would keep him crying Ebay.

I guess you think you were getting some good info and got duped;
happens a lot probably. Does this happen a lot to the collectors you
know that are out and about? I'd be remembering who told me that crap
for sure!

I think it's hilarious Marlon Wayans would do that. But doesn't that
make the autograph worthless?

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old August 5th 04, 02:56 AM
Gunther

Thanks, Mike. I always appreciate the IP reports.

Old August 5th 04, 03:03 AM
Bcoton

As always, very interesting post.

Catherine Bell? Mark Ruffallo (wasn't he difficult at the '13 going on 30?" I
mean these people should be lucky they are asked to attend premieres let alone
be asked for an autograph!

Stars need to take a memo from Mr. Cruise.

Surprised about Jamie- doesn't fit with what we've heard. Maybe he's changed
his tune? Or taken some pointers from Tom?

And Jada...is Will a good signer? Seems odd to me that she is so reluctant
when she is constantly looking for publicity...just like Eva Mendes (who lets
just say has a certain reputation for doing anything to advance her career).
Old August 5th 04, 06:20 AM
KellyMonro007

Good report, I liked reading it.

I am not a huge Tom Cruise fan, however, I must admit he really seems to go out
of his way for those who clamour for him. He seems like a caring good person.

Kelly
Old August 5th 04, 08:17 AM
Barefootmk

i don't know where you get these rumors about people like eva...she's always
been nice...
jamie fox has always been good with small crowds and low numbers...he's not
real good with crowds at all though...but i've never had a problem with him or
heard of one.
jada is always horrible and she is the reason will can be difficult...i've seen
will sign up a storm at events when she's not there...heck, at last samurai- he
was real nice.
but yeah...always heard weird things from mark...always complaining about
ebay...even when we didn't have anything but index cards...his autograph
doesn't even sell and customers don't really want him either.
catherine bell...hasn't been nice in a while either...i realize that some of
these people get hounded and the ebay thing is a HUGE factor (you'll never
really understand it till flea of the red hot chilli peppers tells you that his
daughter sees his autograph fro sale constantly on ebay and that they aren't
like what she's seen him sign) but ebay is a huge problem...and i am somewhat
to blame....but at the same time- tom cruise's autograph isn't going to sell on
ebay for what it should be worth (i'll probably start a photo off at $74.95 and
not get a bid- but it should be worth way more than that)
saw that people are complaining about autographworld's auction...but the stuff
is real and everyone knows it...and forgers aren't going to infiltrate that
market EVER...so they have complete control over what's on it...and people with
money trust it...everyone on ebay is just looking for a deal...and if you've
bought more than one autograph on ebay...you've probably bought at least one
fake...no offense...but i believe that there are only a few dealers selling
real stuff...

Old August 5th 04, 11:18 PM
Bdrx

Barefoot I wasn't complaining about Autographworld, those guys are a
class act. JD is the reason I collect autographs. I've spent many
hours over the years talking with him, I'm just amazed at what people
pay. I've seen bidding wars on their site for items they are selling
for far less if you just search their site. That's amazing to me. Some
people will pay anything for something they want. It's people like
that, that gives some celebs the impression that their autograph is
worth far more then it really is.
Old August 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Barefootmk

ok...i got ya...i do understand