Dead NG!

Old August 13th 04, 06:56 PM
Joe

Default Dead NG!

I don't think the NG is dead, maybe it's just some of the people! I've read
what members have posted and hate to say it, it is those who just take and
don't want to give that is killing the NG. I for one, enjoy reading the
posts and posting my successes, whether they help anyone or not. I also
post my RTS, and don't get me wrong, there's been many who have helped out
with them. I personally hate it when I get an email from someone who wants
"ALL" the addresses to a particular group or event, case in point, the 1980
US Olympic team. I've posted or have tried to post each success from the
team, as others have. But I'm not going to write out 22-23 addresses.
We've all had to do research into our particular likes, and it doesn't seem
far to just give out stuff when the individual or individuals don't post
anything themselves. Go ahead, burn me, I know some one will, but this
hobby is supposed to be fun, no matter what we collect, or why, or if we
"KNOW" each individual person we write. There's no way that will happen.
My favorite is Hockey, I grew up in New England, I loved the winter sports
and played a little as a kid, so it stands to reason, I still watch every
game I can, go to the minor league games in my area and write to as many
players from all the leagues, why? Because I enjoy the game and get some
interesting letters back. I also enjoy British Comedy's, am I crazy cause
the two don't relate it's what you like and who else cares? Sorry about
rambling, but it ****es me off when people start writing junk and say the NG
is dead, it's the cheap, "I want, don't give" dead beats who are killing the
NG. No wonder people are talking about not posting anymore.

Joe

Old August 13th 04, 10:07 PM
Barb

Hey Joe,
Well said!!! I agree with you 100% I love your posts...we have similar
colleting interests. I have gotten a lot of good info from you. Thanks!!
Barb

Old August 14th 04, 04:09 AM
Bcoton

Joe-

Very well said. And I had to laugh "asking for addys of the whole 1980 Olympic
team" Its like the ones where they give five tv show addresses (which you can
just look up easily enough) and seventy performers and then--- this kills me---
says "email me!"

Look forward to your posts...
Old August 14th 04, 08:00 AM
SBFan2000

Seen alot of these "Dead NG" posts lately and thought I would chime in. I
remember a few months ago people stated that responses were drying up.
While I havn't really noticed it I now others have. I think this is the
reason the group has not been as active. I don't think its because people
leaving because of anyone else. I could be wrong though?

Glenn
www.glenngriffith.com/gca