displaying US souvenir sheets

Old February 16th 04, 02:24 AM
JR9er

Default displaying US souvenir sheets

hey all,

is there anywhere online that will show me what's the best way to display my
various souvenir sheets, small panes, etc? Does everyone just use the many many
different scott mounts for everything? Does anyone use the mylar page
protectors? Are there any websites that can show me how other collectors have
their stamps displayed?

My thinking is by the time I buy all the different sizes of scott mounts I
would need, I would end up spending about the same with the mylar covers.

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?

-Jami
Old February 16th 04, 03:48 PM
Mark Hill

On 16 Feb 2004 02:24:32 GMT,
JR9er wrote:

Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?

Hi,

I'm a new stamp collector, so can't answer the rest of your question.
However, this group's FAQ can be found at http://www.stampfaq.org.

--
Mark Hill (devnull address not read)
GPG KeyID: 4A3B58AC
Old February 16th 04, 05:03 PM
Eric Bustad

JR9er wrote:
hey all,

is there anywhere online that will show me what's the best way to display my
various souvenir sheets, small panes, etc? Does everyone just use the many many
different scott mounts for everything? Does anyone use the mylar page
protectors? Are there any websites that can show me how other collectors have
their stamps displayed?

My thinking is by the time I buy all the different sizes of scott mounts I
would need, I would end up spending about the same with the mylar covers.

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Most page protectors are not Mylar, but are rather made of other types
of plastic. Mylar page protectors, if you can find them, are rather
expensive.

Scott/Prinz/Showgard/etc mounts can also be expensive, partly because
they come in packs that contain more mounts than you really need. Do
you know of other local collectors who might be having the same problem?
Perhaps you can go in with them and split the package. Also, you may
have a local dealer who sells single mounts out of the package. The
best place to find this out would be a local stamp club, if you have one
nearby.

Is there a FAQ for this newsgroup?

= Eric

Old February 16th 04, 05:43 PM
Grandpa

JR9er wrote:

snip

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Have you considered using the transparent acid free picture corners? I
bought a box (self adhesive roll of 200) at K-Mart for $2.

Old February 16th 04, 07:30 PM
Eric Bustad

Grandpa wrote:

JR9er wrote:

snip

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have
everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc
which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Have you considered using the transparent acid free picture corners? I
bought a box (self adhesive roll of 200) at K-Mart for $2.

You need to be very careful with these -- it is very easy to crease the
corner of your S/S when putting it in or taking it out. Or when turning
the album page. And, unless you use very large ones, the S/S can easily
fall out.

= Eric

Old February 16th 04, 08:18 PM
Bob Ingraham

2/16/2004 11:30 AM

Grandpa wrote:

JR9er wrote:

snip

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have
everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc
which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Have you considered using the transparent acid free picture corners? I
bought a box (self adhesive roll of 200) at K-Mart for $2.

You need to be very careful with these -- it is very easy to crease the
corner of your S/S when putting it in or taking it out. Or when turning
the album page. And, unless you use very large ones, the S/S can easily
fall out.

For S/S and covers, I use medium- and large size mounting corners that are
marketed by the Creative Memories scapbook company. The medium-size ones
are21mm (7/8 inch) wide, and the large ones almost 5cm (2 inches) wide. They
easily hold larger items in place; I've never had anything fall out. See
http://www.creativememories.com/ListAlbums.asp?Grp=38&GID=0 for not very
useful images. There are several companies which now sell scrapbook
supplies. Try photo shops.

Bob

Old February 17th 04, 02:51 AM
Grandpa

Eric Bustad wrote:

Grandpa wrote:

JR9er wrote:

snip

I'm using the scott minuteman book with Scott/Prinz mounts. I have
everything
displayed in the album except the souvenir sheets, small panes, etc
which are
still in the glassine envelopes from when I bought them.

Have you considered using the transparent acid free picture corners?
I bought a box (self adhesive roll of 200) at K-Mart for $2.

You need to be very careful with these -- it is very easy to crease the
corner of your S/S when putting it in or taking it out. Or when turning
the album page. And, unless you use very large ones, the S/S can easily
fall out.

Good point, I wasn't thinking about that as I make my own album pages
and those go inside acid free page protectors so for the most part
falling outs not a problem.