Noodler's Equivalent To Shaeffer Scrip Blue Ink?

Old September 6th 04, 03:52 PM
Reuben S. Pitts III

OOPS! Should have said "brick-like" color.

Reuben who would never offend jcii

Reuben S. Pitts III wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Finally, does anyone make a true "Fire-Engine" red ink? Something that
dries bright, and does not turn "orangy?"

I think the new Sheaffer Red dries to a bright red color. I had the
same objection to other reds as you---they were a bick-like color.

Reuben

Old September 6th 04, 09:17 PM
KCat

Levenger Cardinal Red is truly red. I tried some in cartrdige form a
few years ago. Great color. But it kept drying out. I tried it in a
Parer 45. Those caps are not air-tight, so I wonder what would happen
if I used them in a pen with an air-tight cap.

David

this is a good red and to my eye is one of the purest reds out there -
leaning not too far orange or too far purple. But that's my eye. Some
folks consider Vespucci Red to be a light burgundy. To me it's just a red.
But a nice one.

I have been told it isn't in production but I have found sources for it. It
may seem pricey (ranging from 13-25 USD) but the bottles are quite large. I
think it's about 80 mls? but that may be a bit high. I have 1.5 bottles of
it. I use it for mixing though as I don't use a lot of red ink. Prefer
brighter colors (like the very pinkish Diamine Claret or Noodler's Saguoro
Wine) for editing.

I think reds are rather picky, David. I didn't have any trouble with
Cardinal drying out in my pen but I didn't use it much in neat form.

kcat

Old September 8th 04, 06:35 PM
Garglemonster

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:36:10 GMT, "Jimmy Tom"
said:

i've been told that vespucci red isn't made anymore. maybe
that's true and maybe it isn't, but it is hard to find. i've
been using herbin rouge caroubier instead. red ink is
sometimes a necessity rather than a matter of choice.

Jimmy Understood about the necessity part of ink colour.
Jimmy [nodding] Never been in a situation or job that required
Jimmy it.

Jimmy BTW, off-topic question -- how is it that you still have a
Jimmy my-deja.com e-mail account? Mine was repo'd about 6 months
Jimmy after the Google acquisition of Dejanews. [shrugging]

i doubt that's it's still valid, but it was always a throwaway address
that i never checked.

back on topic...

i usually think of colours in terms of pigments. which red is closest
to cadmium red?

for blue, i want an ultramarine.

--

While my BRAINPAN is being refused service in BURGER KING, Jesuit
priests are DATING CAREER DIPLOMATS!!