Precious Metals

Old September 8th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default Precious Metals

As of right now, noon EDT, silver is at $20 per oz, and gold is up to
$1257. Silver made it to a benchmark, can $1300 gold be far behind?
Old September 8th 10, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Jud" wrote in message
As of right now, noon EDT, silver is at $20 per oz, and gold is up to
$1257. Silver made it to a benchmark, can $1300 gold be far behind?

Saw gold up to $1264 before settling back. "They" say that as the price of
gold increases, more smaller investors will switch their attention to the
cheaper silver. Makes sense I guess. Time will tell. Now if only Wall
Street could make up its mind.

Old September 8th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Robert Hairgrove

Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
As of right now, noon EDT, silver is at $20 per oz, and gold is up to
$1257. Silver made it to a benchmark, can $1300 gold be far behind?

Saw gold up to $1264 before settling back. "They" say that as the price of
gold increases, more smaller investors will switch their attention to the
cheaper silver. Makes sense I guess. Time will tell. Now if only Wall
Street could make up its mind.

The price of gold relative to the US-$ is presently being driven by
various uncertanties in that currency ... especially since the Euro is
at an all-time low (and the US-$ is more or less at parity against the
Swiss Franc right now, also pretty close to the low it recently hit
where the Swiss Franc was actually valued higher than 1 dollar).

Other factors, such as the disastrous off-shore drilling incident, will
of course have a positive effect on gold.

If the dollar drops much lower, Asian countries (and others) will
increase gold purchases which will drive gold up even higher.

This is a good time to buy, IMHO ... especially since many people are
selling right now.

YMMV
Old September 8th 10, 06:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Sep 8, 10:50*am, Robert Hairgrove wrote:
Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
[...]

The Euro is at an "all-time low" in terms of what??? Certainly not
against the USD. oly

Old September 8th 10, 10:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Robert Hairgrove" wrote in message
Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
[...]

Personally, I would be wary of buying now as gold flirts with new highs. If
many others are selling as you claim, wouldn't the price likely go down?
IMO, there's much more liklihood of a retreat now and then a yoyo period
rather than a continued climb. The last time I bought silver, after a year
of yoyo-ing the price was a tad less than when I bought it. For every
"expert" who can justify $1300+ gold by 2011, there's another who sees $1150
instead. That's the fun of the game for many people.

Old September 8th 10, 11:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Robert Hairgrove

oly wrote:
The Euro is at an "all-time low" in terms of what??? Certainly not
against the USD. oly

Against just about every other major currency except for the US dollar.
Old September 8th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
[...]

instead. *That's the fun of the game for many people.- Hide quoted text -

Well, I don't know what gold will do, but I keep asking myself about
China's interest in natural resources. If I had the chance to hold $2
Trillion in US treasury debt, would I be tempted to buy some gold,
instead? In particular, at $1250/oz, the US entire stock of gold (ca.
8000 metric tons) is worth about $300 Billion. That's only about 15%
of $2 Trillion ... why wouldn't they prefer a little (?!) more gold?
Old September 9th 10, 03:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Frank Galikanokus

Jud wrote:

As of right now, noon EDT, silver is at $20 per oz, and gold is up to
$1257. Silver made it to a benchmark, can $1300 gold be far behind?

http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/12...ent-glossy.gif

JAM
Old September 10th 10, 02:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
[...]

Ouch! Only two days later and gold has retreated by $30. Those darn
profit-taking sellers. Glad I didn't buy. Maybe *today* is a better time.
Or next week. Or last year.

Old September 10th 10, 10:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Bremick wrote:
"Jud" wrote in message
[...]

Or next week. *Or last year.- Hide quoted text -

Divide $30 by $1250. If you are math capable, of course.

If you can't stand that kind of a small fluctuation, you shouldn't
collect numismatic coins where the markups and haircuts are much much
bigger.

oly

Precious Metals..Again/again Jud Coins 10 June 19th 10 04:40 AM
Precious Metals Jud Coins 4 May 12th 10 07:17 PM
Precious Metals Jud Coins 18 April 7th 10 06:49 PM
Precious Metals Jud Coins 15 November 17th 09 07:47 PM
Precious Metals Edmond Wollmann Coins 5 March 17th 05 06:43 AM