Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

Old August 22nd 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:26 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 11:48 am, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:55 am, "Regnery Publications"
wrote:
President Obama is wrong AGAIN!

Last Friday evening at a White House dinner on the third
night of Ramadan, President Obama came out enthusiastically
in support of building the Islamic supremacist mega-mosque
two blocks from Ground Zero.

On this issue, Obama stands with our enemies.

The very idea of a 15-story mega-mosque on that hallowed
ground is indecent, offensive, and outrageous.

The Anti-Defamation League stated that this is "not a
question of rights, but a question of what is right."

What is right is this: Ground Zero is a battlefield, and
the Ground Zero mosque is an insult to the memory of those
killed by Islamic terrorists in the 2001 attacks.

Help us protect and honor the memory of the nearly 3,000
people who perished on 9/11. Let's keep our promise to
"Never Forget."

Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/humaneventsmedia

One of the more remarkable things about the people regularly
involved in organized coin collecting functions in the
United States is the near 100% absence of obvious
minorities.

I've noticed that people who back up their claims with
reliable evidence have become an obvious minority as well. A
review of the last few months of rcc will painfully bear
that out.

James- Hide quoted text -

Oh please, Meathead. Go on down to the demonstration, or
something.

I'll get you for this, Archie. I'll marry your daughter, and
our kids will be your grandkids, or something.

Michael S.- Hide quoted text -

Gotta give Norman Lear credit; he didn't go back and try to
resurrect "All in the Family" for a twenty-year reunion, or
something like that. Todays TV, somebody would do an inane,
crappy, one-off script just to rake in the extra cash.

But you just resurrected it here, failing to take into
consideration that in that reunion, Mr. O'Connor has been written
out of the script because Edith has outlived you, and my
children, your grandchildren, will eventually inherit everything
you've got, including your coins. Hey! We're back on topic. It's
about effing time.

Mike, Your Loving Son-in-Law- Hide quoted text -

Archie might have pulled some 90% silver coin out of circulation
back in 1963-1968, because all of his buddies at work and at the
tavern were doing it too. Maybe he got a few Barr notes for face,
those things is gonna be rare!!!

But he probably wouldn't have saved too much in silver coins,
because, hey, that money could be down at the Brooklyn Savings &
Loan Association, earning 2 and 3/4% interest, compounded
semi-annually. And, all savings accounts are guaranteed by the
FSLIC (Federal Savings and Loan Insurnace Corporation) for up to
$10,000!!!

Archie paying a premuim over face value for a coin??? Not damn
likely. What kinda retard would pay $1.50 for an old silver
dollar. Gotta be stupid.

Sounds like my Dad. "What!??? You paid ten bucks for just one
stinkin' Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'- Hide quoted
text -

I attended my first coin show in the winter of 1967-68, and attended
the local coin club every monthly meeting through high school
(graduating in 1977). Yes, I knew lots of old guys who couldn't save
even a small bag of 90% silver coins because they "were losing
interest" every day that they didn't have the money on deposit.

I find the beauty of the old savings and loans situation in this:
You could get a higher interest rate on your deposits back in the
late 1960s than you can today.

If you think there isn't more risk in the financial system today,
and don't ask yourself why you're not getting higher rates today,
then you aren't thnking the whole thing through!!!

Just the other day I remarked to some friends that the rate I was
getting on a CD was less than what I got from an S&L as a teenager
back in the nineteen-mumblies. The situation in the U.S. today
resembles the U.S. of the 1850s and the Balkans of the 1910s. All it
will take is for the 2010s financial equivalent of an Archduke
getting snuffed, and it'll be bye-bye world-as-we-know-it.

James the (Very) Guarded Optimist- Hide quoted text -

I am more of the view that we lean towards repeating the Argentinian
experience of the last thirty to seventy-five years. Brazil,
Venezuela, Mexico, something South American or southern american
style.

The old people in this country have already been screwed silly by
nearly twenty years of too-low interest rates paid on deposits. Much
much income and purchasing power transferred directly from the
oldsters to the banksters.

Also, recently you are constantly seeing stories about people taping
into their private retirement accounts and how terrible that is. To
me, that is just the main-stream media laying the popular-opinion
groundwork for the federal government confiscating private IRAs. To
protect us from spending our own money, don't you know. Madame Pelosi
allowed some House committee to take a brief shot at that already,
about two years ago.

I'd appreciate a link to coverage of the Pelosi claim, if it isn't too much
trouble.

James the Curious

Old August 22nd 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Aug 22, 1:43*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:26 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

James the Curious- Hide quoted text -

I expected that request. Here's one for the blue-side of the
spectrum, it will save time:

http://www.factcheck.org/askfactchec... ting_ira.html

You can google either side you care to believe, red or blue, lots of
entries...

oly
Old August 22nd 10, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default Caps for sale - 50 cents a cap!

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:43 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 1:26 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Thanks for that. Equal-opportunity skeptic that I am, I am well aware that
even the guys I voted for, a mixture of blue and red, all have one thing in
common - they're all politicians, and ergo, all lying SsOS.

James the Haberdasher

Old August 23rd 10, 03:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

On Aug 22, 2:49*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Sounds like my Dad. *"What!??? *You paid ten bucks for just one stinkin'
Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'

That brought back a memory! Upon my purchase of a 1926 Far 6 Canadian
nickel, my ex-wife exclaimed, if I can quote her exactly "You paid
$100 for a f*****g Canadian nickel that isn't even worth 5¢?"

Jud -Still have the coin, don't have the wife-

Old August 23rd 10, 04:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default Canadian nickels near Ground Zero should be given special treatment

Jud wrote:
On Aug 22, 2:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Sounds like my Dad. "What!??? You paid ten bucks for just one
stinkin' Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'

That brought back a memory! Upon my purchase of a 1926 Far 6 Canadian
nickel, my ex-wife exclaimed, if I can quote her exactly "You paid
$100 for a f*****g Canadian nickel that isn't even worth 5¢?"

Jud -Still have the coin, don't have the wife-

That series of Canadian nickel is one of my favorite coin designs of all
time, I don't really know why. Maybe it's that uncluttered "art deco"
styling? Or maybe it's because I found one in circulation in a
non-upper-tier state when I was about 14. Whatever, I just like 'em!

James the Art Critic

Old August 24th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
celtex

Default The BS just never stops (was: Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK)

"snip
The proposed building is not *at* Ground Zero. The location is two
blocks away from Ground Zero. "Ground Zero" is a specific location.

If the press releases simply said the building would be constructed in
Lower Manhattan, there would have been less resistance. Some would
object to a Mosque being built anywhere in Manhattan, but it's that
false association that makes people think that the building will be
built over the foundation of one of the towers that has caused the
furor.

That building was hit with the undercarriage of one of the planes. That
qualifies as ground zero to me.

And wasn't Pearl Harbor a battlefield? If not what was it then?

Old August 26th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 22, 10:53*pm, Jud wrote:
On Aug 22, 2:49*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Sounds like my Dad. *"What!??? *You paid ten bucks for just one stinkin'
Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'

That brought back a memory! Upon my purchase of a 1926 Far 6 Canadian
nickel, my ex-wife exclaimed, if I can quote her exactly "You paid
$100 for a f*****g Canadian nickel that isn't even worth 5¢?"

Jud -Still have the coin, don't have the wife-

If your situation was anything like mine, you made out in that deal.

Jerry
I admit to paying Ira $80 for a real shiny steel penny.
Old August 26th 10, 01:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 22, 10:53 pm, Jud wrote:
On Aug 22, 2:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

Sounds like my Dad. "What!??? You paid ten bucks for just one
stinkin' Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'

That brought back a memory! Upon my purchase of a 1926 Far 6 Canadian
nickel, my ex-wife exclaimed, if I can quote her exactly "You paid
$100 for a f*****g Canadian nickel that isn't even worth 5¢?"

Jud -Still have the coin, don't have the wife-

If your situation was anything like mine, you made out in that deal.

Jerry
I admit to paying Ira $80 for a real shiny steel penny.

Hey, if a real shiny steel penny does it for you, what else matters?

James, Collector of Some Really Weird Numismatic Material That Most People
Find Quite Ugly

Q: Peking Mosque TL General Discussion 4 September 21st 07 02:21 PM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque gogu Coins 0 April 29th 06 12:26 PM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque gogu Coins 0 April 28th 06 02:08 AM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque [email protected] Coins 0 April 27th 06 12:04 AM
VENUE ?: THE MOSQUE (Now LANDMARK) in Richmond, VA - Anyone??? pe2 Autographs 0 September 11th 05 08:20 PM