Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

Old August 22nd 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 3:55 am, "Regnery Publications"
wrote:
President Obama is wrong AGAIN!

Last Friday evening at a White House dinner on the third night of
Ramadan, President Obama came out enthusiastically in support of
building the Islamic supremacist mega-mosque two blocks from Ground
Zero.

On this issue, Obama stands with our enemies.

The very idea of a 15-story mega-mosque on that hallowed ground is
indecent, offensive, and outrageous.

The Anti-Defamation League stated that this is "not a question of
rights, but a question of what is right."

What is right is this: Ground Zero is a battlefield, and the Ground
Zero mosque is an insult to the memory of those killed by Islamic
terrorists in the 2001 attacks.

Help us protect and honor the memory of the nearly 3,000 people who
perished on 9/11. Let's keep our promise to "Never Forget."

Stop the Ground Zero Mosque -- Join us on FACEBOOK

http://www.facebook.com/humaneventsmedia

One of the more remarkable things about the people regularly involved
in organized coin collecting functions in the United States is the
near 100% absence of obvious minorities.

I've noticed that people who back up their claims with reliable evidence
have become an obvious minority as well. A review of the last few months of
rcc will painfully bear that out.

James

Old August 22nd 10, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:
[...]

James- Hide quoted text -

Oh please, Meathead. Go on down to the demonstration, or something.

Archie
Old August 22nd 10, 07:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

wrote:
[...]

I'll get you for this, Archie. I'll marry your daughter, and our kids will
be your grandkids, or something.

Michael S.

Old August 22nd 10, 07:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

wrote:
[...]

Michael S.- Hide quoted text -

Gotta give Norman Lear credit; he didn't go back and try to resurrect
"All in the Family" for a twenty-year reunion, or something like
that. Todays TV, somebody would do an inane, crappy, one-off script
just to rake in the extra cash.

Archie
Old August 22nd 10, 07:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

But you just resurrected it here, failing to take into consideration that in
that reunion, Mr. O'Connor has been written out of the script because Edith
has outlived you, and my children, your grandchildren, will eventually
inherit everything you've got, including your coins. Hey! We're back on
topic. It's about effing time.

Mike, Your Loving Son-in-Law

Old August 22nd 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Aug 22, 12:18*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Mike, Your Loving Son-in-Law- Hide quoted text -

Archie might have pulled some 90% silver coin out of circulation back
in 1963-1968, because all of his buddies at work and at the tavern
were doing it too. Maybe he got a few Barr notes for face, those
things is gonna be rare!!!

But he probably wouldn't have saved too much in silver coins, because,
hey, that money could be down at the Brooklyn Savings & Loan
Association, earning 2 and 3/4% interest, compounded semi-annually.
And, all savings accounts are guaranteed by the FSLIC (Federal Savings
and Loan Insurnace Corporation) for up to $10,000!!!

Archie paying a premuim over face value for a coin??? Not damn
likely. What kinda retard would pay $1.50 for an old silver dollar.
Gotta be stupid.

oly
Old August 22nd 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Sounds like my Dad. "What!??? You paid ten bucks for just one stinkin'
Lincoln?"

James
'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'

Old August 22nd 10, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Aug 22, 12:49*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

'still glad I bought that 14-D from the neighbor kid'- Hide quoted text -

I attended my first coin show in the winter of 1967-68, and attended
the local coin club every monthly meeting through high school
(graduating in 1977). Yes, I knew lots of old guys who couldn't save
even a small bag of 90% silver coins because they "were losing
interest" every day that they didn't have the money on deposit.

I find the beauty of the old savings and loans situation in this: You
could get a higher interest rate on your deposits back in the late
1960s than you can today.

If you think there isn't more risk in the financial system today, and
don't ask yourself why you're not getting higher rates today, then you
aren't thnking the whole thing through!!!

oly

Old August 22nd 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Just the other day I remarked to some friends that the rate I was getting on
a CD was less than what I got from an S&L as a teenager back in the
nineteen-mumblies. The situation in the U.S. today resembles the U.S. of
the 1850s and the Balkans of the 1910s. All it will take is for the 2010s
financial equivalent of an Archduke getting snuffed, and it'll be bye-bye
world-as-we-know-it.

James the (Very) Guarded Optimist

Old August 22nd 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Aug 22, 1:26*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:49 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:18 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
On Aug 22, 12:02 pm, "Mr. Jaggers"
wrote:
oly wrote:
wrote:
[...]

James the (Very) Guarded Optimist- Hide quoted text -

I am more of the view that we lean towards repeating the Argentinian
experience of the last thirty to seventy-five years. Brazil,
Venezuela, Mexico, something South American or southern american
style.

The old people in this country have already been screwed silly by
nearly twenty years of too-low interest rates paid on deposits. Much
much income and purchasing power transferred directly from the
oldsters to the banksters.

Also, recently you are constantly seeing stories about people taping
into their private retirement accounts and how terrible that is. To
me, that is just the main-stream media laying the popular-opinion
groundwork for the federal government confiscating private IRAs. To
protect us from spending our own money, don't you know. Madame Pelosi
allowed some House committee to take a brief shot at that already,
about two years ago. It did occur in Argentina about ten years ago.

just a random ramble...

oly

Q: Peking Mosque TL General Discussion 4 September 21st 07 02:21 PM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque gogu Coins 0 April 29th 06 12:26 PM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque gogu Coins 0 April 28th 06 02:08 AM
Athens Muslims step up calls for a mosque [email protected] Coins 0 April 27th 06 12:04 AM
VENUE ?: THE MOSQUE (Now LANDMARK) in Richmond, VA - Anyone??? pe2 Autographs 0 September 11th 05 08:20 PM