Buy Gold, Obama wants to steal your 401(k)

Old August 22nd 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Default buy Open Pit, it'll do your cookin' proud

Frank Provasek wrote:
Actually the problem is that how much do you withdraw from your 401(k)
each year, not knowing
what the interest rates or value of stock investments will be, nor how
long you will live, to keep from
running out of money. The Obama administration simply wants to
encourge people to convert
their 401(k) to an annuity (run by an insurance company, not the
government) which will give them
a guaranteed amount every month for the rest of their life.

Yet Fox News and talk radio misrepresent this as "Nancy Pelsoi
stealing your 401(k)"

Well, that certainly will draw more slack-jawed viewers and listeners than
the ho-hum truth.

James the Propagandist

Old August 23rd 10, 04:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

If the cost of living increases at a percentage rate higher than
passbook savings, you are better off taking the money out of the bank
now and buying things for the future.

Jud -Stocking up on non-perishables and ammunition-
8-)
Old August 23rd 10, 04:03 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers[_2_]

Jud wrote:
If the cost of living increases at a percentage rate higher than
passbook savings, you are better off taking the money out of the bank
now and buying things for the future.

Jud -Stocking up on non-perishables and ammunition-

I'm stocking up on rare coins before they get even rarer.

James the Packrat

Old August 25th 10, 11:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default Buy Gold, Obama wants to steal your 401(k)

On Aug 22, 5:03*pm, Frank Provasek wrote:
Actually the problem is that how much do you withdraw from your 401(k)
each year, not knowing
what the interest rates or value of stock investments will be, nor how
long you will live, to keep from
running out of money. *The Obama administration simply wants to
encourge people to convert
their 401(k) to an annuity (run by an insurance company, not the
government) which will give them
a guaranteed amount every month for the rest of their life.

Yet Fox News and talk radio misrepresent this as "Nancy Pelsoi
stealing your 401(k)"

I have to disagree with you, Frank. ANYTIME the topic includes money,
Congress, and/or the President, it inevitably translates to, "No
matter what they say, Congress is going to take your money so the
President can spend it."

Jerry
(Struggling not to rant politically. Breathe, breathe, breathe.
Okay, I feel better.)
Old August 25th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 13, 5:31*am, (Scott
Stevenson) wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:11:22 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis

wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:41*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
Jerry Dennis wrote:
On Aug 12, 4:33 am, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
Richard L. Hall wrote:
Oh! No! Just last week, I got a letter saying that Obama is going to
confiscate all my gold. So I sold the gold and purchased bonds. Now
you're telling me that Obama is going to take all my bonds so I
should purchase gold. What a dilemma to be in. I'm going around in
circles.

It's coming to get you...it's in your home state...it's outside your
door...

James "Lights Out" the Creeper

"OH! *I GOT OUT MY JELL-O AND SMEARED IT ALL OVER THE FLOOR!"

Jerry
Trivia Question - Who actually said that?

"We had never seen the belt. *But we had heard about it. *It was nine feet
long. *Eight feet wide. *It had hooks in it, and it would tear the meat off
your body if it ever hit you."

James the Organist
'doooo, doooo, reeeeeeeeng'

Touche, James. *Your response indicates you know. *Now, anybody else
want to give it a shot?

Jerry

* Noah!

* take care,
* Scott
* waiting for the sewers to back up...

I need to check these posts more often. Yes, Scott, it appears you do
know the answer to my previous trivia question. How does it feel to
be OLD, like the rest of us codgers?

Jerry
Huh? Didja say somethin'?
Old August 26th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Scott Stevenson

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:45:56 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

wrote:
On Aug 12, 10:41*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

"We had never seen the belt. *But we had heard about it. *It was nine feet
long. *Eight feet wide. *It had hooks in it, and it would tear the meat off
your body if it ever hit you."

James the Organist
'doooo, doooo, reeeeeeeeng'

Touche, James. *Your response indicates you know. *Now, anybody else
want to give it a shot?

Jerry

* Noah!

* take care,
* Scott
* waiting for the sewers to back up...

I need to check these posts more often. Yes, Scott, it appears you do
know the answer to my previous trivia question. How does it feel to
be OLD, like the rest of us codgers?

I would just like to point out that my knowledge of the Chicken
Heart, Vaughn Meader, and Mort Sahl come from the fact that my
_parents_ bought those albums.

When I look at that, and add to it : 1)the cars we had when I was
growing up, 2) living a block from the beach, and 3) we could watch
what programs were broadcast in color on our Zenith console TV with
the Space Command 600 remote, I can only conclude one thing:

My parents were cool enought to have been members of the Rat Pack.

take care,
Scott
Old August 26th 10, 02:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Scott Stevenson" wrote in message
On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:45:56 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I bought the Meader album when it came out. I've kept it almost 50 years
and I notice today they sit ignored on eBay for about what I paid for it
new. Meanwhile, those three silver half dollars I spent are now worth about
twenty bucks. Sometimes you win........

Old August 28th 10, 07:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

On Aug 25, 9:46*pm, "Bremick" wrote:
"Scott Stevenson" wrote in message

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:45:56 -0700 (PDT), Jerry Dennis
wrote:

wrote:
[...]

twenty bucks. *Sometimes you win........- Hide quoted text -

I, too, had "The First Family" as a young 'um back in the day. After
joining the Navy, some of my albums "disappeared." Then one day I was
visiting my local pawn shop (no real coin dealers in my area). After
viewing the numismatic goodies he had, I flipped thru the albums in
the shop. Lo and behold, there it was, a used album for sale for the
original selling price of $2. And it was in good shape. Of course I
had to scarf it up.

Jerry
Now, who jacked All Hail Marx and Lennon?
Old August 30th 10, 10:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Alabama Pete

Bingo,What the REST of the STORY is though is this ,and this is where the
evil lies. Pelosi has already declared MARTIAL Law in her tenure as Queen
of U.S. once. What part of government programs is it Frank that makes you
trust these jackholes?

Old September 12th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Charles Finly

Richard L. Hall wrote:
Oh! No! Just last week, I got a letter saying that Obama is going to
confiscate all my gold. *So I sold the gold and purchased bonds. *Now
you're telling me that Obama is going to take all my bonds so I
should purchase gold. *What a dilemma to be in. *I'm going around in
circles.

It's coming to get you...it's in your home state...it's outside your door...

James "Lights Out" the Creeper

"OH! *I GOT OUT MY JELL-O AND SMEARED IT ALL OVER THE FLOOR!"

Jerry
Trivia Question - Who actually said that?

Don't forget to set the couch on fire!